Early Willie Ray Smith Award Nominees

BADSANTA

I think there are four finalist so I'll do 4 for each 

Offense

Calvin Tyler- Silsbee

Jack Dallas- WOS

Roschon Johnson- PNG

Elijah Hines- PAM

I know JD3 stats are not on par with last year but he will probably get another nod off pure respect and leadership 

Defense

Kary Vincent Jr- PAM

Bruce Newton- Silsbee

Jarron Morris- WOS

Morris Joseph- WOS

it was hard for me pick defenders because I haven't watched every team and seen the true Impact they have from a non statistical standpoint. But from what I've seen those 4 are game changers. 

My choices would be Tyler offense, Vincent defense.  I think Tyler is a fairly easy choice at this point, numbers wise.   Vincent probably doesn't have the numbers some have but he is absolutely on lock down wherever he is on the field. And seems like as often as not when he is tested, the ball heads back the other way.  Clearly the best defensive player I've seen. 

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

My choices would be Tyler offense, Vincent defense.  I think Tyler is a fairly easy choice at this point, numbers wise.   Vincent probably doesn't have the numbers some have but he is absolutely on lock down wherever he is on the field. And seems like as often as not when he is tested, the ball heads back the other way.  Clearly the best defensive player I've seen. 

He probably has the most INT in setx with 6 right now. I think 3 of them have went for 6 as well. 

On 10/15/2016 at 3:23 PM, ccsbasketballplayer said:

He probably has the most INT in setx with 6 right now. I think 3 of them have went for 6 as well. 

Bruce Newton from silsbee just hauled I'm int #6 this weekend...  With 3 games left to play.  Defensive will be out of Vincent from PAM and Newton...

Offensive, Tyler, hands down...

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

PN-G Johnson and PAM Vincent

Yeah because Rj was pressured like no other and stilled balled out,he had his moments hes young but will just get better thats a scary thought,lol,and Vincent is bad to the bone he took our guys head off with that lick to head,and i think he has seven picks,he had 6 before our game i think.

34 minutes ago, 78Stang said:

I have heard of this kid that plays for WOS named K.J. Miller. Is he any good or worth consideration?

Miller HAS to be in the offense conversation and if you don't think other wise you need to watch this kid play. He has at least 5 returns for touchdowns this seasons and is hands down one of if not the best WR in SETX. Just watch his HUDL

3 hours ago, 78Stang said:

I have heard of this kid that plays for WOS named K.J. Miller. Is he any good or worth consideration?

This is the hidden content, please

Its not good for me to be tooting my own horn.....But i think KJ name should be in consideration.... So far he has a total of 12Tds....4 PR, 1 KO, 6 rec, 1 Throwing.... Individual adwards or good but its none greater like being a SC...

4 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

Yeah because Rj was pressured like no other and stilled balled out,he had his moments hes young but will just get better thats a scary thought,lol,and Vincent is bad to the bone he took our guys head off with that lick to head,and i think he has seven picks,he had 6 before our game i think.

He has 6 total