Kerry defends US role in UN's Israel censure amid backlash

LumRaiderFan

21 hours ago, Remmus said:

Yes, God has always been faithful to Israel.  

Every religion has its nut jobs ...even we Christians.  We had our own Jihad's of sorts around the world.  If Christians only followed the old testament, we'd be doing some of the same crazy -ish the radical Muslims are currently doing.  The Bible tells us that people of the middle east are the decedents of Ismael, son of Abraham.  That lineage has a fighting spirit.  The question is, what can we do to help heal it.

It can never be healed under the status quo.  Before anyone wants to get in verbal fisticuffs over that statement, don't bother.  Ain't no healing gonna happen.  Oh, we can go thru the motions, and get the (uneasy)  stalemate we have now, but there will never be peace as long as both are there.  Why?  First, these two groups have been fighting since recorded history.  Second, as long as the Muslim religion (Imam's) teaches "death to infidels" (non believers) how can you have peace?  How can you have peace when the dogma of the one religion calls for the death of the other be it Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Etc, and Atheist.  A point that the leaders of the United States need to contemplate before allowing more Muslims into our country.  

For those ready to spout out Islam is a peaceful religion, there are some in Islam that think that way, just as Christians have Amish, and Seventh Day Adventist.  But virtually all the other religions today have a live and let live dogma.  To my knowledge, not one other religion on earth today calls for the death of all others, except Islam.  Stop and think about that.  You convert to Islam, or you die.  There are approx 1.6 Billion Muslims.  They intend to convert or kill the the remaining 5.8 Billion people.  And Hitler was labeled a monster (and rightfully so) for murdering over 6 Million.  Peace in the Middle East?  Unless we do the unthinkable, there will never again be peace in the world.  Jmo, and I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

It can never be healed under the status quo.  Before anyone wants to get in verbal fisticuffs over that statement, don't bother.  Ain't no healing gonna happen.  Oh, we can go thru the motions, and get the (uneasy)  stalemate we have now, but there will never be peace as long as both are there.  Why?  First, these two groups have been fighting since recorded history.  Second, as long as the Muslim religion (Imam's) teaches "death to infidels" (non believers) how can you have peace?  How can you have peace when the dogma of the one religion calls for the death of the other be it Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Etc, and Atheist.  A point that the leaders of the United States need to contemplate before allowing more Muslims into our country.  

For those ready to spout out Islam is a peaceful religion, there are some in Islam that think that way, just as Christians have Amish, and Seventh Day Adventist.  But virtually all the other religions today have a live and let live dogma.  To my knowledge, not one other religion on earth today calls for the death of all others, except Islam.  Stop and think about that.  You convert to Islam, or you die.  There are approx 1.6 Billion Muslims.  They intend to convert or kill the the remaining 5.8 Billion people.  And Hitler was labeled a monster (and rightfully so) for murdering over 6 Million.  Peace in the Middle East?  Unless we do the unthinkable, there will never again be peace in the world.  Jmo, and I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.

We have Christians that blew up abortion centers.  Is that reflective of ALL Christians?  Christians have radicals that due all sorts of weird -ish in the name of God (we found some off yonder in Waco).  Muslims have their sect of crazies that are hurting all Muslims.  

10 minutes ago, Remmus said:

We have Christians that blew up abortion centers.  Is that reflective of ALL Christians?  Christians have radicals that due all sorts of weird -ish in the name of God (we found some off yonder in Waco).  Muslims have their sect of crazies that are hurting all Muslims.  

How many...how big is that number?

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

How many...how big is that number?

Does God keep score with sin?  To your point, no that is not a big number.  We Christians did our mass murder back during the Crusades.  

We could end all this mess in the middle east the same way we ended world war II ..IJS.

2 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Does got keep score with sin?  To your point, no that is not a big number.  We Christians did our mass murder back during the Crusades.  

We could end all this mess in the middle east the same way we ended world war II ..IJS.

