* Jasper 3 BC 2 Final/Tuesday

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Orangeboy

Congrats, Bulldogs.   A great demonstration of small-ball being played by a very fast team.  4 errors by the Cardinals did us in. Bronson can bunt and run.  I was curious how anyone else would have scored that last bunt by Bronson.  I felt that it should go down as a fielder's choice/sacrifice and not a hit.  He would have been out at first but the Cardinals had no reason to throw him out with only one out and the winning run just scoring.  Obviously it makes little difference as the result is the same. :-\

I would score it a hit.

I would score it a hit.

Swampdude,

I think your right.

SACRIFICES

(a) Score a sacrifice bunt when, before two are out, the batter advances one or more runners with a bunt and is put out at first base, or would have been put out except for a fielding error.

(B) Score a sacrifice bunt when, before two are out, the fielders handle a bunted ball without error in an unsuccessful attempt to put out a preceding runner advancing one base. EXCEPTION: When an attempt to turn a bunt into a putout of a preceding runner fails, and in the scorer’s judgment perfect play would not have put out the batter at first base, the batter shall be credited with a one-base hit and not a sacrifice.

© Do not score a sacrifice bunt when any runner is put out attempting to advance one base on a bunt. Charge the batter with a time at bat.

(d) Do not score a sacrifice bunt when, in the judgment of the scorer, the batter is bunting primarily for a base hit and not for the purpose of advancing a runner or runners. Charge the batter with a time at bat.

NOTE: In applying the above rule, always give the batter the benefit of the doubt.

(e) Score a sacrifice fly when, before two are out, the batter hits a fly ball or a line drive handled by an outfielder or an infielder running in the outfield which

(1) is caught, and a runner scores after the catch, or

(2) is dropped, and a runner scores, if in the scorer’s judgment the runner could have scored after the catch had the fly been caught.

NOTE: Score a sacrifice fly in accordance with 10.09 (e) (2) even though another runner is forced out by reason of the batter becoming a runner.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami