HJ Next Season?

Guest Bobby Knight

Guest spinks

HJ will be a completely different team next year.  This team will have to win in different ways than they won this year.  I think they will win lots of games because of a couple of things.  Great staff.  Solid core group returning with weldon, sundgren, burrell, and bernard being the leaders.  This team wont quite be state championship material in my opinion but watch out.  You never know what the kids in Sour Lake will do!!!!!  Silsbee will be the favorite in the district!

HJ will have 3 starters returning and 12 total players returning. The 2 starters that they are losing are Duane Durley and Donahoe. Losing Donahoe is always tough but hopefully the play and leadership from Benard, Payne, Weldon, Burrell, and Sungdren will be enough to lead HJ to back2back state championships

This will be a sound team next season. #42 was relly impressive and so was #3. I believe this staff will make it interesting. I do believe their ar teams in the district that will be a more formable challenge given the key players graduating from the top three teams. With that said, tradition and champions never die, I expect this team to be driven by the idea of winning it all without Ryan.

Spinks, I agree that it will be tough next year with Silsbee in the district, but I have 3 reasons why they will have a chance to get out of the region for the second straight year.

1.  They return all but 2 players, and I know Donahoe is HUGE, but if Jarvis, Sundgren, and Burrell can absorb most of his scoring, then guys like Payne, Ricosa, and Weldon can take care of the rest.  I know its easier said than done, in replacing a guy like Ryan, but life goes on.  Good High School programs seem to always do that.

2.  They are the STATE CHAMPS, which goes along way to the mindset of a 17 or 18 year old.  You will see the Hawks play with a swagger next year that you haven't seen in years past, so if you thought the HJ Nation was strong before. WATCH OUT!

3.  The most overlooked reason:  Besides Burrell, all the players on the team are straight basketball.  Coach Sutherland will have them working as a team for next year here in a few weeks, which is priceless. 

I know it would be crazy to think that HJ is the Region 3 or even District favorites, but to think they are a one and done is also equally crazy.  My predictions is that HJ make another trip to Huntsville, and then you let the chips fall where they may.

I agree with Icky..

Burrell, Benard, Payne, Sundgren, Weldon, Ricossa will def. try and pick up the slack.

JV's Fontenot and McNeely will be a big factor. Also, HJ got some new kid from HF [i think] that is tall [6' 6" if I'm not mistaken].. not sure if he is any good.. but hey, sometimes all you need is presence down in the middle.

I think HJ will be allllright ;)

I hear JonMychal recently did a 360 dunk in his bare feet.  Just messin' around.  And he shoots the J, with range, and accuracy, like he's on a pogo stick, right over defenders, even taller defenders...  He'll be a nice boost to our offense next year, to say the least!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami