*West Brook 7 Sterling 4 Final/Monday*

If the lines were reversed, surley you cheerleaders would be saying we outhit them and if you take the 5 walks 1 hit batsman and 5 errows away we would have won. WB was just able to capitalize on the many mistakes. 1 walk or errow can loose a game but back to back to back at this late in the season kinda sucks wouldn't you say. Murphy closing how can it get any better.

1.  Whether it be hits, walks or errors...it is the totality of all of these things (and more) that makes up a baseball game.  On the whole, West Brook played better than Sterling; therefore, the Bruins won.

2.  From a walks vs. hits standpoint, every walk takes the bat away from someone who could legitimately get a base hit.  For example, Murphy walked twice, Lycan walked twice, Ferguson walked once and Armstrong walked once.  Those are 6 base hits waiting to happen right there.

3.  I also would make note that good hitting does not always result in base hits.  For example, down 0-2 in the count in the 6th (1 out, bases loaded), Mark Serna battled a ball of the outside of the plate and hit a fly ball to RF.  Was it a hit?  No.  Did it result in a sac fly that drove in a pretty important run?  Yes.  Baseball people call it situational hitting...I am sure '6-4-3' has heard of it.

4.  Svoboda and Murphy threw well.  They had 11 strike outs between them (compared to 8) for Sterling.  They walked 4 and hit another, so it wasn't like Sterling didn't have opportunities.  Obviously, West Brook put the ball in play more than Sterling.  When you do that, good things (whether it be hits, errors or sac flies) are bound to happen.  To put it another way, WB outpitched Sterling last night.

West Brook won a big game last night.  They gave SE Texas a chance to pick up a district championship in a "non-SE Texas" district.  You would think that would be cause for congratulations.  I guess for some it isn't...

"West Brook won a big game last night.  They gave SE Texas a chance to pick up a district championship in a "non-SE Texas" district.  You would think that would be cause for congratulations.  I guess for some it isn't..." from MIF04

My feelings exactly!!!

West Brook is disrespected enough from the Houston area to be bashed here in their own back yard........more so since they have been through with this area for more then a month??

Sterling could have had 20 hits but they still fell short in the most important row of numbers the BIG R..................If

If the lines were reversed, surley you cheerleaders would be saying we outhit them and if you take the 5 walks 1 hit batsman and 5 errows away we would have won. WB was just able to capitalize on the many mistakes. 1 walk or errow can loose a game but back to back to back at this late in the season kinda sucks wouldn't you say. Murphy closing how can it get any better.

Shoulda Coulda Woulda at it's finest!!!

I think if you read back you will see "West Brook was able to captilize on the walks and errows" That in itself has won many games at the professional level, my comments were aimed at the errows, walks, and not producing for Sterling>plain n simple. So just when did the runs from walks and errows become earned runs not that it matters in the score. Don't think I said walks and errows don't win or loose games, just what "if' the line was reversed what would have been said. Like I also said 5 walks, 1 hit batter and 5 errows kinda sucks in a 5a game at this late in the season, surley you think so also. I'm also glad to see a hometown team win no matter what, and this comes from a French High School graduate. BTW mrs baseball I have seen teams that SUCK, capitlize on the other teams blunders but does that make them better>no it just helped them win and part of the game. Murphy did pitch well and the starter got them thru 6, as a pitchers dad HOW I ask can a team make 5 errows, 5 walks n such EXPECT to win. Who juiced the bases when the sac happened and it could have also been a 643 or 463 beings it was thataway. From what I heard and read sounds like Sterling didn't shoot theirself in the foot it was between the eyes. 

How come 90% of what you say is redundant.......there is no "If" the lines would have been reversed!?!?  So why mention it.......only to get a rise out of people and "fake" being for the home town team................French High huh.........then stick to cheering for Central.......they need you more then the Brook.......being a pitchers father I would think you know that giving up more hits but less runs means that you had to work a little harder but you got the job done!?!  for someone who speaks about how much they know.............................I'm not hearing much of anything???

The Brook, OMG it will always be Forest Park, and don't forget the guy who has (mite still be ??) put FP sports where they are came from French High School and can call him a LONG time friend. Never have rooted for Central but I will say FP came out smelling like a rose when Hebert and CP closed the doors and cried loudly when Ozen opened the doors. Just commented on all the hoop-la about how FP beat a team that most any 2A team could have beat THAT nite. Typical >>westenditus>>"we're better than you and I dont care what you say" Its called selective hearing. BTW you can keep hitting the smite button all you care to>>I CAN TAKE IT, with your help I can get up with some of your cheerleaders. Can't you guys agree the performance of the opposition was lacking somewhat , but I would NOT expect you FP fans to agree on much coming from ANYONE else. 

