*ASTROS VS. CARDS OFFICAL GAME SERIES THREAD*

Guest coachhooker

i give up on them that 9th was gross on 3 out of the 4 news channels the astros high lite was about 12 secs and the kingwood cy fair got about 30 secs

I have to disagree with you on that one.  During the astros 10 game losing streak they were averaging 2 runs a game.  Oswalt hasnt won in his last 4 decisions and hes pitched well.  I know our relievers have blown the last 2 games, but yesterdays game we had scored 1 run into the 9th inning and shouldnt have been in that situation.  You cant use the sample size of the last 2 days and say the problem is pitching.  How often do Wheeler and Qualls blow back to back games like that? almost never.  The trend you saw in both games was yesterday, Garner trying to stretch Qualls for 2 innings, and today the same for Wheeler and they gave up their runs in their 2nd inning of work.  Qualls had worked hard yesterday for an inning and shouldnt have come out in the 9th.  I know we could 2nd guess Garner all day on that but our relievers are fine.  I'll take Qualls, Wheeler, Lidge over most teams, i dont think you could name 5 teams with a better threesome than that.  I promise you if we averaged 5-6 runs a game that with our current pitching we'd be over .500 easily.  So i guess what i'm saying is your accessment is wrong, its our hitting.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami