Tom Herman To LSU

Coach85

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

smdh if we messed around and let those retards just to the east of us snag him while we are twiddling our thumbs...

He's still -220 to Texas and +160 to the field.  I wonder if this isn't a smoke screen to get Texas to make a decision quick.  

9 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

He's still -220 to Texas and +160 to the field.  I wonder if this isn't a smoke screen to get Texas to make a decision quick.  

That's what I'm thinking.  One of two things, his agent is playing the Fisher giving the Tigers the Heisman to drive the price up and/or to get Texas to move.  Or two, he's tired of waiting on Texas and has moved on.  The second seems less likely due to that's the job he's always wanted but who knows what's happened behind the scenes.  One thing we proven is we can be the worst in the country at handling coaching transitions. 

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

That's what I'm thinking.  One of two things, his agent is playing the Fisher giving the Tigers the Heisman to drive the price up and/or to get Texas to move.  Or two, he's tired of waiting on Texas and has moved on.  The second seems less likely due to that's the job he's always wanted but who knows what's happened behind the scenes.  One thing we proven is we can be the worst in the country at handling coaching transitions. 

It doesn't make sense to agree to anything now.  He could wait until Monday and start a bidding war between multiple teams.  

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Remember this guys?  I do, it was 3 days ago.  Nostradumbass over here. 

Do I have to spell it out for you. 

Lsu wanted fisher 

Sexton  played hard ball and fisher would not agree on keeping Aranda 

Lsu had giving Herman 48 hours to decide , which obviously was before the Texas game tomorrow 

Melt for me hoops 

1 minute ago, team first said:

Do I have to spell it out for you. 

Lsu wanted fisher 

Sexton  played hard ball and fisher would not agree on keeping Aranda 

Lsu had giving Herman 48 hours to decide , which obviously was before the Texas game tomorrow 

Melt for me hoops 

So now we have a second "done deal!?"  Pardon me if I wait and see something more concrete from someone who isn't 48 hours removed from completing "Hooked on Phonics."

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The thing that makes me feel the best is that both Fat Ketch and teamfirst think it's done.  Those guys are right less than a broken clock. 

Now to an actual LSU source

Before you keep making things up quote me where I said it's a done deal. 

You know better than this 

better call Saul 

1 minute ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Herman's agent doing whatever he can to make more $$ for himself and his client by playing both Texas and LSU against one another. Tom Cruise couldn't do it any better!

Exactly what I suspected.  Guy wants to coach the horns.  Can't blame him for wanting 8 Millie a year to do so.  Had a bad feeling the Tigers were going to cost us another 10 mil

Texas getting played like a fiddle...Everyone wants to say "We're TEXAS"!!! Well act like we're Texas damnit...We really gone let this man play us like Brock Oswiler played the Texans...smh damn shame he gone get millions out of us and only been a HC for two seasons...Mess around and get to the 40acers and won't ever win a NC..smh 

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Texas getting played like a fiddle...Everyone wants to say "We're TEXAS"!!! Well act like we're Texas damnit...We really gone let this man play us like Brock Oswiler played the Texans...smh damn shame he gone get millions out of us and only been a HC for two seasons...Mess around and get to the 40acers and won't ever win a NC..smh 

I'm a lot higher on him than you are but if we pay him more than Saban makes (and it looks like that may happen), that is crazy money for a guy who has never coached in a power conference.  

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I'm a lot higher on him than you are but if we pay him more than Saban makes (and it looks like that may happen), that is crazy money for a guy who has never coached in a power conference.  

Bro I have no problem hiring Herman, Ima all for whatever Texas has to do to get back to national prominence , but Ima be a hot pistol as a partial football alum to see my money going to this coach who's not proven but is the highest paid coach in college football and hasn't even won a National championship...trying to hurry and get him not even looking at other coaches cause he's playing LSU to boost his figures...Like come on act like you know at least..