the economy

stevenash

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Can find no fault with anything you say.  I am, however, amazed that the left still SINCERELY BELIEVES that Bush was at fault for an economic debacle that began with the sub prime mortgage crisis

I will be the first to admit (and you KNOW I love me some WJC) that Clinton left that proverbial turd in the White House punch bowl.  And poor W got blamed (by SOME) for the stench.

I need help - I’m starting to sound like Reb. 

(Edit - obviously I’m not the first to admit it - figure of speech.  I’ve seen other people most on this board would deem lefty freely admit the same thing.)

56 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Newt Gingrich forced Clinton to adopt a more Conservative economic platform. Wild-spending Bill shut the government down twice in childish defiance before acquiescing to Gingrich's policies. I give Bill credit for finally "seeing the light", although he had to be arm-twisted. If left unchallenged Bill would have probably been just as bad as Obama.

This seems to get overlooked quite often...kinda like whose policies really caused the housing bubble.

Democrat revisionist history.

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

The real genius of both men is they were able to reach across the aisle and work with the other party btw.  Something at which their successors have failed miserably.  The current has enough problems working with his own party.  

I know many find it ironic that Trump is having trouble with the Repubs, but the fact that he's not really, by most definitions, a Republican, imo, is what got him elected.  Believe me, having seen more westerns growing up than the average yard dog, when I see what's happening in DC now, I visualize the covered wagons (R & D) circling up their wagons, while Trump and his (very) small band of competent (mostly the generals) Indians ride around them.  Literally.

Now, what was we talking about? :) 

41 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I will be the first to admit (and you KNOW I love me some WJC) that Clinton left that proverbial turd in the White House punch bowl.  And poor W got blamed (by SOME) for the stench.

(Edit - obviously I’m not the first to admit it - figure of speech.  I’ve seen other people most on this board would deem lefty freely admit the same thing.)

I will admit none of them have been perfect. I just need one to open up to their mistakes.

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Sounding like Reb...a badge of honor. :)