Hardin at Huntington

camsdad

19 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Hardin big.  They are better and Huntington is......well......typical Huntington.

We'll see.  I'm not sure about winning big...but yeah they'll probably win.  They certainly better hope they win this one.  I think there aren't a whole lot of winnable games on the schedule.  JMO

On 9/5/2017 at 4:46 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

There is a reason why he doesn't post here any longer.

Tell us why. I see this as a battle of two schools just trying to improve let's face it Hardin has been down a long time and Huntington has just enough kids to be in a killer district as of late. All that I see it

Hardin 20

Huntington 6

13 minutes ago, camsdad said:

Why all the jabs at Haynes?  Did I miss something?

Not really jabs, just that the hometown boy has ridden in on his white horse to save the day. The whole fiasco that went down last year and how the situation was manipulated to get Larry back in Hardin made some us sick. Tod Stark is a good coach and a quality person and how he was treated was sinister. Anxious to see how the "Golden Boy" does in his first game back in town.

33 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Not really jabs, just that the hometown boy has ridden in on his white horse to save the day. The whole fiasco that went down last year and how the situation was manipulated to get Larry back in Hardin made some us sick. Tod Stark is a good coach and a quality person and how he was treated was sinister. Anxious to see how the "Golden Boy" does in his first game back in town.

This right here. This alone makes it hard for me to want Hardin to win anything at all this year. Of course, to hope for an 0'fer would be punishing kids for the mistakes of adults so I really can't do that. Haynes won't win anymore games than Stark would have won and this will end up with Haynes re-retiring after year 2 of this experiment. Back to the drawing board for the Hornets.

My final 2 cents on the subject:

Hardin definitely would've beaten HD.  I'll be the first to admit that I underestimated HD last year and was pleasantly surprised by their success...But they lost too much and even if Hardin stayed the same as far as ability last year was a pretty close game.  Doesn't matter because we'll never know.  If Hodges is smart he'll get that game off the schedule for the next 2 years and he won't have to worry about it.

Back to this Huntington matchup.  Neither are very good I think...I think Huntington may be worse.  We'll find out.

And yes nobody is bashing Haynes.  The man is a good coach there's no doubt.  But yes he was viewed as the "savior" to the program when he came in.  Even good coaches can't win a race horce with a donkey.  And yeah the way he acquired the position may not have sat well with some.  Like me.  But it is what it is.  Just glad football is back around and I'm sure the kids are happy for some normalcy after the storm.