Yeah we keep score.

Are you really going to equate thousands killed worldwide in the name of allah with the few killed in the name of Christianity and put them on the same threat level?

That's a tired and ridiculous liberal argument.

24 minutes ago, Remmus said:

You and I both know very few Christians are Saints.  But I've never heard of a Christian preacher preaching, death to those who aren't Christians (although there could be 1or 2).  I'm not condemning Islam, but the teachers of Islam, and the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of followers of Islam who are willing to sacrifice their lives to kill a bunch of people, even other Muslims, who don't believe like they do.  Their daily atrocities are are all the proof anyone should need.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

You and I both know very few Christians are Saints.  But I've never heard of a Christian preacher preaching, death to those who aren't Christians (although there could be 1or 2).  I'm not condemning Islam, but the teachers of Islam, and the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of followers of Islam who are willing to sacrifice their lives to kill a bunch of people, even other Muslims, who don't believe like they do.  Their daily atrocities are are all the proof anyone should need.

I agree Islam has a sect that is hell bent on mass destruction.  There's also Muslims fighting ISIS right now. When it comes to safety at home I'm all for stop and frisk in the airports.  Don't strip search a grandma from North Dakota. Grab d sweaty guy that looks like Bin Ladin. It's not PC but it will protect more ppl. 

For the record we've had "Christian" leaders support all sorts of atrocities.  

15 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Please name the Christian leader(s) who have declared their intent is to wipe out a faith and have demonstrated said intent.

Dude...check out everyone that adopted Catholicism.  From Italy to Ireland over to South America.  Christians have old sins and the Muslims are popping off today. 

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

For the most part, when talking politics, or problems we face now, only the liberal posters start bringing up the Dark Ages.  Just a little advice from a conservative to a centrist :) 

Point taken, but our country can really look like hypocrites to our enemies.  We've committed some of the same atrocities.

16 minutes ago, 77 said:

Very good and very simple!

This is the hidden content, please

Good video.  The video assumes that ALL Palestinians want to kill off Israel and that's not true.  Also Palestinians fight among themselves too.  Israeli settlements are sorta like new gun laws.  "Give em an inch and they'll take a mile."  The US could have more influence if we didn't buy so much oil from those pesky Arabs.  I'm for the World War II solution.  The ultimate reboot.  

10 hours ago, 77 said:

the leaders want to kill the jews and thats what matters!

Which leaders?  Hitler wanted to kill the Jews and the US sat by for a good and LOOOOONG time before we intervened (Japan sorta forced us off our arse).  The US got real tight with Israel when we were seeking friends to help us in the region.  If Israel teamed up with Putin today, the US would drop our relations tomorrow.  America's love for Israel has less to do about killing Jews and more to do with a common interest.  As a country with a sizable Christian community we have a natural connection to Israel.  

45 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Which leaders?  Hitler wanted to kill the Jews and the US sat by for a good and LOOOOONG time before we intervened (Japan sorta forced us off our arse).  The US got real tight with Israel when we were seeking friends to help us in the region.  If Israel teamed up with Putin today, the US would drop our relations tomorrow.  America's love for Israel has less to do about killing Jews and more to do with a common interest.  As a country with a sizable Christian community we have a natural connection to Israel.  

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here, but you seem to be implying we were letting Jews get slaughtered before we intervened in WWII. Is this really your contention? If not, please explain why you think we "sat back".

Where does Hitler fit in this conversation? 77 was referring to the Palestinian leaders.

You talking about the murderous Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbor without provocation a wakeup call? Dude, where is your love of country? Those murderers killed thousands of innocent people. You are probably sorry they got nuked. I'm not. It's ok though, Obama apologized.

Yep, those big old bad old mean Americans have interests around the world. We must be the only ones. Shame on us for taking care of our own.

