Port Neches-Groves @ Beaumont Central

Alpha Wolf

5 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Where did they dominate besides maybe #3 for the dogs?

Yes he pretty much dominated himself.not sure why they even attempted to throw,didn’t have to.i mean my son fumbled in the end zone,my question was why did he even get a qb keeper when #3 ran at will.

6 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Yes he pretty much dominated himself.not sure why they even attempted to throw,didn’t have to.i mean my son fumbled in the end zone,my question was why did he even get a qb keeper when #3 ran at will.

Is that what you seen on the video?

Your son is just a junior right? 

I was told that #3 started cramping severely in the 2nd half but they wanted to keep him on the field as a decoy.

#51 was raising hell in the 1st half but seemed absent in the 2nd half.

39 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Quick question does PNG consider Central an unofficial or pseudo rival. Cuz the games always seem that way. I know at Central we hated PNG with a passion more than we hated Ozen. We kinda considered PNG an unofficial rivalry game. Just want to know if the boys in purple feel the same 

Not necessarily...I think it seems that way due to both being playoff contenders year in and year out...I get the feeling that a lot of teams look at PNG as a “rivalry game” tho 

4 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Is that what you seen on the video?

Your son is just a junior right? 

I was told that #3 started cramping severely in the 2nd half but they wanted to keep him on the field as a decoy.

#51 was raising hell in the 1st half but seemed absent in the 2nd half.

Yes,he is a jr.  Wasn’t knocking any kid from central,they did what they had to and won,that’s all that matters.just from seeing central and png both play I say roschon is too much.i hope I’m wrong,I’d love to see the purple go down.ill be on the jaguar side tonight..good luck to both teams tonight and no injuries!!!

23 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Well we didn't get the chance to play West Brook who throws the ball a lot.  Katy Tompkins is a balanced run and pass team which we didn't get to play.  Memorial beat us using the run as well as Vidor.  Ozen and Nederland tried to pass the ball with not much success.  Lumberton is a running team primarily.  So yes, this will be the biggest test for our secondary...

Y’all against Westbrook would be an exciting game to watch too.... if only lol

39 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Yes,he is a jr.  Wasn’t knocking any kid from central,they did what they had to and won,that’s all that matters.just from seeing central and png both play I say roschon is too much.i hope I’m wrong,I’d love to see the purple go down.ill be on the jaguar side tonight..good luck to both teams tonight and no injuries!!!

I'll be on the 1st row of the upper deck, reserved section, stop by.

8 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Oh My God!!! They have been riding the austin area all year!!!!

They talk about East Texas often hell they have even discussed El Paso. But we ge ts no love out here

Nope no love, in their words, this area produces outstanding athletes, not necessarily great teams.

I'll leave several so that you can choose which "area" team was the last in the State Finals aside from Newton and WO-S:

2008 - Dayton (4A, DII Finalist)

2004 - Jasper (3A, DII Finalist)

2003 - San Augustine (2A, DI State Champ)

2002 - Corrigan-Camden (2A, DI Finalist)

2001 - Burkeville (1A State Champ)

2000 Burkeville (1A Finalist)

1999 - Port Neches-Groves (4A, DII Finalist)

46 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Besides Newton or West Orange. Who was the last team out here to make it to state final? 

Jasper made it all the way but fell short in '04 but i cant think of anyone else

Don't forget my lil cousin Fred Ford and the Kirbyville Wildcats playing in 2 straight state finals but falling short in both...

Ok, I'll let the cat out of the bag...

Central will not have their starting QB #2 tonight do to off the field infractions.  I commend the administration and coaches for upholding the rules and letting nobody, including the starting QB, be above the law, even in a big time game that means a lot to Central's playoff chances.

The starting QB tonight will be #7 Phoenix who normally starts at WR and was the #1 QB in spring ball and summer before Harvey.