Notre Dame at The University of Texas

UTfanatic

3 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Funny spin

UTEP is not Notre Dame.

Who this weekend for the Kyle Field challenge?

just found it Prairie View. 

Is it even on tv?

It's on SECN at 11am.

I'm headed to Cabo for the old lady's 30th bday.  I'll have to find somewhere to watch.  Hopefully I'll be awake by 9am Pacific time. 

35 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Next weeks game is on LHN.  Let me know the rating for that one.  

Heck, I didn't even know that. I really don't worry about ratings, just winning. It appears we may do a lot of that this season. Just remember, LHN is for one team only, and we still make moola. Winning will only make it better.

10 hours ago, baddog said:

Yes, I have mixed emotions abut the gray hairs that fall out. It was gray, but it was a hair.

To expound on the catch where the ball was jarred loose......why is it that a runner can hold the ball out to break the plane and the ball can be swatted out of his hand or even fumbled but it is a TD? Same should go for a receiver....catch the ball with feet/foot down while breaking the plane. Play over....TD .

Carry on.

Because the running back already has possession when he's breaking the plane of the goal.  A receiver must gain possession of the ball.  The rules state a receiver must control a catch all the way to the ground for it to become possession.  If it's jarred out on the way down, he never possessed it, and thus cannot score a touchdown.

6 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Because the running back already has possession when he's breaking the plane of the goal.  A receiver must gain possession of the ball.  The rules state a receiver must control a catch all the way to the ground for it to become possession.  If it's jarred out on the way down, he never possessed it, and thus cannot score a touchdown.

Thanks, I knew the rule. Just don't like the control all the way to the ground, if he had possession and control while breaking the plane, anything after that is BS.

4 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

This is the hidden content, please

You can never lessen the Longhorn victory as much as you try.

How about all the missed calls against Domers? ie, offensive pass interference!

You should worry about Prairie View, your next opponent, not Texas.

......67,132 different last names!

Hookem

Edited by UTfanatic

Texas beats highly ranked ou team. 

Aggy say Sooners overrated, then Sooners make CFP. Not overrated.

Texas beats a CFP contender. Aggy say missed call and domers overrated. We will see where how the season progresses both teams. 

After the aggy win Saturday, Longhorns posters said good game. 

Not one Aggy has said good game!

15 pages is long enough for game 1 of a long year.

horns up and Hookem

53 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

To be fair, I think AAW did say good game or something to that effect. 

2 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Hey, I made a bunch of nice comments during the whole game. 

Man that guy was off his meds during the game, of course he overlooked the good comments by all. 

18 hours ago, baddog said:

Thanks, I knew the rule. Just don't like the control all the way to the ground, if he had possession and control while breaking the plane, anything after that is BS.

You gotta have some point of reference for when the catch becomes a catch.  If it falls out when or before he hits the ground, I'm fine with that not being a catch.  I mean, I guess you could say if he touches it with two hands it's a catch, but I prefer the rule as it is.  But Dez caught that ball against Green Bay :)