Top ten greatest shooters in college hoops history

Top ten greatest shooters in college hoops history

This show is on cbs right now. It has been very good. The list is really good and I dont know if I would change it one bit.

10. Glen Rice

9.Bill Bradley

8. Austin Carr

7. Chris Mullin

6. Steve Alford

5. Oscar Robertson

4. Jerry West

3. J.J. Redick

2. The Pistol nuff said

1. Larry Bird

wouldnt classify him as a great shooter, a great athlete who plays basketball yes but not a great shooter.  if you're talking just shooter AJ Abrams is a better "shooter" than KD is, KD is a better "scorer" than Abrams.  but neither of them belong on a top 10 shooter list.  The best "shooters" I can remember from UT would be Reggie Freeman back when Penders was in Austin, and then the old BMW crew in the early 1990s Lance Blanks, Travis Mays and Joey Wright.

Hey DenisGScott, Here's one for you. Former UT Longhorn Jim Krivacs!! I used to love watching this guy play,he could shoot the lights out!!! He played in the late 70's. He is know a big time sports agent. He was one of the all time Indiana HS. greats.He is not one of the 10 best ever,but when he was hot he could score from anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few others that should have gotten consideration, too:

Alex Dillard (Arkansas)-Was on the team that had Williamson, Scotty Thurman, etc. that won the title in '94 and had GREAT NBA-type range.

Curtis Staples (Virginia)- DEADLY from 3. Every bit the shooter Redick was.

Erik Piatkowski (Nebraska)- Prolific 3-point shooter for the Huskers that made his career in the NBA with that jumper.

Fred Hoiberg (Iowa State)- See above

Tommy Sewell (LAMAR)- Great perimeter shooter for the Cards in the early 80's prior to the 3-point era. Drafted in either the first or second round by the 76ers in 1984. Was on one of Pat Foster's last teams and I would argue that was the beginning of the end of Lamar's glory days that would end during Tom Abatemarco's reign as coach.

I think Bird was the best shooter and player in college and pros. As a player, Magic is right there, but Bird was the better shooter. Just because Magic beat Bird for the national title doesn't mean he is a better shooter.

JJ Reddick is the best all time 3 point shooter.

I think Lamar's Mike Oliver scored the most points in the nation one year. Not sure where he ranks on the career points list

Guest DickVitale

1. J.J. Redick - Duke 06'

2. Lee Mayberry - Arkansas 91'

3. Mike Dunleavy - Duke 01'

4. Trajan Langdon - Duke 00'

5. Donald Williams - North Carolina 93'

6. Steve Alford - Indiana 87'

7. Alex Dillard - Arkansas 94'

8. Gerry McNamara - Syracuse 06'

9. Anderson Hunt - UNLV 91'

10. Pete Maravich - LSU 74'

Honorable Mention - Chris Collins - Duke 94', Shawn Respert - Michigan St. 96', Scotty Thurman - Arkansas 94', Brandy Perryman - Texas 96', Daniel Gibson - Texas 06', Richard Hamilton - UConn 99', Eric Floyd - Georgetown 84', Bobby Hurley - Duke 92', Dennis Scott - Georgia Tech 90'

THAT'S A LIST!!! ;)

nice effort but how do you put Pistol Pete at #10 behind JJ Redick, Mayberry could stroke it him and Todd Day both for Arky.  Dennis Scott is good one, and Glen Rice in his Michigan days.  Or Chris Jackson in his LSU days.  Mookie Blaylock and Tim McAlister from Oklahoma circa late 80s.

Guest DickVitale

BIG OOPS....Glen Rice....How could I leave him off... :o...Good call!  My bad...As for Chris Jackson, I did not list the MOST shots ever taken, I wanted BEST shooters!! LOL ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder