Barbers Hill 2007

Well everyone else is posting one so why not me  ;D

This will defenitly be a "rebuilding year" for the eagles after loosing so many 2 and 3 year starters to graduation! 1st team Joe Sexton at LB will be the leader on defense as he will see alot of new faces. Chris Bradshaw will lead the team at QB (I assume) as he will be surrounded by new faces in the backfield. All in all BH has a pretty strong underclass to help fill the holes that graduation will leave behind. BH also has to replace the OC as he has moved on!!! It's going to be interesting to see how this new group molds into a team ,but I have know doubt they will be competitive. Can't wait to see who developes and become the new stars at BH!!

I look for BH to have a 7-3/ 6-4 year squeeking into the playoffs in the 3rd spot.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in 100 days we will find out!  We always seem to have low expectations coming in, but the kids intensity and spirit, along with very good conditioning and coaching keeps us right in the mix.  Lot of personnel questions for sure.  I think  defense will be tough, but offensively we lost a lot of weapons.  Could see Sexton running the ball some!

Well, in 100 days we will find out!  We always seem to have low expectations coming in, but the kids intensity and spirit, along with very good conditioning and coaching keeps us right in the mix.  Lot of personnel questions for sure.  I think  defense will be tough, but offensively we lost a lot of weapons.  Could see Sexton running the ball some!

Sexton running the ball would be something to see!!!!! The coaches will have the Eagle ready to play ball and like every year new stars will emerge!!!

Guest etbu

BH has a very strong 8th, 9th grade bunch coming up that will rival the class of 2007. Seems like they always get the most out of their kids and that is a reflection of the type of parents that live in BH.

Guest etbu

Hey ETBU......are you a graduate of there.....what year??????   I am headed back up there to coach next year in the football program and am very excited.....

Yes I did in the GREAT YEAR OF 1983..............  That was back in the day when they scholarship kids. The D-III is ok but wish they would go DII and start offering kids schoalrships. Good luck to  you and a great skewl.

BH has a very strong 8th, 9th grade bunch coming up that will rival the class of 2007. Seems like they always get the most out of their kids and that is a reflection of the type of parents that live in BH.

Would like to add...

The 7th grade bunch is the best of BH has had in a long time...

Dayton's 8th graders didn't have much trouble with BH in football, but the 7th grade games were much closer.  There are some quality athletes in that 7th grade bunch.  The key for BH is to build on the success of the talent loaded senior bunch that just graduated.  Tradition is more than packing the stands it is the desire and will of the athletes replacing their peers to succeed even more than they did.  If this will and desire is strong enough, you can go a long way without as much talent.  The coaches at BH should use the success of the great group of athletes that just graduated to motivate their next bunch.  I strongly think BH will be a contender in their district and.... to make the playoffs.

Guest ECBucFan

Ummm, no. Even though I hail from the poor side of the county (see last post on previous page), I am gainfully employed, thank you.

I was just making casual conversation when I asked about your coach.

I like BH's chances in '07. Sexton is a 3 year starter and a definite leader of the Def. Losing Swart and Cox will hurt but BH is keeping some gametime experience at LB and in the secondary.  Offensivly, Im guessing Bradshaw will be QB behind a young but bigger O-Line from what I hear.  Fisher and the Pattons will be missed but there are some speedy guys coming up this year. Andrew Little will be RB and play some Def. secondary. I know Joe, Andrew, and the rest are working hard and really hitting the weights and running. We're gonna miss all the guys we've enjoyed watching for a few years now, but I think this group will do fine. 

• 1 month later...

Hey 34 dad how many of the kids that you mentioned to step up  were on varsity last year? How did they do in the summer league in Kingwood?

I like BH's chances in '07. Sexton is a 3 year starter and a definite leader of the Def. Losing Swart and Cox will hurt but BH is keeping some gametime experience at LB and in the secondary.  Offensivly, Im guessing Bradshaw will be QB behind a young but bigger O-Line from what I hear.  Fisher and the Pattons will be missed but there are some speedy guys coming up this year. Andrew Little will be RB and play some Def. secondary. I know Joe, Andrew, and the rest are working hard and really hitting the weights and running. We're gonna miss all the guys we've enjoyed watching for a few years now, but I think this group will do fine.   

BH will compete, they always do. I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch over in that district. The rest of the teams better look out.

I agree and I watched the Crosby spring game and many of the teams will have issues with the speed of Crosby. After Crosby it is wide  open but New Caney should be pretty good.

Hey 34 dad how many of the kids that you mentioned to step up  were on varsity last year? How did they do in the summer league in Kingwood?

I counted a week or so ago and I believe it was 11 or 12 players that started or got significant varsity playing time last year will be returning. 2 of those, LB-Sexton and SS/RB Little are entering their 3rd year on Varsity. and the rest are 2nd year. I didnt see the JV play much last year so I can only go by what I'm told on the kids moving up. I hear that there is more size in the O Linemen that will fill some spots. QB Carmona did well in 7 on 7 i hear and I'm speculating he will start at that position unless the coaches feel Bradshaws experience will better suit the team. Only time will tell I guess, but I'm certain Coach Price and staff will have them well prepared whomever plays where. Bronco1 is right...BH will compete thats for sure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami