*PN-G 2 Barbers Hill 1 Final/Tuesday*

One heck of a baseball game @ Barbers Hill. Unfortunately, Eagles fall to PNG 2-1. For any PNG fans out there, congratulations ! Your boy Harrington(?) can really throw it. Kid went the distance and showed no signs of letting up. Total domination. For BH, starter Kendall Thamm threw 1st 3 innings, with 3 K's and no walks. Gave up 2 hits with an error and one run. Finished with no decision after 1-1 tie after 3rd. Hunter Silva was on the hill for the next 3 innings. Do not have exact numbers but threw the ball great, mixing up a good fastball with a great change up. Unfortunately for Silva, gave up the only other run scored in the ball game..taking the loss. Jr. righthander Jonathan Kelley threw a scoreless 7th inning for BH. Kelley has shown great improvement in his last two appearances.  As far as hitting, can't tell you much except that there wasn't much.  

MONT BELVIEU – Junior Drew Barnett had run-scoring singles in the third and sixth inning and Port Neches-Groves downed Barbers Hill, a newly minted Class 4A team, 2-1 Tuesday night on the Eagles’ home diamond.

Junior Eric Harrington twirled a complete game three-hitter as PN-G improved to 5-5 for the season. The Indians play next in the Lufkin tournament, which begins Thursday.

Barbers Hill, 7-3, scored its run in the first inning after Harrington hit the first Eagle hitter with a pitch. He moved to second on a bunt single, then to third on a double play, and scored on a two-out basehit.

Harrington allowed only one more hit and no runs in the final six innings. He finished with eight strikeouts and only one walk allowed.

PN-G tied the game 1-1 in the top of the third when Payton Faseler got a basehit and stole second base before Barnett knocked him in. In the sixth, Harrington led off with a hit, was bunted to second by Faseler and scored on Barnett’s hit.

Harrington and Faseler joined Barnett in the two-hit club for PN-G.

The caught stealing in the second was actually ruled an error according to the set of books I saw.  Catcher Campbell had him thrown out ( with the umpire signaling out ) as the ball was knocked out of the glove as tag was applied. That would have been the third out of the inning. I'm not sure how you rule that. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Also, the runner involved with the tag @ second reached 1st with a single with two outs,  after being ruled safe @ second, he scores when the next batter drives him in with a single. Is this an earned or unearned run ? Regardless, big for BH. PNG had a runner thrown out @ third that could've been very costly to them also. They way the Harrington kid was throwing, probably all remote issues anyway. We just couldn't touch him. Excellent pitching performance. Congrats !

I tell ya, the Harrington kid did throw a good game.  It seemed that he got stronger as the night went on.  His breaking pitches were dirtier late in the game than in the first also.  The BH squad definitely swings the bat and any pitcher in the game with them better keep the ball down or a hurtin' will happen.  The BH Eagles have always been a team to be respected and this year is no different.  They also have some good pitching to go with the bats. 

I have to give it to the Indians tho, they are really underestimated and when they finally gel together then they will be really good.  They have played mostly 5A squads in preseason to get them ready for district and hopefully this will do it.  The injured Shawn Flores is missed and can't wait for him to be back in action too.

Good job Indians!!

BH has been swinging some hot bats lately. "Mr." Harrington cooled them all off in a hurry. I haven't seen Flores pitch but have heard great talk about him. If Flores is anything like Harrington.................look out for the PNG Indians ! 

I tell ya, the Harrington kid did throw a good game.  It seemed that he got stronger as the night went on.  His breaking pitches were dirtier late in the game than in the first also.  The BH squad definitely swings the bat and any pitcher in the game with them better keep the ball down or a hurtin' will happen.  The BH Eagles have always been a team to be respected and this year is no different.  They also have some good pitching to go with the bats. 

I have to give it to the Indians tho, they are really underestimated and when they finally gel together then they will be really good.  They have played mostly 5A squads in preseason to get them ready for district and hopefully this will do it.  The injured Shawn Flores is missed and can't wait for him to be back in action too.

Good job Indians!!

you said that perfect  we been playing some very good quality teams in the preseason...teams like west brook  baytown sterling and some more  and were also going to another 5a tournement this weekend in lufkin...people are underestimating us because of our record against top 5a teams but its still early  but im just saying  were still making a statement against them

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed