Port Neches-Groves @ Beaumont Central

Alpha Wolf

42 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

This Game will come down to the QB battle. Davis will have to play the best game of his life But i believe he is capable of doing so. Because we now Johnson will get his. But as i said a few days ago; I strangely expect a defensive slug fest.I just feel it in my gut.

Port Neches Groves-21

Central-24  

Too low a score for me. The lowest png has scored the past two years is 28. Shug avgs 5tds a game. PNG at the very least scores 35. Can Central put up 35? We will see. No defense fest here. PNG not built for that

Indian offense must get off quick passes & make fast run decisions.  If the Central defense shuts down the pass, I think PNG will barely win this game.  However, if they shut down the run & not the pass, PNG will score quickly & often.  Central will get some run yards on our defense, if PNG defense does not fall apart, this is PNG's game, we shall see!.  

Always a great game with two great teams.  :)

That is why the game is played!!!

26 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Too low a score for me. The lowest png has scored the past two years is 28. Shug avgs 5tds a game. PNG at the very least scores 35. Can Central put up 35? We will see. No defense fest here. PNG not built for that

Anything is possible. Central and PNG both had the two highest scoring offenses in the district in 2013 2014 and 2015. In 2013 the score was 16-16 at the end of regualtion. We lost 31-29(still stings) after 3 OTs. 2014 the score was 21-21 at the end of regulation with the final score being 29-21 after 2 OTs in favor of Central. And in 2015 the score was just 21-7. Heck even last year i believe both defenses played pretty solid until Johnson turn on the gas late in the game. So no matter how good the offenses are, this series has shown that both teams are more than capable of making this defensive slugfest

4 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Anything is possible. Central and PNG both had the two highest scoring offenses in the district in 2013 2014 and 2015. In 2013 the score was 16-16 at the end of regualtion. We lost 31-29(still stings) after 3 OTs. 2014 the score was 21-21 at the end of regulation with the final score being 29-21 after 2 OTs in favor of Central. And in 2015 the score was just 21-7. Heck even last year i believe both defenses played pretty solid until Johnson turn on the gas late in the game. So no matter how good the offenses are, this series has shown that both teams are more than capable of making this defensive slugfest

Well I guess you just gonna have to find out. Good luck to the Jags tonight

5 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Well I guess you just gonna have to find out. Good luck to the Jags tonight

Quick question does PNG consider Central an unofficial or pseudo rival. Cuz the games always seem that way. I know at Central we hated PNG with a passion more than we hated Ozen. We kinda considered PNG an unofficial rivalry game. Just want to know if the boys in purple feel the same 

6 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Quick question does PNG consider Central an unofficial or pseudo rival. Cuz the games always seem that way. I know at Central we hated PNG with a passion more than we hated Ozen. We kinda considered PNG an unofficial rivalry game. Just want to know if the boys in purple feel the same 

Idk brotha, us Johnsons adopted PNG when Shug and Jeremiah went there. Other than that its all Lincoln Bumblebeez. Im sure another PNG poster could answer that better than I though,

Just my opinion,not trying to start anything,but I don’t see this game being very close.i feel the ned and central game should of been a blowout.i don’t think central is very good.nederland had a horrible game and still dominated,even though the score showed otherwise.like I said just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Just my opinion,not trying to start anything,but I don’t see this game being very close.i feel the ned and central game should of been a blowout.i don’t think central is very good.nederland had a horrible game and still dominated,even though the score showed otherwise.like I said just my opinion.

LOL so you are really going to downplay those boys.....are you trying to say that that game was a fluke? Central has maybe the best secondary in the district and they are taking on a primary passing team. Im not guaranteeing a Jaguar win but its not gonna be a blowout no matter who comes on top

13 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Uh Oh. You're about to get em riled up now! lol

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Has the “no fly zone” even had a true test this year? This would be a fun one to watch 

Well we didn't get the chance to play West Brook who throws the ball a lot.  Katy Tompkins is a balanced run and pass team which we didn't get to play.  Memorial beat us using the run as well as Vidor.  Ozen and Nederland tried to pass the ball with not much success.  Lumberton is a running team primarily.  So yes, this will be the biggest test for our secondary...

1 hour ago, JagMarine95 said:

This Game will come down to the QB battle. Davis will have to play the best game of his life But i believe he is capable of doing so. Because we now Johnson will get his. But as i said a few days ago; I strangely expect a defensive slug fest.I just feel it in my gut.

Port Neches Groves-21

Central-24  

Come see me before kickoff so I can enlighten you on something...

42 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Indian offense must get off quick passes & make fast run decisions.  If the Central defense shuts down the pass, I think PNG will barely win this game.  However, if they shut down the run & not the pass, PNG will score quickly & often.  Central will get some run yards on our defense, if PNG defense does not fall apart, this is PNG's game, we shall see!.  

Always a great game with two great teams.  :)

That is why the game is played!!!

Tough to do when the corner is waiting for you at the LOS to see how often you get in the weight room...

23 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Where did they dominate besides maybe #3 for the dogs?