*BRIDGE CITY 6 CARTHAGE 2 FINAL/GAME 1*

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in from the game..........whoot.........whoot the CARDS put the dogs out!!

Rollins is still wondering what he ran into..............a BC chainsaw!!!

Just one error in the game(besides the passed ball) on Carthage.

Congrats to the Cards........enjoy the first one and get ready for the second one!!

edited to add:  Stringer put the dagger in them with his pitching, no emotion just good pitches, easy to say he outpitched Rollins tonight.........Congrats.

Guest coachhooker

Congrats BC and once again Stringer comes up big proving he might be one of the better big game pitchers in the state

This was a great playoff game.  Both teams filled the stands (it was a sea of red) and both teams threw their ace.  It was well played (1 error, late, on Carthage) and 2 big HRs by Dishon.  Stringer threw well and got some very good defensive help, esp. a 4-6-3 DP when Carthage loaded the bases.  BC swung it well against Rollins.  Carthage can swing it too...should be intense on Sat....

Of course everyone is impressed with Dishon and Stringer and for good reason, they came up big when their team needed them to and that is what you expect out of your seniors. Two unsung heroes in the game were freshmen Joe Robertson and Matt Hicks.

Both made great plays  in the field and helped keep the Bulldogs from doing anymore damage. Hicks' play at short keeping a ball in the infield using his arm basically and then flipping to second for the first out in the seventh was huge. Good job freshmen, you made your presence known in a way that will not show up in any box score.

Congrats to all the Cards but don't get satisified, Carthage will be ready on Saturday.

stringer 12 strike outs..pitched out of jams all night, scattered 7 hits and 7 walks (including 3 hit batsmen) only 2 runs that is an awesome job..Defense played very well..SS Hicks made a play that would make ANY ESPN highlight film...

I tuned in to the game when BC was up 3-1. I was supprised but very pleased. It sounds like the Cards had a supurb outing. I am very proud of them. A lot of teams may not have played as well just because they were going against the #1 team and they were undefeated. These two teams do seem to be equally matched in my opinion. Good pitching, hitting, and defense. I am sure Meeks will pitch on Saturday for BC. He is capable of winning. Especially since they know they can beat Cartridge. Their confidence will remain high. Carthridge's #2 pitcher is supposed to be good also. It will be another good game. If it goes to a third game does anyone know if Matt Hicks can pitch and how good is the third pitcher for Carthridge?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder