Trumpcare

westend1

8 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Ha.  Premiums never went up before Obama got in office 

Ha. Mat said healthcare cost were a disaster before Obama. Are you saying they're better now. No where in my statement did I mention premiums.  Mat's statement that I referenced was about healthcare cost, not premiums.  Ha.

7 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Ha. Mat said healthcare cost were a disaster before Obama. Are you saying they're better now. No where in my statement did I mention premiums.  Mat's statement that I referenced was about healthcare cost, not premiums.  Ha.

That's the problem. Healthcare costs don't mean anything to most people. All they want to know is how much is the premium and how much is the deductible?   The elephant in the room is doctors, hospitals, drug companies, etc.  I don't believe Obamacare fixes that.  You had to know it was more expensive to cover preexisting conditions.  Are you surprised your premiums are higher?

12 minutes ago, westend1 said:

That's the problem. Healthcare costs don't mean anything to most people. All they want to know is how much is the premium and how much is the deductible?   The elephant in the room is doctors, hospitals, drug companies, etc.  I don't believe Obamacare fixes that.  You had to know it was more expensive to cover preexisting conditions.  Are you surprised your premiums are higher?

No, but when you're told they will go down.......   But, we all know Obama gets a pass on that one.

No, but when you're told they will go down.......   But, we all know Obama gets a pass on that one.

Don't quit on me now.   We know when the mandate was gutted, there was no way to fund Obamacare.   And, there was no way to fund trumpcare.    The only answer now is repeal.    Get rid of the useful parts.    Republicans won't do it because too many voters like it. 

13 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Don't quit on me now.   We know when the mandate was gutted, there was no way to fund Obamacare.   And, there was no way to fund trumpcare.    The only answer now is repeal.    Get rid of the useful parts.    Republicans won't do it because too many voters like it. 

There was no way to fund it, and the Demtards knew this from the start.  But Pelosi and her minions shoved it down our throats anyway.  The chosen one's "signature" piece of legislation had to be passed come hell or high water.  We see where it's headed.

4 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

There was no way to fund it, and the Demtards knew this from the start.  But Pelosi and her minions shoved it down our throats anyway.  The chosen one's "signature" piece of legislation had to be passed come hell or high water.  We see where it's headed.

And trumpcare does the same thing as oromneycare, but instead the money is borrowed.  Right?

16 minutes ago, westend1 said:

I'm shocked you keep pushing the narrative that many Republicans like Obamacare. Republicans are in the most lock-step agreement to repeal Obamacare than any other issue I've seen in my lifetime. Many of the GOP politicians want to replace Obamacare...that is where the disagreements are.

5 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I'm shocked you keep pushing the narrative that many Republicans like Obamacare. Republicans are in the most lock-step agreement to repeal Obamacare than any other issue I've seen in my lifetime. Many of the GOP politicians want to replace Obamacare...that is where the disagreements are.

They have both houses.  What are you saying?  Should be simple

6 minutes ago, westend1 said:

They have both houses.  What are you saying?  Should be simple

Many GOP politicians want to replace Obamacare at the same time as repeal. Many GOP politicians want to repeal only without replacement. So the common theme is they all want to repeal. The disagreements come with the replace. So far, the only vote included replace...which too many GOP members will not vote for to have it pass.

If you polled every GOP House and Senate member about repealing Obamacare, the vote would be unanimous to repeal.

9 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Many GOP politicians want to replace Obamacare at the same time as repeal. Many GOP politicians want to repeal only without replacement. So the common theme is they all want to repeal. The disagreements come with the replace. So far, the only vote included replace...which too many GOP members will not vote for to have it pass.

If you polled every GOP House and Senate member about repealing Obamacare, the vote would be unanimous to repeal.

So do it.  They won't because too many voters like aspects of oromneycare 

6 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Romney did not force this down our throats.  We all know it failed miserably in Massachusetts, should have been a clue to that idiot that forced it upon the American people, that it would not work.

Romney did not force this down our throats.  We all know it failed miserably in Massachusetts, should have been a clue to that idiot that forced it upon the American people, that it would not work.

Many sites seem to indicate that romneycare has been pretty successful.  But don't let that get in the way of your narrative 

Obamacare has some good aspects but it mostly sucks. Before Obamacare, healthcare costs were out of sight which resulted in out of sight premium costs. The GOP did nothing which is how we ended up with Obamacare. The dems were united on this. All of the GOP agrees on repeal but they can't agree on how to do it. The ultra conservatives want it gone and screw anyone without. Other lesser conservatives want to replace it with something. The GOP can't come to terms and will continue to battle within; which by the way is how Trump became president.

3 hours ago, westend1 said:

I agree, they should repeal Obamacare then work on a replacement later, which hopefully will never materialize. Too many GOP politicians feel they will receive an overwhelming amount of bad publicity for "kicking off millions of people currently on Obamacare"...and leaving them out to die in the streets. That's why some are adamant on replace at the same time. Real Republicans don't want socialized medicine, and will not support a government replacement. Even though the Republicans are united in repeal, some want replacement not because they think their constituents like it, but because of the fear of the inevitable backlash and false narrative that will come from the biased media. Personally, I think the backlash will be worse for those politicians advocating replacement.

2 hours ago, mat said:

Obamacare has some good aspects but it mostly sucks. Before Obamacare, healthcare costs were out of sight which resulted in out of sight premium costs. The GOP did nothing which is how we ended up with Obamacare. The dems were united on this. All of the GOP agrees on repeal but they can't agree on how to do it. The ultra conservatives want it gone and screw anyone without. Other lesser conservatives want to replace it with something. The GOP can't come to terms and will continue to battle within; which by the way is how Trump became president.

I disagree though with your assessment on "ultra conservatives want it gone and screw anyone without". Conservatives are not out to screw anyone, and feel the free market is the best driver of lowering costs. They also know the government has a long history of making things worse when involved.

And before Obamacare my healthcare insurance was a lot lower than it is with Obamacare.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the Repubs fear alienating the current people on it, but fear the mainstream media constantly showing (any) dead bodies and blaming it on the repeal.  I base that on my watching CBS News every evening (know thine enemy) and virtually every newscast starts off with Russiangate.  North Korea could nuke Hawaii and the mainstream news would start off with a dead body blaming the Repeal.  It's the nature of the beast.