TEXAS JAMBOREE/POST UPDATES HERE!

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

WC has a nice squad.  Let the other TAPPS teams worry about that.  # 4 Charles Smith is a baller, at least he was this evening.  He is just as important to that team as Salinsky.  The 6'8" guy for WC,  Banks, he helped them a lot in the paint.  

They recognized the two right guys: Adams for Silsbee & #4 Smith for WC.  

Good win.  Both wins were good.  i got my money's worth.  Maybe I can catch some of the Tiger's games in the fort bend tournament.   We shall see.

WC will own TAPPS 5A this year. Probably wont be challeged from district on

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Who dunked?

# 4 Charles Smith saw an opening down the middle of the paint and drove in and threw down a spectacular one hand flush.  The gym erupted!  Kudos to the Silsbee players for being able to compose themselves and bring home a win after that play.

WC made another special play at the end of the first half when someone threw in a 60 feet prayer shot at the buzzer, nothing but net.  

10 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Adams was on fire tonight. Willie Jones III and Kaylon Barnes along with Mike McCain will be a force down low. Jones is more athletic than I thought. 

Jones is very athletic it gets better when he gets his legs back! He's coming straight out of football taking a big hit in the game against Carthage that bruised his tailbone! I told people he was the PG at Legacy and can handle the ball well, he will be the miss match every game for Silsbee!

Yes Jones is about 6'5 and handles the ball very very well. He can finish at the rim with the best of them. He was taking the 6'8 post to the hole off the dribble all game. Also, Barnes player a heck of a game on the boards. Really impressed with his free throw shooting as well. As a team, Silsbee seems to be shooting free throws better. Look forward to their match up vs Central Tuesday night. 

I enjoyed watching Silsbee play during the thanksgiving break.  Back to the salt mine (work) tomorrow. I hadn't seen them since last December during the fort bend tourney last season.  Good to see Devon is fully recovered and doing his thing on the court.

Houston Christian is a nice team, but they didn't know about Silsbee.  Among other things the Tigers has the element of surprise working for them in that game.   

But..all that is in the past.  Wish I could attend the game against Wagner in SA.  That ain't happening. When i was younger I could and would pull off crazy trips like that in the spur of the moment.  Not anymore though.  

Hopefully I can see them again in this year's FB tournament.  We will see.