Who would you like for SETXSports to broadcast

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, it's  all good, but the problem I believe is sponsorships.  $$$$.  

Soulja's right.  It is an issue.  And some school districts are harder than others to get that sponsorship.  So that is why it is incumbent that if you want to have your team broadcast, then you speak up now to give us time to get it. Otherwise, there is no indication now that they'll receive any support to warrant businesses to sponsor. 

Of course, we will have our standards as we will have Newton Eagle Football and Silsbee Tiger Football.  There are also other teams that are committed to radio stations (WO-S, LC-M, Orangefield, Bridge City to KOGT; Nederland to KLVI; PN-G to Cool 92).

But if the support is enough, all other options are open.

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

(WO-S, LC-M, Orangefield, Bridge City to KOGT

This brings up another question. At one point KOGT was doing dual broadcast. One on radio and one on internet station. But I don't think they still do. If KOGT decided to broadcast the OF vs BC game(lol). Could this site broadcast the WOS game? Or is it a contract issue?

8 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This brings up another question. At one point KOGT was doing dual broadcast. One on radio and one on internet station. But I don't think they still do. If KOGT decided to broadcast the OF vs BC game(lol). Could this site broadcast the WOS game? Or is it a contract issue?

I remember that.  But remember even we he did it, he did it very infrequently and hasn't done that since Harvey.

The difficulty would be on a couple of fronts even if there is no official agreement between the school and KOGT.  First, we are partners with Gary Stelly and KOGT and don't want to appear to be poaching the schools he broadcasts even if he is not carrying their game that particular week.  So, while we could explore that and that decision is ultimately not mine, I would certainly want Gary consulted before we go down that road. 

Second, after district play begins, the KOGT schedule is quite fluid.  At that point, aside from the BC/LC-M game, is usually decided on how game the big is for a particular school.

20 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Soulja's right.  It is an issue.  And some school districts are harder than others to get that sponsorship.  So that is why it is encumbant that if you want to have your team broadcast, then you speak up now to give us time to get it. Otherwise, there is no indication now that they'll receive any support to warrant businesses to sponsor. 

Of course, we will have our standards as we will have Newton Eagle Football and Silsbee Tiger Football.  There are also other teams that are committed to radio stations (WO-S, LC-M, Orangefield, Bridge City to KOGT; Nederland to KLVI; PN-G to Cool 92).

But if the support is enough, all other options are open.

Did Lumberton drop out this year?