*Silsbee Ends BC's District Win streak*

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your wrong Ballboyz it was HJ. Maybe you should read up on your facts before you post.

Actually, ballboyz is correct it was HF.  I remember because I was a freshman on the team.  It was the game that Jamey Knight opened the game up with a shot to dead center at HF (yes over the 400 ft. sign) off Phillip Lynch.  He didnt step on home plate and HF appealed and got the out.  So that was the last district loss.

Ok now I remember...Knight hit the bomb right out of the box, then the appeal....then Lynch goes lights out for the remainder of the game...I'm pretty sure the score was 6-0.  Knight sure did go deep though...I remember cause when the ball was hit Trahan in center didn't even move, he just kept staring straight ahead.

Guest Orangeboy

I posted this question on another thread........still no answer!

What happens if BC and Jasper split, then Jasper beats Silsbee, all three have split, giving each of the top teams 2 losses........how will that be settled?

If only two have same records with a split, they have a one game playoff!

I was wondering this myself, because it could very likely happen.

Guest Orangeboy

What was the pitch count??  How did the kid react when he was asked "How do you feel".......none of this has been talked about.....We shouldn't assume a coach just say's your done cause i say so and that's final.........One coach makes a change and the other don't just means they got different info back from their pitchers and made their own choices......You guys think Bryant is still sitting around second guessing himself...NO.....He's focused on Tuesday!!  I don't get the fact that the man has lost 1 district game in 43 try's and some are ready to hang him on one or two choices he's made...........Man's doin' somthin' right!!!

Right on Sammy

Funny, Maybe you should tell the Silsbee coach to stop on his way to BC and buy some lottery tickets....Cause he's got a better chance of winning with them..... 

Do you remember that Critter

No type no English.........I barely remeber this morning much less something from a few days ago........ :P

I Agree, I think that with BC losing a tough game, that they will probably learn from it.  The past several years, they've been 10 run ruling everyone.  Come playoff time, and especially the state tournament, has killed BC.  It's almost like playing 3 quarters of football instead of 4, you're not used to it when you have to end up playing the entire game.  No matter who is on their way to the big tournament, D21-3A will represent this area just fine!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I was a spectator at the game Friday. What else is there to do for entertainment in BC?  Looked apparent that Silsbee came to play with fire in their eyes. 

ERRORS ... thats what cost BC the game.  When a game is close or tied, throwing the ball from third over the first baseman's head is not going to help ANY pitcher on the mound.  That should be routine, guys.  Fielding the ball cleanly and making the play is something BC needs to work on.  And bunts ... what happened to small ball, moving the baserunner around? Homeruns are not the only way to score runs. 

What really incited me to respond on this thread, was all this Little League second guessing.  A few of you continue to question the coach about pulling the starting pitcher in the 6th inning.  Sounds just like the old "well if the coach would have pitched MY son, we would have won," song and dance.  Come on parents... realize that it about the team, not just one single kid.

It is unfair to say most of the stands were voicing their opinion when Meeks was pulled. That is simply not true.  Yes, he had done a nice job for 5 innings, but am I the only one who remember him HITTING the first two batters in the 6th?  Plunking two in a row with no outs is probably what made the Coach B. decide to switch to a different pitcher.  The coach may have felt the pitcher was tiring and losing momentum.  Errors, walking batters, lack of timely hitting against a great opposing pitcher... all reasons why BC lost the game, not because Meeks (or any other pitcher) was pulled. Silsbee played more aggressively and won as a team. 

If BC would have won, no one would be second guessing the coach. Finger pointing and blaming others should be left down at the Little League park. 

What i remember from watching this game was that the sixth inning when Meeks was pulled, he struck out the first batter. Had to strikes on second batter and hit him with an inside pitch, and the third batter he hit, the fourth batter he threw all fastballs and gave up a single which drove in a run making it 6-4 with one out and two runners on, could Meeks maybe have finished the inning? I think so, but you never know maybe one of the relevers could have got the game done. It was a great game and a great pitchers dual between Schooling and Meeks hope to seem them again in the near future ;)

What i remember from watching this game was that the sixth inning when Meeks was pulled he struck out the first batter. Had two strikes on second batter and hit him with an inside pitch, and the third batter he hit, the fourth batter he threw all fastballs and gave up a single which drove in a run making it 6-4 with one out and two runners on, could Meeks maybe have finished the inning? I think so, but you never know maybe one of the relievers could have got the game done. It was a great game and a great pitchers dual between Schooling and Meeks hope to seem them again in the near future ;)

Well said.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder