Whataboutism

TxHoops

17 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

One of the favorite and most used tactics on this board.   And now I understand why - it comes from the top!

This is the hidden content, please

It sure is fun watching the self-labeled elitists having aneurysms over the Trump presidency. I never thought I would see so many undocumented psychiatrists giving their unsubstantiated gloom and doom predictions based on such faulty and/or made up (and trite) "facts". Thanks for the laugh with this link. Those Liberals sure do know how to do spot-on impressions of children who just got their candy stolen.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

It sure is fun watching the self-labeled elitists having aneurysms over the Trump presidency. I never thought I would see so many undocumented psychiatrists giving their unsubstantiated gloom and doom predictions based on such faulty and/or made up (and trite) "facts". Thanks for the laugh with this link. Those Liberals sure do know how to do spot-on impressions of children who just got their candy stolen.

One could effectively argue that anyone doing an impression of our President must have a firm grasp on the impersonation of a child.  And I agree.  Jon Oliver is one of the funniest people on television today.  I find him much more entertaining than the Colberts of the world.  Although Fox and Friends and other shows certainly give him a run for his money, even if the humor is unintended unlike his show. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

One could effectively argue that anyone doing an impression of our President must have a firm grasp on the impersonation of a child.  And I agree.  Jon Oliver is one of the funniest people on television today.  I find him much more entertaining than the Colberts of the world.  Although Fox and Friends and other shows certainly give him a run for his money, even if the humor is unintended unlike his show. 

I didn't watch the video, just read the comments posted. My post was a comment on them. I know nothing about Jon Oliver.  I'm assuming he is some kind of wannabe comedian that has been given an undeserved platform on some Liberal network for the sole purpose of bashing Trump. I would have to do a Bing search to find out, and that seems like too much work for someone so insignificant.

Trump is just the impetus for the Liberal meltdown. I'm to the point where I'm beginning to think his antics are more pointed for the sole purpose of driving the Liberals insane, instead of just being his natural character. He is brilliant at getting the Liberals to expose their true hateful and childish nature. The "Scream at the Sky" thingy was just absolute comedic gold, but somehow the "comedians" ignore these antics from the Liberals. Luckily we have FoxNews (and setxsports) to expose these acts which would otherwise get buried by the Liberal media. 

What do you find funny on Fox & Friends that even comes close the loony antics of the Liberals? I hear the Liberals constantly saying "Fox Lies" and "Faux News", but I never hear any examples that leads to this conclusion. Could this be just another case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, or do you really have some evidence backing your statement? (I must admit I don't really watch Fox & Friends, so I'm not really up to speed on their programming. Maybe I should start watching it now.) Do you feel the need to attempt to delegitmize Fox & Friends because Trump said it was a great show?

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

One of the favorite and most used tactics on this board.   And now I understand why - it comes from the top!

I went back and tried to watch this. Where you able to sit through the whole thing? Me neither. I got all the way to the 2 minute mark...and that was enough. Does anybody find this funny? I mean, with Hillary, Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and scores of others running around, the comedic material is more than abundant than the trite stuff that this wannabe concentrates on. I guess this is what happens when one is blinded by hate. Just feed them what they want to hear and ignore the real material. 

You managed to use Trump and Brilliant in the same sentence - you could get your own show!   If lucky, you might win back to back Emmies too!   But then you engage in Whataboutism - which is why I posted the video to begin with.  I love that terminology albeit a terrible debate tactic that is merely an attempt at escapism....

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

You managed to use Trump and Brilliant in the same sentence - you could get your own show!   If lucky, you might win back to back Emmies too!   But then you engage in Whataboutism - which is why I posted the video to begin with.  I love that terminology albeit a terrible debate tactic that is merely an attempt at escapism....

I'm assuming (duh) that "Whataboutism" is just a made-up term in an attempt to dismiss the real disease affectionately known as Trump Derangement Syndrome. I didn't get to the point in the video where this term was used...I didn't want to lose any more brain cells by subjecting myself to that dribble. I would have to lose a lot more brain cells to even watch an Emmies show.

I'm also assuming the term came about from someone who wildly mistakes a situation in which one is exposing the obvious hypocrisy of the Liberals who show fake outrage solely based on political affiliation. The hypocrisy is apparently evident to anyone with more than two functioning brain cells, but not to Liberals...thus having to be repeated so often.

When it comes to giving a pathway for Liberals to expose their true colors, there has never been anyone more brilliant than Trump. I'm not a big fan, but his brilliance is undeniable in this area. I don't think anyone can hold a candle to his brilliance in achieving the shocking meltdown by the Liberals. That is brilliance you can take to the bank. The evidence is abundant and overwhelming, and doesn't take brilliance to recognize his brilliance. I guess I should now throw in a comparison to Obama, but can't seem to use that term in the same sentence. Oh wait, yes I can. Obama is brilliant at getting Republicans elected.

I have to agree with Englebert on this one. Couldn't take more than a couple minutes of this stuff. I believe where this guy lives is in his first pic of Trump standing there with nothing more than a fig leaf and exclaiming that he has been voted the least edible. This is where comedic genius has taken us? For some genius at comedy, try Brian Regan. Saw him live in Beaumont.

Insert any other political figure in his monologue and it is still not funny. The people he is trying to impress is the young impressionable crowd, so that we can enjoy this attitude for years to come.

Here is some real comedy....

13 minutes ago, baddog said:

I have to agree with Englebert on this one. Couldn't take more than a couple minutes of this stuff. I believe where this guy lives is in his first pic of Trump standing there with nothing more than a fig leaf and exclaiming that he has been voted the least edible. This is where comedic genius has taken us? For some genius at comedy, try Brian Regan. Saw him live in Beaumont.

Insert any other political figure in his monologue and it is still not funny. The people he is trying to impress is the young impressionable crowd, so that we can enjoy this attitude for years to come.

Here is some real comedy....

Wasn’t familiar with him - funny stuff.