Lumberton @ Huffman

56 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

You asked if I was a blind follower. I wanted to know what you meant by that. Like I said, you are entitled to your own opinions about the team, and their decisions. I believe they are making the right decisions and are doing everything they can to win games. I believe this game could be for the District Title.  One thing we can agree on is your last line. Ready for Friday to be here! Go Raiders!   🤘                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

I’m the blind follower he is referring to. I guess checking facts with the coach instead of publicly questioning his decision making makes me a blind follower. If so, guilty as charged. 

1 hour ago, Guitar Man said:

You asked if I was a blind follower. I wanted to know what you meant by that. Like I said, you are entitled to your own opinions about the team, and their decisions. I believe they are making the right decisions and are doing everything they can to win games. I believe this game could be for the District Title.  One thing we can agree on is your last line. Ready for Friday to be here! Go Raiders!   🤘                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

I think we are on the same side of the fence. I don’t know yet, but I bet we will see a different offensive scheme this week. Raiders really need this win if they want to be in the top 2 spots. Can’t wait!

34 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I’m the blind follower he is referring to. I guess checking facts with the coach instead of publicly questioning his decision making makes me a blind follower. If so, guilty as charged. 

Lol. Yes. You are guilty of blind following for reasons other than stated. But like I said, the important thing is we are ALL pulling for a Raiders win no matter how we get there. Hoping for a good result Friday night!

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Lol. Yes. You are guilty of blind following for reasons other than stated. But like I said, the important thing is we are ALL pulling for a Raiders win no matter how we get there. Hoping for a good result Friday night!

Maybe you’re blindly following your sources as well. 

Huffman looks great at 5-0, but for their 5 wins the opponents total record is 6-23.   Three of the teams are 0-fers (0-6, 0-5, 0-6).  So how good are the Falcons?  We’ll see tomorrow night.  IMO, Lumberton has a real chance.  This may be one of the better games Friday night.

10 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Huffman looks great at 5-0, but for their 5 wins the opponents total record is 6-23.   Three of the teams are 0-fers (0-6, 0-5, 0-6).  So how good are the Falcons?  We’ll see tomorrow night.  IMO, Lumberton has a real chance.  This may be one of the better games Friday night.

Oh so you mean Huffman scheduled a bunch of chumps?? God forbid Lumberton schedule a “subpar” team and everyone on here jumps on us... 

But anyway, I agree this should be a good game and will give us a good idea of how District will shape out.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

Oh so you mean Huffman scheduled a bunch of chumps?? God forbid Lumberton schedule a “subpar” team and everyone on here jumps on us... 

But anyway, I agree this should be a good game and will give us a good idea of how District will shape out.

That is hilarious. Will be listening to the game, should be a good one! 

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

AGREED! Should be the strongest test of the season for both teams! GR8 football weather too!

14 hours ago, Hagar said:

Lumberton beat Evadale, kirbyville and Furr. Real tough competition. Silsbee was toughest competition. Flags littered the field. But either way. They lost. So comparing records, it’s almost the same. We will see soon. Huffman with the win. 

Bostwick says to expect winds gusting to 30mph by kickoff.  It might cause Huffman problems with their passing game (and everyone else who passes).  Now if Ltown can manage to hold on to the ball.

Btw, if you’re familiar with the stadium your team is playing at, and the bleachers are facing North, better take some warm clothes.  😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Bostwick says to expect winds gusting to 30mph by kickoff.  It might cause Huffman problems with their passing game (and everyone else who passes).  Now if Ltown can manage to hold on to the ball.

Btw, if you’re familiar with the stadium your team is playing at, and the bleachers are facing North, better take some warm clothes.  😂😂😂

Yup wind gusts supposed to be higher in the htown area tomorrow night. Our area it's supposed to be 15-20mph. We'll see. 

25 minutes ago, FalconsRus said:

Huffman has done what they should do to lesser teams. The boys confidence is at and all time high! We have a Pierson 6 & Pierson 3 connection on defense that has us playing pretty tough right now. We handled Liberty pretty good with the same offense. Grant it, Liberty wasn’t playing great the first game of the year, but they have got better, which makes them a quality win. Lastly remember, with this same schedule Huffman was 3-2 at this point in the season and we posted a 3-2 in district record. We will see! 

“ Welcome to Huffman Texas “

we we are excited to host a championship style ballgame!

Absolutely, the Falcons have breezed through.  Since Liberty, this’ll be their first test.  And Ltown hasn’t had but one, the defeat to Silsbee.  This’ll be one game I’ll be checking frequently on the board tonight.   I may be wrong (usually am lol), but think this is going to be a good one, and certainly has DC & playoff significance.  Hope it’s injury free, and Refs use their flags sparingly.