West Orange-Stark 45 Kennedale 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 10/1/2016 at 1:39 AM, griff said:
19 hours ago, dj said:
19 hours ago, dj said:

It's not a hole !! Hoping u get a chance to rewatch both games even the BC game. All 3 teams got those yards bc our defense got lazy. LB not filling the holes either.  Especially the 2 runs by C.tyler ran through arm tackles.  And it's something they need to break.were not gonna always have this luxury of been up like this. The pursuit has been pour in every game this year in certain situations.  It's not abt the blowouts it's abt getting better for the long run.

It's not a hole !! Hoping u get a chance to rewatch both games even the BC game. All 3 teams got those yards bc our defense got lazy. LB not filling the holes either.  Especially the 2 runs by C.tyler ran through arm tackles.  And it's something they need to break.were not gonna always have this luxury of been up like this. The pursuit has been pour in every game this year in certain situations.  It's not abt the blowouts it's abt getting better for the long run.

The third TD by Kennedale should not have counted. A WO-S defender was breathing down the neck of their QB, then was badly held to the point where his jersey was almost pulled off. It had a direct impact on the play and allowed the QB to get free and score. The ref blew that big time. 

It seems that after one of the WO-S guys got tossed for throwing a punch, we may have lost some compusure, at least a couple of players may have. It lead to a Kennedale TD. Kennedale was facing 3rd and 17 and would likely have punted there. This TD could have been prevented and I can understand Coach T being upset over that.  

That 96 yard TD from Kennedale was a blast up the middle. Our safety seemed to move out of position and the play came right at the area he moved away from. That was an impressive burst and Kennedale definitely earned that one. In spite of all my nitpicking (not to mention too many penalties), the defense played great. Only 70 or so yards allowed in the first half. A few mistakes late in the game bit us, but overall the Mustangs earned an impressive win. 

Kennedale is easily the best team WO-S has faced so far. They were big, physical, and their tailbacks have good speed. This is the kind of competition the Mustangs can expect in the playoffs.  

Now it's on to district play... 

What I am saying isw, both the long runs by Silsbee, and 2 of the TD by Kennedale, went through the same place on the line, so something is bound to be going on there.

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

What I am saying isw, both the long runs by Silsbee, and 2 of the TD by Kennedale, went through the same place on the line, so something is bound to be going on there.

Ur right it did go through the middle. Not trying to dog the kid who was out of place on the td run is #38 nd #18. They took the place of #34  nd #39who coach T pulled bc of the pf they got. But GUNHO said it right kids do get out place sometime. Just sometimes wen u get a lead it's hard to play with the same momentum the whole game.but if u ever want to see a great football move.please check out the runs C.tyler against us. Wen I went back and looked at the tape on both them runs.Wow!! He is better than any back we have seen this year . there o-line struggle bcz of predictable  play calling. ND the d-line was in the back field every play.

I think playing a Region 2 North Texas team was a perfect idea. Kennedale has always had a reputation of almost getting there but not ever having quite enough, yet is considered a powerhouse in their region just as WOS can lament from 2006-2013 in Region 3. There's a definite difference in mindsets between the regions I've found. DFW, East Texas, SE Texas, West Texas, Central Texas and South Texas are all very different despite essentially being of the exact same makeup. 

11 hours ago, dj said:

Ur right it did go through the middle. Not trying to dog the kid who was out of place on the td run is #38 nd #18. They took the place of #34  nd #39who coach T pulled bc of the pf they got. But GUNHO said it right kids do get out place sometime. Just sometimes wen u get a lead it's hard to play with the same momentum the whole game.but if u ever want to see a great football move.please check out the runs C.tyler against us. Wen I went back and looked at the tape on both them runs.Wow!! He is better than any back we have seen this year . there o-line struggle bcz of predictable  play calling. ND the d-line was in the back field every play.

The deal is, when the runner does not get caught on the line, regardless who is there, someone ought to be there to back him up.

In all honesty , the score don't reflect this game. If you were there to see it with your own eyes, you did know the Mustangs defense play lights out. Yeah they had a couple scored on them but that wasn't until late in then but that wasnt until late in the 4th quarter. The offenses couldve easily scored 60 points but we didn't. The same way with silsbee, minus those two runs by Tyler, he was held to -4 yards. We have still yet to reach our peak but when we do , best believe it's going to be scary. I'm just glad we are 6-0 and able to stay injury free.

15 hours ago, XX Man said:

The deal is, when the runner does not get caught on the line, regardless who is there, someone ought to be there to back him up.

Ur right. Both were backups! ! And neither one looked as if they wanted to tackle him .38 or 18.  Some gets it sooner den others.hoping they understand it better next time.

5 hours ago, 3rdone said:

are there any highlights anywhere of the kennedale game?

Yes !! Do u have a huddle acct? ? If not go to ur Internet on ur phone and type in Kennedale wildcats varsity football. And it will bring u to maxprep. And go to results. U should see videos 

Pretty sure Kennedale tried to give them a confidence boost in the stats. On a video on the Max Prep website, it says that Kennedale rushed for over 600 yards. I was not at the game but I find that hard to believe. I could be wrong, but from what i understand the mustangs defense did a great job, besides the three touchdown runs. 

19 minutes ago, gronkykong17 said:

Pretty sure Kennedale tried to give them a confidence boost in the stats. On a video on the Max Prep website, it says that Kennedale rushed for over 600 yards. I was not at the game but I find that hard to believe. I could be wrong, but from what i understand the mustangs defense did a great job, besides the three touchdown runs. 

Yes it Is wrong. They only had a Lil over a 100 thru 3 qtr.

29 minutes ago, gronkykong17 said:

According to HUDL, kennedale had a lil over 200 rushing yards and 6  passing yards. WOS were balanced with about 250 rushing yards and 250 passing. The 600 is so not true 

12 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

According to HUDL, kennedale had a lil over 200 rushing yards and 6  passing yards. WOS were balanced with about 250 rushing yards and 250 passing. The 600 is so not true 

HUDL also had them at over 600 yards. It says it at the end of the highlights video. Although I know it is not right

Kennedale scored 3 times! The Mustangs learned a lot last night and to be honest it's the best thing possible! Getting roughed up and slapped around a little is always a great thing! These young men are a different level of players! They won't quit and they will not be satisfied with just winning! They want total domination and I really feel sorry for Hamshire Fannett! They are about to feel the wrath of last weeks mistakes and so will the rest of that district! Lord help em all!

Don't don't be ignorant and reference the Lord when it comes to this thread.  WOS is the best and we all know it.  They should of beat Gilmer two years ago and then after this year they would be able to say they were back to back to back state champs.  The Lord might of answered the prayers of the better kids, not players that day!!lol

Somebody mentioned the Gilmer game and I'm still a little bit chafed, especially when I go to Youtube and see that phantom block in the back on D.Thompson's near 100 yard field goal return for a TD.  As far as the Kennedale game,  WO-S beat a very good team Friday night handily, a team that will make some noise in the 4A-D1 playoffs.  Take away a couple or three runs and their numbers are pretty much so-so.  This game could have easily been 52-7.  The breakdowns that happened will be addressed and they will learn and be better for it.  Now that is scary folks.  I would not wanna be in Hamshire-Fannett's shoes for their britches this week.  Look for a very vanilla 56-0 type game with the starters getting some sit down time.