Henderson 41 Lumberton 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

Every QB lumberton will have under Babin will be a runner. Cause that's what he does. Doesn't change or deviate. You can teach kids the passing game and how to throw. Your right..with qb every day and had him as QB most of season, and he cant teach him to throw a slant or a bubble screen? 2 easy routes that we never use.That falls in the coaching, not the kid. I know Boykin. He can throw, but you gotta develop at least a package of pass plays...SMH 

Can't wait for you to says how great a 6-6 season and 4th place district finish in 4A is. With only one quality win (Huff). But its cool...

16 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

Every QB lumberton will have under Babin will be a runner. Cause that's what he does. Doesn't change or deviate. You can teach kids the passing game and how to throw. Your right..with qb every day and had him as QB most of season, and he cant teach him to throw a slant or a bubble screen? 2 easy routes that we never use.That falls in the coaching, not the kid. I know Boykin. He can throw, but you gotta develop at least a package of pass plays...SMH 

Can't wait for you to says how great a 6-6 season and 4th place district finish in 4A is. With only one quality win (Huff). But its cool...

To be honest I didn’t think there would be much difference in lumberton dropping down to 4a. They made the playoffs and yes they were the 4th seed. There was a lot hype of a DC but did you think that was going to happen?

19 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

Do you realize that in 2014 coach Haynes ran the spread and went 3-7. Babin came in the next year with pretty much the same offensive players and implemented the pistol, ran the ball as much as we ran this year, and was 8-4. Spread offense and passing has never worked in Lumberton 

7 minutes ago, LC-M said:

To be honest I didn’t think there would be much difference in lumberton dropping down to 4a. They made the playoffs and yes they were the 4th seed. There was a lot hype of a DC but did you think that was going to happen?

I did. Dude we were literally one mistake away from beating splendora. The difference between being #4 seed bs #1 was that close.

7 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I did. Dude we were literally one mistake away from beating splendora. The difference between being #4 seed bs #1 was that close.

I guess Lumberton just never struck me as a DC. The 07 team was good but relied on Hussy and Beard a lot. LCM isn’t DC either or atleast  since 1994. We have a long drought. I think things could be better at both schools. i hope they keep Babin maybe he can turn things around. Lumberton threw the ball well in the early 2000’s with Tony Eckert. Tony went on to play at SMU and he has to be the best QB at Lumberton has ever had. Side note they ran coach Fuller away due to him throwing the ball to much lol

16 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I guess Lumberton just never struck me as a DC. The 07 team was good but relied on Hussy and Beard a lot. LCM isn’t DC either or atleast  since 1994. We have a long drought. I think things could be better at both schools. i hope they keep Babin maybe he can turn things around. Lumberton threw the ball well in the early 2000’s with Tony Eckert. Tony went on to play at SMU and he has to be the best QB at Lumberton has ever had. Side note they ran coach Fuller away due to him throwing the ball to much lol

Exactly, so about once every other decade we get an awesome qb come through and we can throw the ball.

Oh and your right about 2007, we relied on our running game. Nobody was complaining then about not passing the ball.

25 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Exactly, so about once every other decade we get an awesome qb come through and we can throw the ball.

Oh and your right about 2007, we relied on our running game. Nobody was complaining then about not passing the ball.

It’s gonna sad that it ends up like that. We need set up at 2019 season prediction for next year.

• Bigdog locked this topic