Silsbee 9 Bridge City 1/FINAL

WOSgrad

22 minutes ago, Critter said:

Silsbee came to play like the Cards expected.  Sundgren, (The Real Deal) didn't look comfortable like in the past, maybe from only throwing 15-16 innings before now.  The GS was to much to over come in one of these games that usually is decided by 2 runs or less. I'm hoping BC's young squad will get some confidence as the year pass'.  it was a nice night in the box next to AAW , I felt star struck sitting next to a celeb :)  JK, but the guys got a perfect radio voice.

I normally wouldn't play the blame game .... but To me the ump made both kids uncomfortable..... when you are unsure where he wants it makes it hard to hit a spot ... Both kids made some big pitches in big spots that could have got them out of innings a little quicker. 

2 minutes ago, HOTROD309 said:

I normally wouldn't play the blame game .... but To me the ump made both kids uncomfortable..... when you are unsure where he wants it makes it hard to hit a spot ... Both kids made some big pitches in big spots that could have got them out of innings a little quicker. 

100% agree with you on that...

I hear ya!!!  But in what you expect to be a close game...  how willing are you to give them a couple of baserunners to get your message across.  The kid that got HBP....  that was a strike,  and when our catcher stopped the game and got Nelson to talk to umpire.  The kid's rear foot was completely behind the plate.  I just don't like doing away with the inside line of the batter's box, never have... think it takes away from the game.  To me it makes it a call very few umpires will make.  There are three lines that are important....  front, back and inside.  Want to do away with a line to save chalk....  do away with the outside line.  If a batter wants to stand 3 1/2 feet away from the plate, let him...  does not effect pitch calling one bit!!  Unless he is Happy Gilmore, it only hurts him not the other team.  JMHO