OK, we may have Westenditis, whatever that is, but obviously you have smalltownitis along with the rest of South East Texas. No matter where you are from you will support your hometown team. That is all that us "westenders" are trying to do, and it's obvious that you do the same for your school. If the lines were reversed, of course we would have complained about the erro"w"s and walks, but that is part of baseball. Without these the game would be reduced to the likes of football :). Anyways, next time you want to bash a team after they win 643, please make sure there were no errors, walks, strikeouts, hits, or runs because then no lines could be reversed by the losing team, if there would be one.

First, let me start by saying that I did not go to HS in SE Texas so I do not have any personal ties, etc. to any of the area HS.  If I do have any long-time allegiance to any of the 'old' HS in Beaumont, it would be French.  My roommate on our college baseball team was French...he is one of my best friends, etc.  For years, my only contact with Beaumont was with the so-called North End Gang, etc.

Second, the comparison of when Hebert, et al closed with the opening of Ozen seems misguided.  Those events occurred some 2 decades apart.  It does seem strange, though, that BISD would maintain 2 4A schools and 1 5A schools.  Those are matters of politics, though, and this is a baseball thread.

It seems obvious that our friend '643' has some long-standing issues with Beaumont and the "West End".  I don't know what those may be but I would think a run of therapy would go a long with resolving those.  He does 'talk' a better game than he delivers, though...there isn't a 2A team in the area that would have beaten Sterling on Monday...errors and walks included.  That is not meant to disrespect any of the 2A schools...that is simple fact.  Following '6-4-3' 's logic to the end (a dangerous path, I agree), Kountze would've beaten the Cleveland Indians last night since the Indians made 3 errors and walked 7.  Whew...

I will agree that Sterling did not play their best...but neither did West Brook.  That is another fact that '6-4-3' overlooks.  WB  miscues allowed at least half of Sterling's runs.  It is high school baseball.  Teams make errors.  Pitchers walk hitters.  It is part of the game.  You don't make the playoffs because you have the best batting average or highest fielding pct...you make the playoffs because you win games.  You may win 'em pretty or you may win 'em ugly...you just got to win 'em.  Remember, if Sterling did shoot themselves in the foot (or eyes), it was West Brook who nevertheless loaded the gun.  For all of the complaining about 'cheerleaders', this guy is a 'cheerleader in reverse'...he roots against people, not for them.  And show me where those who are afflicted with the dreaded disease of 'westend-itis' have come on the board and made the same excuses you are making for Sterling?  If (and I said 'if') there are any, they are few and far between.

I am sure the reply is coming...MIF04 is a 'cheerleader', too (I can live with that one).  Maybe the reply will remind us (again?) how he talks to scouts or what his son's career was or wasn't (no problem with that, either...those guys call me all the time).  I just think its time for this guy to give it a rest.  He needs to pull out the scrap book and remember what could've been instead of taking it out on everyone else.

There.  I'm done.   

The Brook, OMG it will always be Forest Park, and don't forget the guy who has (mite still be ??) put FP sports where they are came from French High School and can call him a LONG time friend. Never have rooted for Central but I will say FP came out smelling like a rose when Hebert and CP closed the doors and cried loudly when Ozen opened the doors. Just commented on all the hoop-la about how FP beat a team that most any 2A team could have beat THAT nite. Typical >>westenditus>>"we're better than you and I dont care what you say" Its called selective hearing. BTW you can keep hitting the smite button all you care to>>I CAN TAKE IT, with your help I can get up with some of your cheerleaders. Can't you guys agree the performance of the opposition was lacking somewhat , but I would NOT expect you FP fans to agree on much coming from ANYONE else. 

I could care less about Forest Park or who started it or got it where it was. It's called West Brook now..........

"Just commented on all the hoop-la about how FP beat a team that most any 2A team could have beat THAT nite." name one and lets compare PLEASE!!!

Westend..........I have not resided one day in the city of Beaumont.......your comments to any other area I guess would have been tipical Mid-countyitus or Orangeitus ect..........

smite.......i dont play this little side game nor even care how it works.....so you 'smite' want to stick to the subject.......

"Can't you guys agree the performance of the opposition was lacking somewhat , but I would NOT expect you FP fans to agree on much coming from ANYONE else."

Two teams showed up to play......................Both Teams were sitting atop district 21 5A........one team steped up and shut down the big three hitters for the other team "MIF04 can attest to their stats." 

Was the opposition lacking.......who cares  were they not suppose to play because "they" were not ready??? 

643 wants to stress how the other team made too many mistakes and that's the only reason WEST BROOK won............Again, for someone with so much knowlege??.......never mind..........The game of baseball is about making mistakes and the team that makes the fewest comes out on top the majority of the time..........You cant talk baseball with out mentioning mistakes.........The difference between making mistakes and errors are errors get recored but a mistake can happen anywhere on the field (and even off sometimes)..........I'm tired of this free education Im given you!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01