Who do you think will be 21-3a Champs for 07?

Guest Bridge City Card

Did you see the Giddings game from the stands like i did? Inside the 1 and the plays called were sweeps and pitches ???

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally i would (and who wouldn't) pick WOS as District champs. But from what i saw last year in big games from the stands in the Giddings games and that play calling now way i can pick them this year with a young team.

1. Silsbee

2. Kirbyville

3. WOS/Jasper

That play calling has been in place since 99. In 2000, we took a young team to the 4A state finals and finished 15-1. Big games? Wasn't the Dayton game a big game? We won it 26-9. We beat Kirbyville 46-16. We also beat Liberty, a team that BC struggled against, by 60 on that same playcalling.

Yes, the dude needs to go, but despite his best efforts to doom us, we continue to succeed.

Guest wos country

That play calling has been in place since 99. In 2000, we took a young team to the 4A state finals and finished 15-1. Big games? Wasn't the Dayton game a big game? We won it 26-9. We beat Kirbyville 46-16. We also beat Liberty, a team that BC struggled against, by 60 on that same playcalling.

Yes, the dude needs to go, but despite his best efforts to doom us, we continue to succeed.

True, but think if Toby would (and should) have been calling the plays!

saying bc struggled against liberty and then stating how badly you beat them doesnt mean anything...with the injuries that we had to even START the season we struggled with everyone on our schedule...not to mention all the mental mistakes we made with that being the first of the season...and when you played them it was your eleventh

not to mention all the mental mistakes we made with that being the first of the season...and when you played them it was your eleventh

Were they not also Liberty's first and (respectively) eleventh games? I'm just saying that despite lousy playcalling, we manhandled a team that you guys slipped by. For the better part of a decade, we've managed to overcome lousy offensive playcalling with strong defense and sheer physical talent. The talent, although young, will still be there. Yes, we'll have a first-year QB. We also had a first-year QB last year (Bevil) - and the year before (Beasley). The youngster stepping in was 9-0 as a sophomore last year at the helm of the JV and led one of the only two teams in the 7 on 7 state tournament to score more than 40 points in every tournament or pool play game. We also have a great receiver and one of the top RBs in the area coming back at the skill positions.

I think we'll be fine.

Injuries?  Early in the season?  Mental mistakes? 

WOW...I'm glad that someone told me that these were factors in teams' seasons.  I was REALLY under the impression that these never happen to anyone.  Whew....

Anyway...We all agree that the playcalling could use some TWEAKING, but in district...those plays have served WO-S well.  Hopefully, some things can be learned from mistakes made in the past and if they are not...I just don't know...

Why were you in our stands and not watching BC? ???

Guest wos country

Injuries?  Early in the season?  Mental mistakes? 

WOW...I'm glad that someone told me that these were factors in teams' seasons.  I was REALLY under the impression that these never happen to anyone.  Whew....

Anyway...We all agree that the playcalling could use some TWEAKING, but in district...those plays have served WO-S well.  Hopefully, some things can be learned from mistakes made in the past and if they are not...I just don't know...

Why were you in our stands and not watching BC? ???

:D At least your finally saying "tweaking" the play calling. I'm expecting a "overall" on play calling if it doesn't improve this year, which it won't.

yea...i should have known if i said anything in this thread the wo-s faithful would be all over me.  so...here i go again, yes we had about three guys injured going into week zero, one being a pretty important piece...basically who we lived and died by.  none of what i said was an excuse..i was just saying, we struggled w/ everyone on our schedule, when you start injured and stay that way, and are not conditioned well (which is why im glad we have someone like coach stump to clean some of the mess up here), you're going to struggle. thats it, i wasnt tryin to dodge around why we werent top noch with all these excuses...like we cant stop anyone because our shoes were on too loose or something, please im not that immature

you try to make it out like everything i say is trying to belittle what you did, im not, you guys reload every year and honestly like everyone else on this board, whether they want to admit it or not, im jealous lol i wish we had that kind of talent year in and year out in bc.

and i never said anything about playcalling/coordinators/players etc so please dont put words in my mouth

but as far as this year goes, i only know enough to talk about bc and they are not making the playoffs, they will get better but not that good.  but i dont know enough about other teams to make a educated list...but if i were a bettin man

1 wo-s -garrett is the best rb pound for pound i've ever seen

2 kville- rhodes and hazelwood will get them there

3 jasper- tons of experience coming back didnt lose their qb or rb like silsbee

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833