Bass Spawning Time

Folks this is the time of year when Bass are Spawning. Rayburn and Toledo Bend are hot right now. Plastic Lizards are the way to go.

Yall just think I am a die-hard fotball fan, you don't even want to go with the fishing discussion....LOL

Now this is a page I could add a lot of input.

That would be the first meaningful input I would have ever provided. :D

Koop, yes I fish ALL THE TIME, except during football games. I even miss a few of those to fish tournaments. It kills me too!

I have spent Tues-Thur the past 2 weeks at Toledo and have been catching an estimated 20-40 keepers a day ( of course I'm releasing them) ,including a 7.7 and a 8.2 this week. I'm catching them on watermelon/ red senkos ( actually I'm using Luck E Strikes version- jogger worm) rigged wacky style in water 0- 5ft on banks with grass. I also caught 17 crappie in 5-10 ft on green bettle spin.

I have spent Tues-Thur the past 2 weeks at Toledo and have been catching an estimated 20-40 keepers a day ( of course I'm releasing them) ' date='including a 7.7 and a 8.2 this week. I'm catching them on watermelon/ red senkos ( actually I'm using Luck E Strikes version- jogger worm) rigged wacky style in water 0- 5ft on banks with grass. I also caught 17 crappie in 5-10 ft on green bettle spin.[/quote']

Can't go wrong with a bettle spin.......and man what a good eat those crappie are.

Guest Anonymous

I've never had much luck with a beetle spin. I guess I've just never stuck with it for that long.

Small buck bass and crappie love those beetle spins. I have caught a ton of fish in the piny woods bank fishing small holes and creeks in the oilfields around Saratoga.

I have a therory that tends to hold some fact for me. BIG baits catch BIG fish. Soft plastics, deep diving crank baits, and jigs catch BIG fish. During tournaments we fish for quality and not so much quantity. You have to do this in South Texas or your going to get spanked. You have to have 5 fish near 5 lbs each or your not even in the money, most of the time.

Go check out some of the weights weighed in for Bass Champs in South Texas. www.basschamps.com The 2005 and 2006 results are available to review.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami