Port Neches-Groves @ Beaumont Central

Alpha Wolf

24 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

2008 was the last time Central beat Ned and PNG in the same season. They ended up going 4 rounds deep in the playoffs. Figured, I would add my .02. Could it be a repeat of 2008?

I would love that.  I'll never forget that Central team.  If this one is like that one, then this will. Be the perfect game to prove where they stand....

16 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

2008 was the last time Central beat Ned and PNG in the same season. They ended up going 4 rounds deep in the playoffs. Figured, I would add my .02. Could it be a repeat of 2008?

You know some Central history I see...That was Coach Stowers last year.  A 1 point loss, 20-19 to Friendswood, kept them from the 5th round aka State Semi-Finals and a date with eventual state champion Lake Travis. 

One game at a time.  We are just trying to get into the playoffs, anything is possible from there...

On 10/21/2017 at 0:45 AM, Jag Insider said:

We haven't run a screen pass ALL YEAR, seriously.  I haven't missed a JV or Varsity game.  No screen passes in either.  And just to make sure, I asked my son, who is one of the Varsity WR's, it was not a screen...

Capture.PNG.d217c4c09722e416cc0d16cab7d1

Here is a picture of the play that people were complaining about. I am not an official. You guys be the judges. The line of scrimmage was the 28. The pass is being thrown as this picture was taken. #58's left foot is at the 23. He is 5 yards up field. Is that a penalty?

4 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Capture.PNG.d217c4c09722e416cc0d16cab7d1

Here is a picture of the play that people were complaining about. I am not an official. You guys be the judges. The line of scrimmage was the 28. The pass is being thrown as this picture was taken. #58's left foot is at the 23. He is 5 yards up field. Is that a penalty?

That can't be the picture.  That looks like the QB #2 was throwing to the RB #3 coming out of the backfield.  The call for the illegal man downfield was on a pass to the endzone to #10...

7 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

That can't be the picture.  That looks like the QB #2 was throwing to the RB #3 coming out of the backfield.  The call for the illegal man downfield was on a pass to the endzone to #10...

Capture.PNG1.PNG.790e0e3ec98fe9da3182339

You are correct, wrong penalty. This is the TD that was called back. The line of scrimmage here is the 36. The ball is about to be thrown, it is not yet in this picture. #58 is already crossing the 31 and still moving down field, already 5 yards beyond the line before the ball is thrown. Was the penalty correct?

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Capture.PNG1.PNG.790e0e3ec98fe9da3182339

You are correct, wrong penalty. This is the TD that was called back. The line of scrimmage here is the 41. The ball is about to be thrown, it is not yet in this picture. #58 is already crossing the 36 and still moving down field, already 5 yards beyond the line before the ball is thrown. Was the penalty correct?

The QB is standing at the 41 so that can't be the line of scrimmage.  Maybe around the 35 is the LOS.  But yes, #58 looks like he is a little too far down field.  These pictures were taking from the Lumberton side, as I was sitting on the the Central side, so I didn't see it in real time.  Looks legit.  You can't post the entire play? 

I'm past it though.  We got the win.  The boys are practicing for the Indians on Thursday...

3 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

The QB is standing at the 41 so that can't be the line of scrimmage.  Maybe around the 35 is the LOS.  But yes, #58 looks like he is a little too far down field.  These pictures were taking from the Lumberton side, as I was sitting on the the Central side, so I didn't see it in real time.  Looks legit.  You can't post the entire play? 

I'm past it though.  We got the win.  The boys are practicing for the Indians on Thursday...

The line of scrimmage was the 36. #58 is passing the 31. 5+ yards down field.

I am not trying to argue. I know you guys are getting ready for the Indians, but that call was referenced a ton already on this thread. It was said over and over again how horrible the call was. I just wanted to give the refs a little justice. Some of the things said about that crew were awful, especially since the call that kept being referenced was the right call.

37 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I am not trying to argue. I know you guys are getting ready for the Indians, but that call was referenced a ton already on this thread. It was said over and over again how horrible the call was. I just wanted to give the refs a little justice. Some of the things said about that crew were awful, especially since the call that kept being referenced was the right call.

No need to argue, not trying to, photos and video don't lie.  I know for a fact that Nelson and Company went over those penalties with the young Jags so hopefully it doesn't happen again this week.  We are good enough to play bad and beat the Raiders but we will have to be on our A game to beat the Indians...

Thanks for the picture...

3 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

No need to argue, not trying to, photos and video don't lie.  I know for a fact that Nelson and Company went over those penalties with the young Jags so hopefully it doesn't happen again this week.  We are good enough to play bad and beat the Raiders but we will have to be on our A game to beat the Indians...

Thanks for the picture...

Good Luck. Has the makings of a great game. Especially if Central plays their best football.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

That crew was actually selected to officiate a 5A state playoff game last year so they really weren’t a bad crew. But, like Jag Inisder said, even though we all see now that they had that call correct, they still won despite that TD being called back.

On 10/24/2017 at 6:24 AM, Jag Insider said:

I agree, like someone else referenced, the New Caney playoff game from last year (which I would like a rematch of) and the 2nd CE King playoff game that they should have won after leading the entire game.

I was talking to another dad yesterday as the Jaguars practiced.  I told him I seen something in the Nederland game that I hadn't seen in MANY years.  Fight and not quitting from the boys.  Central led most of that game until late in the 4th.  As Nederland scored the late TD and later the FG to take the lead, many of the old Jaguar teams would have folded up, packed it in and quit.  They would have been arguing on the sidelines and coaches walking around with their heads down.  I didn't see that 2 weeks ago.  It was 3rd and 35 with less than a minute to go and I watched as the offense confidently broke the huddle and picked up half the distance needed for the 1st.  Then on 4th down, the QB drops back and with no hesitation tosses the 1st down to our best WR.  From that point they punch it in for the win.

I also told him, Nelson and Company don't "play" with the team like the predecessor did.  You know who is in charge, the assistants are out actually coaching, correcting and instructing, not just hollering and fussing.

Regardless of what happens Thursday, I like the direction that the football program is heading and glad to have 2 boys and a nephew under Nelson and Company... 

That 2nd CE King game was brutal.......Foreman and Lockes butchered that game with piss poor playcalling down the stretch offensively and on defense.That game pissed my soul off. Those boys season shouldn't have ended that way 

1 hour ago, JagMarine95 said:

That 2nd CE King game was brutal.......Foreman and Lockes butchered that game with piss poor playcalling down the stretch offensively and on defense.That game pissed my soul off. Those boys season shouldn't have ended that way 

Yea, the last 2 years we should have been playing in the 2nd round at least.  Led and controlled both games for most of the game...