Intelligence briefings

Big girl

2 hours ago, baddog said:

In Big Girl's defense, I posted a new topic the other day and it posted twice. Had to have a mod remove one of them.

Big Girl. You post topics and ask everyone else's thoughts. Let's hear yours.

According to the article, it is important that he gets daily briefings during the transition. Didnt it say that all of the presidents before him have received them everyday? I think Trump's reasoning is ridiculous.

48 minutes ago, baddog said:

Trump is much smarter than any of us. Is not taking briefings illegal? On what should the president elect be briefed? I have no idea. Iran, N. Korea, unemployment, what? When he becomes president, then he will take these briefings. He should concentrate more on LGBT restrooms anyway.

Well stated, sir.  And we MUST get the Redskins name changed and make certain that every person who wants to get into this country is allowed whether he has criminal intentions or not.

50 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Well stated, sir.  And we MUST get the Redskins name changed and make certain that every person who wants to get into this country is allowed whether he has criminal intentions or not.

I have also heard that there were some briefings (intelligence data) that came across the SOS's desk that were totally ignored. Something about a place called Benghazi. It seems to me that the sitting president should be the one privy to the briefings until the President -elect is sworn in. Kinda like how quickly Iran released the hostages after the swearing in of Reagan.

If they brief you on Monday & say ISIS  is in Syria, and on Tuesday you get the same info, why would you want to hear it again.  He said if there's something new, let him know.  So if Wednesday they need to tell him ISIS is in Iowa, he'll listen.  Makes sense to me. 

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

If they brief you on Monday & say ISIS  is in Syria, and on Tuesday you get the same info, why would you want to hear it again.  He said if there's something new, let him know.  So if Wednesday they need to tell him ISIS is in Iowa, he'll listen.  Makes sense to me. 

Come on, REBgp, we CANNOT have that.  After all, it is VITAL that we have symbolism rather than substance.  Something for which politicians are famous.  You know, sort of like, "I am drawing a red line in the sand"

42 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Come on, REBgp, we CANNOT have that.  After all, it is VITAL that we have symbolism rather than substance.  Something for which politicians are famous.  You know, sort of like, "I am drawing a red line in the sand"

But steve, that red line was done in a disappearing ink - here today, gone tomorrow.  Typical liberal action.  Makes them feel good but accomplishes absolutely nothing.  

27 minutes ago, Big girl said:

The article states otherwise. The President needs to hear the briefings. Mike Pence gets daily briefings, so it must be important.

Is the Left learning from the Right or vice-versa:

This is the hidden content, please
(from MSNBC, one of your favorite sources).

I'm sure Huffington Post, Mother Jones and Politico have articles also, but I feel dirty after going to their sites. I'm definitely jumping in the shower after posting a link from MSNBC.

On 12/12/2016 at 10:00 AM, Englebert said:

Thank God Obamacare will soon be relegated to the bowels of misfortunate history, otherwise Play-Doh would be a requirement in every healthcare plan.

I feel bad for people with pre-existing conditions that wont be able to get healthcare. i guess you guys are ok with them dying.

On 12/12/2016 at 9:41 AM, Englebert said:

Is the Left learning from the Right or vice-versa:

(from MSNBC, one of your favorite sources).

I'm sure Huffington Post, Mother Jones and Politico have articles also, but I feel dirty after going to their sites. I'm definitely jumping in the shower after posting a link from MSNBC.

Your source is not reliable.