Israel and Putin? LMAO

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here, but you seem to be implying we were letting Jews get slaughtered before we intervened in WWII. Is this really your contention? If not, please explain why you think we "sat back".

Isolationist policies and we really didn't give sh*t.  As you may know, the US essentially gave the finger to a ship carrying Jews fleeing Hitler Germany.

2 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Isolationist policies and we really didn't give sh*t.  As you may know, the US essentially gave the finger to a ship carrying Jews fleeing Hitler Germany.

Yes, we were in isolationist mode. But your example is a far cry from giving the middle finger to Jews. The U.S. government felt the war would be too costly to American lives, and would overlook (and conceal from the public) many examples of atrocities made against Jews and every country/ethnic group in the world. This was not confined to Jews, and in no way a slight to them. It was an America first attitude. Once the evidence of German atrocities leaked out, it was just a short matter of time in which the American public would be incensed enough to rebel against the Isolationists and demand entry into the war. The attack on Pearl Harbor came at the time when America's entry in the war was all but inevitable. Japan struck when it was still a surprise. They knew the window would not be open much longer.

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Yes, we were in isolationist mode. But your example is a far cry from giving the middle finger to Jews. The U.S. government felt the war would be too costly to American lives, and would overlook (and conceal from the public) many examples of atrocities made against Jews and every country/ethnic group in the world. This was not confined to Jews, and in no way a slight to them. It was an America first attitude. Once the evidence of German atrocities leaked out, it was just a short matter of time in which the American public would be incensed enough to rebel against the Isolationists and demand entry into the war. The attack on Pearl Harbor came at the time when America's entry in the war was all but inevitable. Japan struck when it was still a surprise. They knew the window would not be open much longer.

OK.

We can draw loose comparisons to the current refugee crisis.  Isolationist, America first policies.  People desperate to escape are being turned around at the door.  I agree with the President-elect that these refugees need a strong vetting.  Heck, put them in interment camps.  I'm sure they'll pick our camps over certain death in their own country.  

20 minutes ago, baddog said:

Where does Hitler fit in this conversation? 77 was referring to the Palestinian leaders.

You talking about the murderous Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbor without provocation a wakeup call? Dude, where is your love of country? Those murderers killed thousands of innocent people. You are probably sorry they got nuked. I'm not. It's ok though, Obama apologized.

Yep, those big old bad old mean Americans have interests around the world. We must be the only ones. Shame on us for taking care of our own.

Israel and Putin? LMAO

Huh?  Maybe this message came before my messages about nuking the middle east.  I agree the Japanese were murderous and TERRORISTS.

21 minutes ago, baddog said:

Israel and Putin? LMAO

Netanyahu sure did french kiss Putin a**.  Probably to spite President Obama.  Netenyahu needs his a** kicked.  

3 minutes ago, Remmus said:

OK.

We can draw loose comparisons to the current refugee crisis.  Isolationist, America first policies.  People desperate to escape are being turned around at the door.  I agree with the President-elect that these refugees need a strong vetting.  Heck, put them in interment camps.  I'm sure they'll pick our camps over certain death in their own country.  

I'm quizzical as to where you are going with this. I simply stated that I disagreed with your assessment that America gave the finger to the Jews during WWII. Trying to equate today's policies with the 1930's isolationist policies needs some proof. During WWII, America did not want to travel to a foreign conflict that would cost millions of American lives. Today, America does not want open the flood gates for our enemies to walk through. I'm not seeing your connection.

8 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I'm quizzical as to where you are going with this. I simply stated that I disagreed with your assessment that America gave the finger to the Jews during WWII. Trying to equate today's policies with the 1930's isolationist policies needs some proof. During WWII, America did not want to travel to a foreign conflict that would cost millions of American lives. Today, America does not want open the flood gates for our enemies to walk through. I'm not seeing your connection.

Just churning the pot.  You're also taking a leap when you say we're going to flood in enemies. Those babies (like the ones Glenn Beck is helping) are innocent.