Hunting Leases

If you are on a hunting lease tell us about it. Where is it located and what type of game is on it? I am on a lease in Ozona, Texas. We have some of the biggest Whitetail I have ever seen. And the quantity is amazing! Every time you go out you will see something. We also have turkey, mule deer, and javalena. Thanksgiving week last year I was on my way back to the camphouse and a monster 10 or 12 point crossed the trail about 20 yards in front of me. What was amazing to me was that I wasn't but maybe 100 yards from the camphouse. It just goes to show you that the biggest deer can be right under your nose the whole time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm on the former Eastex Wildlife and also former Temple-Inland employee lease in Jasper County along the Neches north of Evadale in Jasper County. We have some nice deer as well as some pretty hefty hogs there. When they empty Dam B though the hunting gets a bit wet and hunting the high ground gets tight. :roll:

I lease 1400 acres in Fredricksburg. It has a 3 bedroom 2 story house on it. We feed protien year round for the past 4 years and game managment. We usually run 140 class deer on it. Last year I harvested a 10 point with a 20" spread. The year before we had 8 point with 23" spread and a 9 point with 8" G1, 13" G2. We have no hogs!

Turkey, Quail, Dove, Mountain lions, Bob cats, red and gray fox and mexican mountain lion.

Pretty good lease land owner is a good person and pretty much allows us to run it the way we want to as long as we dont tear up any of her precious trees

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hunt on about a 1,000 acre lease just out of Chester in Tyler county. Lots of deer and we have been managing it for about the last three. Starting to see some nice deer now that we are getting the doe population down a bit. Tyler is a two doe county without permits.

• 3 months later...

I am on J.W.C.C. That is Jasper Wildlife Conservation Club. It is located on the south-west corner of Hwy 255 and Hwy 96 North of Jasper. We have 6300 acres and about 40 members.

I have been hunting on this lease for 23 years. I have been a member of it for 5 years. I have taken some pretty good deer from it. '04-05 season, I tagged 2 in a weeks time. An 8 pointer ( 172 Lbs live weight ) and a 9 pointer the week of thanksgiving. I had plenty of sausage that year. Last year the storm changed a lot more than the landscape. There are a lot of huge trees down in the beech bottom where I hunt. I have seen a lot of new trails and many old trails abandoned. That is why I like the pop-up blinds. I haven't tried the climbing stands yet. I may try one this year.

Good luck and Safe hunting :)

I am on J.W.C.C. That is Jasper Wildlife Conservation Club. It is located on the south-west corner of Hwy 255 and Hwy 96 North of Jasper. We have 6300 acres and about 40 members.

I have been hunting on this lease for 23 years. I have been a member of it for 5 years. I have taken some pretty good deer from it. '04-05 season' date=' I tagged 2 in a weeks time. An 8 pointer ( 172 Lbs live weight ) and a 9 pointer the week of thanksgiving. I had plenty of sausage that year. Last year the storm changed a lot more than the landscape. There are a lot of huge trees down in the beech bottom where I hunt. I have seen a lot of new trails and many old trails abandoned. That is why I like the pop-up blinds. I haven't tried the climbing stands yet. I may try one this year.

Good luck and Safe hunting :)[/quote']

If you go with a climbing stand, go with the Tree Lounge. There simply is no better stand and it is by far the safest.

I lease 1400 acres in Fredricksburg. It has a 3 bedroom 2 story house on it. We feed protien year round for the past 4 years and game managment. We usually run 140 class deer on it. Last year I harvested a 10 point with a 20" spread. The year before we had 8 point with 23" spread and a 9 point with 8" G1' date=' 13" G2. We have no hogs!

Turkey, Quail, Dove, Mountain lions, Bob cats, red and gray fox and mexican mountain lion.

Pretty good lease land owner is a good person and pretty much allows us to run it the way we want to as long as we dont tear up any of her precious trees[/quote']

:shock: Bobcats? :shock:

We are on a 1200 acre lease in Llano. 10 spots. Went opening weekend ans saw nothing. 2 hogs and 1 turkey shot. We've hunted it as a "day lease" for the last 4 years and have done pretty good. but we leased the whole place from the lady this year. We are on a 5 year contract. Hopefully it will produce some good deer in the next few years.

I lease 1400 acres in Fredricksburg. It has a 3 bedroom 2 story house on it. We feed protien year round for the past 4 years and game managment. We usually run 140 class deer on it. Last year I harvested a 10 point with a 20" spread. The year before we had 8 point with 23" spread and a 9 point with 8" G1' date=' 13" G2. We have no hogs!

Pretty good lease land owner is a good person and pretty much allows us to run it the way we want to as long as we dont tear up any of her precious trees[/quote']

Again, I say "What? No pictures!!!!! Man If I took an animal like that, I would have pictures mounted.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86