Who do you think will be 21-3a Champs for 07?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOS and Silsbee will battle for the district title

Like to see Jasper sneak into 3rd

KVille way overrated

Sorry SVille Yellow Jackets I can't agree with you about KVille being overrated. I saw them play Newton last year in a scrimmage and was very impressed with them. They had a very good season last year and have most all of their players back. I know WOS has a good team, good coaching, good athletes, etc, etc,... but if Kirbyville will ever beat WOS this will be the year. I'm not saying that it will happen but at this point of the off season I think Kirbyville is the real deal. I guess we will see how they do when they scrimmage Newton again this year. Newton is supposed to be awsome so we will see.

Sorry SVille Yellow Jackets I can't agree with you about KVille being overrated. I saw them play Newton last year in a scrimmage and was very impressed with them. They had a very good season last year and have most all of their players back. I know WOS has a good team, good coaching, good athletes, etc, etc,... but if Kirbyville will ever beat WOS this will be the year. I'm not saying that it will happen but at this point of the off season I think Kirbyville is the real deal. I guess we will see how they do when they scrimmage Newton again this year. Newton is supposed to be awsome so we will see.

There is a difference between a scrimmage and the real deal

There is a difference between a scrimmage and the real deal

Of course there is SVille. All I said is that they are going to be good this year and I do not think they are over rated. PNG beat WOS in a scrimmage the year that WOS won state. I know there is a difference. That is just like saying that "we won district on JV so we will win district next year on the varsity". Just because a team has a good JV does not mean that they will be as good against another teams varsity. And again the same goes for scrimmages. Scrimmages are designed to find out your team's weaknesses and try to improve them. In a game situation the strategy would be totally different than that of a scrimmage. I saw KVille scrimmage Newton. They were good. They did have a good season last year. They will have a lot of returning starters from last years team. On paper they should be good. Like I said in my other post we will see when the season starts. I doubt you have even saw KVille scrimmage or play in even one game last year. So you are certaililly entitled to your opinion but I do not think you are looking at all the facts.

Of course there is SVille. All I said is that they are going to be good this year and I do not think they are over rated. PNG beat WOS in a scrimmage the year that WOS won state. I know there is a difference. That is just like saying that "we won district on JV so we will win district next year on the varsity". Just because a team has a good JV does not mean that they will be as good against another teams varsity. And again the same goes for scrimmages. Scrimmages are designed to find out your team's weaknesses are and try to improve them. In a game situation the strategy would be totally different than that of a scrimmage. I saw KVille scrimmage Newton. They were good. They did have a good season last year. They will have a lot of returning starters from last years team. On paper they should be good. Like I said in my other post we will see when the season starts. I doubt you have even saw KVille scrimmage or play in even one game last year. So you are certaililly entitled to your opinion but I do not think you are looking at all the facts.

Well, I saw both Kirbyville and Newton play last year. I saw them both play Silsbee in real games, not scrimmages. They both lost to Silsbee, Kirbyville 42-32, Newton 27-23, but I was more impressed with Newton than I was with Kirbyville. Silsbee actually led Kirbyville at one time by more than 3 td's, the Tigers got a little relaxed in the 4th and Kirbyville scored a couple of late td's to make it respectable. The Newton game on the other hand was back and forth. Silsbee scored with 2 minutes left to go ahead 27-23 and then held off Newton to preserve the win.

Kirbyville will be good, no doubt. But I am predicting my Tigers to beat them, just like they always do.

Of course there is SVille. All I said is that they are going to be good this year and I do not think they are over rated. PNG beat WOS in a scrimmage the year that WOS won state. I know there is a difference. That is just like saying that "we won district on JV so we will win district next year on the varsity". Just because a team has a good JV does not mean that they will be as good against another teams varsity. And again the same goes for scrimmages. Scrimmages are designed to find out your team's weaknesses and try to improve them. In a game situation the strategy would be totally different than that of a scrimmage. I saw KVille scrimmage Newton. They were good. They did have a good season last year. They will have a lot of returning starters from last years team. On paper they should be good. Like I said in my other post we will see when the season starts. I doubt you have even saw KVille scrimmage or play in even one game last year. So you are certaililly entitled to your opinion but I do not think you are looking at all the facts.

Actually I have seen KVille play and saw them play in the playoffs last year in Conroe, I know they do not play smart football and they rely to much on their trick plays, other teams are starting to adjust to those trick plays.

