It has happened again

BS Wildcats

4 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I just saw that this person was released and not a suspect.

tvc, just curious. If the APB says the suspect last seen was a black man, wearing a gray shirt, with a baseball style cap, and had a goatee.....if the police stop every individual fitting that description for questioning, is that profiling or stereotyping, or are the police simply doing what they are trained to do.....apprehend the suspect? We sure don't want to offend any potential cop killers.

34 minutes ago, baddog said:

tvc, just curious. If the APB says the suspect last seen was a black man, wearing a gray shirt, with a baseball style cap, and had a goatee.....if the police stop every individual fitting that description for questioning, is that profiling or stereotyping, or are the police simply doing what they are trained to do.....apprehend the suspect? We sure don't want to offend any potential cop killers.

Stopping a described suspect is not profiling in any sense of the law. 

To be a lawful stop however, there has to be a limited time frame and distance from the crime scene and that is in any case, not just racial profiling. The more general the description, the less reason to justify a detention. If it is a city the size of Beaumont and there is an armed robbery at 3:00AM and a description given, even a general description, and a look alike is found 10 blocks away 15 minutes after the robbery, it will likely be viewed as a reasonable detention.

If it was a tall thin black male with a white t-shirt on three days ago and you see someone fitting that description, it will likely not be viewed as a lawful detention. 

Those are kind of easy extremes to get the point across but every single police interaction between them and the public is open to question. The police can lawfully talk to you with a chance encounter/consensual contact, a detention with reasonable suspicion or with probable cause. Even if an officer walks up and says "hi" while you are on the street, if he continues to speak to you other than just passing you by it can be called into question. If an officer just walking down the street sees you and says something like, "Come here for a moment" and you stop to talk to him, that is a detention under the Fourth Amendment. When an officer does or says anything that would make a reasonable person believe that he had better stop, it is a detention even if nothing further happens. 

And locally I have not heard an APB in over 30 years although it might still be in use. In this area we usually use ATL-Attempt To Locate or regionally I have seen BOLO-Be On Lookout. 

Some police language is generally universal in this country but some tends to be regional. An example might be like the term "skel" or "skell". In the northeast the police use (or at least used to) use the term to describe the homeless or vagrants on the street. If you say that to an officer in the south he will likely have no clue what you are talking about. 

Universal language is usually in the form of dispositions after a call is made like see report/see investigation, gone on arrival (GOA), unable to locate (UTL), subject/person located, see accident report, etc. 

The 10 codes, numbered codes, signals, alerts, etc., can be way different. An example is that locally 10-1 means that your radio transmission is broken up and I can't understand you. 10-2 means loud and clear. In Norfolk, VA 10-1 and 10-2 means officer needs assistance which is the ultimate call for help. A call for assistance is like I am in deep such as a shootout, a bad fight, etc. In this area 10-2 simply means I can now here you clearly. 

Locally we use the word "Code" such as Code 1, 2 and so on. Other areas use "Signal" also in addition to 10 codes, and codes. I know in Florida Signal 0 used to mean (and maybe still does) officer needs assistance. Say that around here and an officer will likely reply, "You want me to signal what?". 

Clear as mud? 

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

And locally I have not heard an APB in over 30 years although it might still be in use. In this area we usually use ATL-Attempt To Locate or regionally I have seen BOLO-Be On Lookout. 

Some police language is generally universal in this country but some tends to be regional. An example might be like the term "skel" or "skell". In the northeast the police use (or at least used to) use the term to describe the homeless or vagrants on the street. If you say that to an officer in the south he will likely have no clue what you are talking about. 

Universal language is usually in the form of dispositions after a call is made like see report/see investigation, gone on arrival (GOA), unable to locate (UTL), subject/person located, see accident report, etc. 

The 10 codes, numbered codes, signals, alerts, etc., can be way different. An example is that locally 10-1 means that your radio transmission is broken up and I can't understand you. 10-2 means loud and clear. In Norfolk, VA 10-1 and 10-2 means officer needs assistance which is the ultimate call for help. A call for assistance is like I am in deep such as a shootout, a bad fight, etc. In this area 10-2 simply means I can now here you clearly. 

Locally we use the word "Code" such as Code 1, 2 and so on. Other areas use "Signal" also in addition to 10 codes, and codes. I know in Florida Signal 0 used to mean (and maybe still does) officer needs assistance. Say that around here and an officer will likely reply, "You want me to signal what?". 

Clear as mud? 

I grew up with Dragnet and "Just the facts ma'am", so I say APB. Lol

On November 21, 2016 at 5:55 PM, tvc184 said:

The most true to life police show as far as the way they investigated crimes. 

Got to love Joe Friday-isms. 

My introduction to any type Police Code was Highway Patrol with Broaderick Crawford - 10-4, 10-4, 10-4, which as I remember was, I got it, or I agree.

9 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Hmm, not one word from nappy or big girl on this topic.  Why is that?

They worship their criminals. Their songs sing about killing cops so they are desensitized to it.

This POS said he was having custody problems and he took it out on someone not even involved and that he was sorry. That makes it sound almost accidental. This man pulled up behind the cruiser, got out and walked up to the window and shot the officer twice in the head. How accidental/incidental is that? I don't care to hear any apologies. He's just "sorry" he got caught.

19 minutes ago, baddog said:

They worship their criminals. Their songs sing about killing cops so they are desensitized to it.

This POS said he was having custody problems and he took it out on someone not even involved and that he was sorry. That makes it sound almost accidental. This man pulled up behind the cruiser, got out and walked up to the window and shot the officer twice in the head. How accidental/incidental is that? I don't care to hear any apologies. He's just "sorry" he got caught.

Amen, the cops that caught him should have let the air out of him and saved the state some money.  I know that is not the right thing do, but what that sorry pos did was not right either.

19 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

This is the hidden content, please

Another pos shoots a police officer. Obama has created a nightmare for officers across the country.  What a leader and great potus he is!!

This officer has passed due to his injuries.  A sad situation anytime, but especially this time of year.  A needless killing at the hands of a useless pos human being.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

The cop killer in Georgia is DEAD!!  The report says he was in a house surrounded by police.  It is unclear if it was a suicide or if he was killed by the police.  Hopefully, one of the officer's was able to get revenge for the shooting death of his comrade.

One less POS to worry about. Glad he's dead.