Jefferson County Judge shot in Houston

PhatMack19

You could speculating why she was approaching him but that is all it would be, speculating. That is not an uncommon means of carjacking or robbery. I talked to a friend (former coworker) whose wife had the exact same thing happen in Houston a couple of weeks ago. A woman pulled up next to her in a parking lot and started asking questions and she looked into her mirror and saw a man approach the passenger's side of her car with a gun in hand. She had one in the console and when he looked into her passenger side window, she was pointing it at him.

The woman that pulled up next to her (the diversion) and the guy both fled in her car. They were obviously together and intent on something more than asking questions. 

Looking at how vague news articles are (and having done many press releases), they usually leave a lot to speculate on. That does not mean that something was not "adding up". It only means that we don't know all the details and since the police do not like to release information, might never know.

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I just usually don't "pull over to the side of the road to use the phone" in sketchy areas. 

Me either, but I know several older folks who do ( I can think of four off the top of my head).  they didn't grow up with a cell phone attached to their ear and aren't as comfortable using them while driving.  that might be even more true at night in Houston traffic.  that being said, if for whatever reason the police were suspicious, they'd have little trouble verifying through phone records and a conversation with whoever called him to see if the story checked out.   

50 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Me either, but I know several older folks who do ( I can think of four off the top of my head).  they didn't grow up with a cell phone attached to their ear and aren't as comfortable using them while driving.  that might be even more true at night in Houston traffic.  that being said, if for whatever reason the police were suspicious, they'd have little trouble verifying through phone records and a conversation with whoever called him to see if the story checked out.   

Sounds weird in that park , MLK , night,  Judge/Preacher,