Nederland @ Vidor

outanup

As everyone knows, this is the big rivalry game known as Two County Madness.  I see the Bulldogs falling short in a tremendous effort, but still winning District by beating PNG.  

The Bulldogs ecked out a close win last year, finally stopping the Pirates win streak against the Dogs (only 1 game, but that’s a win streak against Ned lol).

Okay, should be another good Vidor vs Nederland matchup.  And Vidor doesn’t have to water the field.  Both teams are used to playing in the mud, the blood, and the Gatorade. :) 

Let the “rivalry” talk begin for those who consider it a rivalry (the residents of Vidor that is) I look for Nederland to make it 58-10 (rivalry numbers no doubt *eye roll*) but not easily unless Vidor really is as off tempo as they seem. Usually a tough game and a super bowl like feeling for them when they pull off a W and a business as usual feeling for us when we pull off the W. Can’t overlook them though, we do that and we will be in a hole.

dogs-50

vidor-32

9 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Hey Ned keep this between you and me , but Vidor is going to run the ball. Just wanted to give y’all a heads up!

The rumor is.... we're tossing around the idea of loading the box .... Shhhhhh   Should be another tough, hard fought game with our newest rival. Much respect for the Pirates, they may be down...but they aint out!!!

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Finally! The rivalry game everyone has been waiting for. Anyone smell an upset in the air?

Really have you watched Vidor play,they have not won a District game, everyone that they have lost to we have we have killed took our starters out at half time ,so if we play our starters the whole  game do you really think it’s going to be a close game a the end, give me a break!!!

19 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

Really have you watched Vidor play,they have not won a District game, everyone that they have lost to we have we have killed took our starters out at half time ,so if we play our starters the whole  game do you really think it’s going to be a close game a the end, give me a break!!!

Um BH. Pretty sure your starters were in when you were behind with 3 min left in the game:)

Personally I don’t think Vidor has a rivalry. Even though Nederland wins most the time when they play Vidor it’s usually a hard fought close game. The kids have played hard this year. Just a play here or there along with some injuries an Vidor could have a totally different record. Very competitive district for sure. Hopefully the Pirates will continue to leave it all out on the field and play hard.

Seems to be too much turnover  with realignment now to really establish a  long time rivalry like PNG & Ned  have.  I think everyone knows the rivalry talk with Ned is tongue in cheek, but the fans seem to always be fired up for the game.  Orange County teams like BC and LCM would be natural geographic rivalries and could be district mates in 4A D1 if Vidor enrollment keeps going down.   

12 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

All I hear is about Vidors offense what about the defense no one talks about the defense ,Nederland can put up a lot of points how are you gonna stop us from scoring we can stop there offense ,explain that

Nobody’s disrespecting Nederland. Vidor knows they’re the underdog. When Vidor is not shooting them selves in the foot with penalties they can put up some points. They put 28 on Barbers Hill in the first half. I believe y’all had to come from behind in the last minute to just put up 27 points for the whole game against BH. Vidor knows what they’re up against.  No need to start acting like Crosby posters.

Everybody keeps going back to the barbers Hill game that Nederland played That was the first district game and we did win that game  players on both sides the ball it gotten better and stronger teams do come together as the season goes on and you get stronger that’s where were at now if this team played Barbers Hill then it won’t even be close game

16 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

Everybody keeps going back to the barbers Hill game that Nederland played That was the first district game and we did win that game  players on both sides the ball it gotten better and stronger teams do come together as the season goes on and you get stronger that’s where were at now if this team played Barbers Hill then it won’t even be close game

16 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

Ok, forgive me for having an opinion. I thought this was a forum. Carry on.