What does Silsbee have coming back? I thought they were awsome last year. It looked like the score against Bridge City was closser than the game was and that wasn't very close either. I did not even go to see BC play Kirbyville. I knew that BC would not be able to beat them although they did play them pretty well I heard. I know that KVille will be loaded with starters as well as Jasper. I know Jasper fans are excited because of the new coach they hired but Jasper was pretty low last year so I do not know how good they will be. BC has a new coach that is supposed to be real good. However, there are hardly no starters coming back and there are other problems with and investigation of steroid use with at least one of the players. It will take, in my opinion, at least one year to get all the kniks ironed out and to get a new system down. I am ready for football.

Guest ST4life

What does Silsbee have coming back? I thought they were awsome last year. It looked like the score against Bridge City was closser than the game was and that wasn't very close either. I did not even go to see BC play Kirbyville. I knew that BC would not be able to beat them although they did play them pretty well I heard. I know that KVille will be loaded with starters as well as Jasper. I know Jasper fans are excited because of the new coach they hired but Jasper was pretty low last year so I do not know how good they will be. BC has a new coach that is supposed to be real good. However, there are hardly no starters coming back and there are other problems with and investigation of steroid use with at least one of the players. It will take, in my opinion, at least one year to get all the kniks ironed out and to get a new system down. I am ready for football.

Silsbee as always has size on the line and fair speed at the quaterback and running back posistions but the best thing will be the WR that is what to expect comming back

Guest ST4life

Deshotel QB (made "names to know in 3a" in Texas Football Magazine)

Hansen LB

Thomas LB

Flowers K

Daniel LB  (made "names to know in 3a" in Texas Football Magazine)

Burrell RB-DB

Leger OL-DL

Sanders OL-DL

Garrison QB-DB

Boles OL-LB

McCown FB

Willis OL-DL

Ramirez OL-DL

Means WR-DB

McFarland RB-LB

JOSH TATE (TATER) position-all around stud

just a few that have had a VERY PRODUCTIVE off-season

That does not give me anough reason to believe that they will be in the race for the playoffs

As for WO-S barely beating Silsbee last year...it doesn't matter if we won by ONE point or NINETY-NINE...a win is a win.  If we were having an off-night, we dug within ourselves and did what was necessary to win.  That's all that matters.

As for this year, it will be interesting.  We do have a lot of talent, so time will tell how it will all mesh together.  As I stated on a previous thread, if the Mustangs play with a T-E-A-M mentality, they will do fine.

And, if nothing changes with the OC, that doesn't damn the Mustangs.  For the people who keep chaining the 'Stangs up and sinking them in the ocean...are you a coach?  If not...why not?  If so, can you do better and have you applied for the job? 8)

Guest wos country

As for WO-S barely beating Silsbee last year...it doesn't matter if we won by ONE point or NINETY-NINE...a win is a win.  If we were having an off-night, we dug within ourselves and did what was necessary to win.  That's all that matters.

As for this year, it will be interesting.  We do have a lot of talent, so time will tell how it will all mesh together.  As I stated on a previous thread, if the Mustangs play with a T-E-A-M mentality, they will do fine.

And, if nothing changes with the OC, that doesn't dang the Mustangs.  For the people who keep chaining the 'Stangs up and sinking them in the ocean...are you a coach?  If not...why not?  If so, can you do better and have you applied for the job? 8)

95% of the fans in the stands feel that way! They will apply if necessary.

Planning on staying home Friday nights, huh wos08? 

With that attitude...hopefully!!!  We don't need that on the field, sidelines, or in the stands.

Apparently you cannot read either.

Thanks for trying though, come back later.

I fail to see how i am related to that guys post.

By the way, let me know if i need to break down my last reply to you.. It doesn't seem like you are the brightest

Ha...now that's funny.  My point is that everything that you post on here is negative in some way and while losing Tobe hurts and the current coaching positions are holding, these players do have some impact on what happens.  We won games before Tobe and we will win games now. 

As for 95% of the fans in the stands feeling that way...only air and opportunity are stopping any of those who are "qualified" from applying.  I have never said that I don't agree with some of the posts and opinions concerning the coaching staff, but I also know that I couldn't do any better.

Guest Bridge City Card

Normally i would (and who wouldn't) pick WOS as District champs. But from what i saw last year in big games from the stands in the Giddings games and that play calling now way i can pick them this year with a young team.

1. Silsbee

2. Kirbyville

3. WOS/Jasper

Normally i would (and who wouldn't) pick WOS as District champs. But from what i saw last year in big games from the stands in the Giddings games and that play calling now way i can pick them this year with a young team.

1. Silsbee

2. Kirbyville

3. WOS/Jasper

Ok that is just ridiculous...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder