Dayton vs. BH... Enough already

You people from BH have got to be ashamed. I know thousands of poeple from BH and Dayton and most all of them are respectable and very hard working. Usually the athletes from BH are hard working and honorable. Whoever you idiots are that get on this website and talk trash about kids are complete morons..!!!!

Nobody from Dayton cheated you, nobody from Dayton gives a Sh*t how much money you have, and nobody from Dayton deserves you badmouthing their kids.

For that matter... Nobody from BH deserves to have their kids badmouthed on this, or any, website either.

Athletics are about KIDS, not you freakin' wanna be athletes that are trying to live your lives through the successes of your kids or athletes of your schools. If any of you have ever played sports you would know that sometimes stuff happens and you get hosed on a call or event. And you know what... sometimes you do something wrong and it DOESN'T get called...!!!

I have the utmost respect for BOTH programs : Dayton and BH. I think people should use this website for talking about things that really matter in sports : accomplishments, awards, information sharing... NOT pissin' and moaning and badmouthing kids.

Like I said before... MOST people from BH and Dayton are very competitve and honorable people. If I was a parent or someone from BH... I would be ashamed of the idiots that are representing ya'll on this website... "What goes around, comes around" What an idiot!!!

I appreciate your post Football Freak.  I agree with everything you said.

I am one of the Dayton runners mom....the one that stepped out of his lane in the 2nd curve!.....I am apalled at the horrible things being said.  I tried so hard not to read them, but made the mistake and did.  I am a middle school teacher and spend every day trying to 'build up' kids and encourage them...even when they make mistakes.  It is hard for me to imagine that people can be as mean and hateful as they are.

I have MANY dear friends from BH and it saddens me that there is such conflict between the schools/communities.  We both need to 'move on'. My child is not perfect....none of us are.....but some of the things being said are ridiculous.  Let's remember that these are 15-18 year old young men.....things are said and done 'in the heat of battle'....emotions run high.

The following is an email I sent out to family and friends about our weekend.  Please read it and let's put an end to all the hatred.

I'm sure most of you have already heard, but I wanted to give you an update on the State Track Meet.

P.J. McGowen won a Gold Medal by clearing 6'10" in the High Jump.   We are so very proud of him.

The Mile Relay ran a time of 3:18 and finished 4th however Dayton was disqualified because we had a lane violation.  Apparantly FORD crossed into lane 3 in the second curve while running the 1st leg. 

It was very upsetting for the team and as you know Ford is very hard on himself.  He held his composure very well at the track.  I was proud of him.  His coaches and teammates are awesome and have done nothing but support him and tell him that they know he was giving it his best.  I can't begin to tell you how much that support means not only to Ford but to me and Jim as well.  These young men are amazing.

We were able to take these boys to San Antonio on Saturday and go to SeaWorld.  They had a blast.  Only Ford had been there before and Kim, Quinn and I had so much fun watching the boys interact and have such a great time.  The bonds and friendships these 5 boys have made will stay with them their entire lives.  We all made a pact to return in 10 years for a reunion at SeaWorld!  We continually heard statements such as "I will remember this my entire life.", "I've never felt more like a family",  "I don't want this weekend to end".  I have never been hugged and thanked by anyone more in my life! 

Many of you have called to see how Ford 'is doing'.  He is okay.  He's tough.  He had a very rough night on Friday and I know this is something he will never forget.  But like the saying goes....S*** Happens.  I am crying now as I type this.....I will NEVER forget the comforting hugs, words, actions of Coach Wood and Coach Nations and P.J. Joe, K.J. and Greg.  This group is truly a family.

When you hear negative things said by others, mainly on Setxsports (I tried my best not to read it, but couldn't resist) and our neighbors to our south........please know that the results of the track meet were upsetting, but something far better came from this.  A bond of 5 boys, their wonderful coaches and families is stronger than anything negative that can be said by others.

Thanks for all your support,

Peggy

Guest distancerunner10

i think all of those kids are great athletes...is ford a junior? he will come back stronger than ever...my cousin at the state meet dropped the baton at the begining of the 3rd leg and they were in 2nd place in the 1a mile relay..i imagine he felt horrible and im sure ford did to but he will do great next year and i look forward to competing with him next year

I appreciate your post Football Freak.  I agree with everything you said.

I am one of the Dayton runners mom....the one that stepped out of his lane in the 2nd curve!.....I am apalled at the horrible things being said.  I tried so hard not to read them, but made the mistake and did.  I am a middle school teacher and spend every day trying to 'build up' kids and encourage them...even when they make mistakes.  It is hard for me to imagine that people can be as mean and hateful as they are.

I have MANY dear friends from BH and it saddens me that there is such conflict between the schools/communities.  We both need to 'move on'. My child is not perfect....none of us are.....but some of the things being said are ridiculous.  Let's remember that these are 15-18 year old young men.....things are said and done 'in the heat of battle'....emotions run high.

The following is an email I sent out to family and friends about our weekend.  Please read it and let's put an end to all the hatred.

I'm sure most of you have already heard, but I wanted to give you an update on the State Track Meet.

P.J. McGowen won a Gold Medal by clearing 6'10" in the High Jump.   We are so very proud of him.

The Mile Relay ran a time of 3:18 and finished 4th however Dayton was disqualified because we had a lane violation.  Apparantly FORD crossed into lane 3 in the second curve while running the 1st leg. 

It was very upsetting for the team and as you know Ford is very hard on himself.  He held his composure very well at the track.  I was proud of him.  His coaches and teammates are awesome and have done nothing but support him and tell him that they know he was giving it his best.  I can't begin to tell you how much that support means not only to Ford but to me and Jim as well.  These young men are amazing.

We were able to take these boys to San Antonio on Saturday and go to SeaWorld.  They had a blast.  Only Ford had been there before and Kim, Quinn and I had so much fun watching the boys interact and have such a great time.  The bonds and friendships these 5 boys have made will stay with them their entire lives.  We all made a pact to return in 10 years for a reunion at SeaWorld!  We continually heard statements such as "I will remember this my entire life.", "I've never felt more like a family",  "I don't want this weekend to end".  I have never been hugged and thanked by anyone more in my life! 

Many of you have called to see how Ford 'is doing'.  He is okay.  He's tough.  He had a very rough night on Friday and I know this is something he will never forget.  But like the saying goes....S*** Happens.  I am crying now as I type this.....I will NEVER forget the comforting hugs, words, actions of Coach Wood and Coach Nations and P.J. Joe, K.J. and Greg.  This group is truly a family.

When you hear negative things said by others, mainly on Setxsports (I tried my best not to read it, but couldn't resist) and our neighbors to our south........please know that the results of the track meet were upsetting, but something far better came from this.  A bond of 5 boys, their wonderful coaches and families is stronger than anything negative that can be said by others.

Thanks for all your support,

Peggy

Very well said.

I think people forget these are just kids or not, others just like to stir the pot.

These young men have nothing to be ashamed about, this setback will only make them stronger in the future and in life.

Very well said MOM.

These are kids who compete and bust their butts day in and day out.  They do look at this site and many do not post responses, but you can't tell me that they are not affected in one way or another by the negative posts on here.  There is a difference when mistakes are made and when a kid is making the choice to screw up. 

As for Dayton, I said in a previous post...do not hang your heads because there is nothing to be ashamed of.  You finished as the 8th best team in the state of Texas which is an AWESOME ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!  :D

To the BH (or whoever) posters who posted the "yeah they lost"...shame on you and if you have kids or not...grow up and be more sensitive to a group of kids who did a great job this year.  I do feel for the BH kids who caught the unlucky break that they did at Regionals.  :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami