Trump says DHS Secretary Nielsen leaving

Bobcat1

5 hours ago, VeryStableEnlightenedOne said:

Wasn’t she Trumps pick? Lol the massive turnover in his administration speaks volumes 

So, as an employer, you would keep someone in their position when they are not doing the job that is required? Not a good business move on your part, but what else is new?

At least she is not leaving due to possible criminal reasons.

34 minutes ago, VeryStableEnlightenedOne said:

Why does Trump keep hiring/firing people who apparently can’t do the job? He’s either 1) doing a terrible job of picking candidates or 2) a terrible boss

Why ask me? I think it is akin to free agency in football. You are a great player and all that, but we feel the need to make a change. Good luck to you and your new team, here is your replacement. He plays the position in a different way that appeals to us and you are expendable. How’s that?

2 hours ago, VeryStableEnlightenedOne said:

Why does Trump keep hiring/firing people who apparently can’t do the job? He’s either 1) doing a terrible job of picking candidates or 2) a terrible boss

Since you claim to be a big basketball guy, let me give you an analogy.  Doc Rivers, of the LA Clippers has traded three All Star Players ( Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, and DeAndre Jordan) while at the helm.  He got no big name players in return.  The Clippers are having one of their best years in recent history.  Does this mean " He's either 1) doing a terrible job of picking players or 2) a terrible boss"?

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Why ask me? I think it is akin to free agency in football. You are a great player and all that, but we feel the need to make a change. Good luck to you and your new team, here is your replacement. He plays the position in a different way that appeals to us and you are expendable. How’s that?

That can apply to a game or even a business. We're talking about our national security where I would think stability and confidence is essential. The appearance oF instability in our nation security could be an invitation for challengers.   JMO

59 minutes ago, mat said:

That can apply to a game or even a business. We're talking about our national security where I would think stability and confidence is essential. The appearance oF instability in our nation security could be an invitation for challengers.   JMO

What’s the difference? If you think I take the situation at the border lightly, you couldn’t be more wrong. I don’t see it as instability, simply a changing of the guard. She was totally inundated by the caravans of invaders. Trump needs someone with a little more bite.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Don't you think that the fact that the dems-repubs can't come to any sort of agreement is a much larger "invitation" and indicates more instability than changing the dept head?

Absolutely 100%. Furthermore, while I appreciate Trump's willingness to stand up to opposition it bothers me that he doesn't always back it up which shows he will play the bluff card.   

1 hour ago, baddog said:

What’s the difference? If you think I take the situation at the border lightly, you couldn’t be more wrong. I don’t see it as instability, simply a changing of the guard. She was totally inundated by the caravans of invaders. Trump needs someone with a little more bite.

I don't disagree with you, however she was his appointee. With the carousel of staff/cabinet the selection pool is dwindling and some of your most qualified won't even consider taking the plunge knowing it could be career assassination. 

36 minutes ago, mat said:

I don't disagree with you, however she was his appointee. With the carousel of staff/cabinet the selection pool is dwindling and some of your most qualified won't even consider taking the plunge knowing it could be career assassination. 

Lots of people come with good credentials, but when asked to perform in the big game, they fall flat on their face. I don’t blame Trump as much as I do two-faced politicians for the turnstile of appointees..... this not being the case. Hard to find that ripe apple in a barrel full of spoiled ones.

Let’s see what this guy can do. Coming from ICE, I think we will see a change for the better.

5 minutes ago, VeryStableEnlightenedOne said:

One of the few voices of reason. 

This place is a massive echo chamber otherwise. You guys live in your own little tiny bubble.

6 minutes ago, VeryStableEnlightenedOne said:

One of the few voices of reason. 

This place is a massive echo chamber otherwise. You guys live in your own little tiny bubble.

Then why invade that bubble?  Why not let we ignorant unenlightened pawns go about our business?  After all, isn't  it your party that screams for tolerance, mutual respect, and civility?

1 hour ago, VeryStableEnlightenedOne said:

I was bored one day and for whatever reason decided to visit this place again.

With that said - I’ll step down from here and post occasionally. Can find much better uses of my time than “debate” politics with some of you Trump stans.

That’s it.  Sure, go hide, and throw away the great opportunity to learn.  You get on here, surrounded by some of the best minds in the country, and instead of learning, you fight it.  You’re like the kid who says, A, B, C, E - the teacher keeps telling you it’s D, but some Loon told you it’s E, so you ignore the teacher and believe the Loon.  We keep throwing the truth at you, and you keep ignoring it.  Stop fighting the truth.  Embrace it.  

Remember this:  Truth sounds like hate, to those who hate the truth.  Join the good guys.