Dayton 24 Nederland 23/FINAL

Bronco94

Very entertaining game. Ned looks like a different team with #17 and it looks like all of the players were fired up when he came in.

Dayton has a solid team and congrats on hanging on for the win. I think Ned can win with the new QB. Simmons looks great. We have several WRs and the D is scrappy. We gotta get better on 3rd down and why on earth do we take a penalty to make it 3rd and 20 instead of 4th and 10 when the momentum was shifting. Those 3 points were important. Way too many penalties though. Dayton needs to work on punt game! Games start to really matter next week and I am finally excited for the Dogs now that we have a QB it seems. Good luck the rest of the way, Broncos!

8 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Congrats on the win Dayton. 

Sounds like Nederland figuring their team out. 

For Sure, I'd rather they figure it out than be a mystery all season. I think dayton is doing some of their own figuring, squeaking by to not go 0-2, but we've got a lot of football ahead. Playoffs is gonna be interesting 

4 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

For Sure, I'd rather they figure it out than be a mystery all season. I think dayton is doing some of their own figuring, squeaking by to not go 0-2, but we've got a lot of football ahead. Playoffs is gonna be interesting 

After the first half I was thinking Ned might not make the playoffs. After the second half I would say I am cautiously optimistic . If they clean up some of the things I mentioned above I think they will be ok

5 minutes ago, bigdog said:

After the first half I was thinking Ned might not make the playoffs. After the second half I would say I am cautiously optimistic . If they clean up some of the things I mentioned above I think they will be ok

Me and you both. Weird night tonight. At least yall found yalls QB. 

2 hours ago, outanup said:

Im told 17 was listed wrong in the program....Anyone have his name? Offensive line did WORK tonight. With more reps 17 is gonna be a better option in my opinion. 

Thats the kid they said came from Memorial. Leday. Made the offense seem like an offense. He seemed very comfortable in there. 

Sat with Robanadana, Liltex and Bronco Pride. Nice seeing you Jayhawk, Octfeb and Gabe. 

52 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Very entertaining game. Ned looks like a different team with #17 and it looks like all of the players were fired up when he came in.

Dayton has a solid team and congrats on hanging on for the win. I think Ned can win with the new QB. Simmons looks great. We have several WRs and the D is scrappy. We gotta get better on 3rd down and why on earth do we take a penalty to make it 3rd and 20 instead of 4th and 10 when the momentum was shifting. Those 3 points were important. Way too many penalties though. Dayton needs to work on punt game! Games start to really matter next week and I am finally excited for the Dogs now that we have a QB it seems. Good luck the rest of the way, Broncos!

I don't know why Nederland fans ever doubt that LN is going to find a way to make the Bulldogs into a good team.  Sounds like finding the guy to lead them is a huge step. 

Also, couldn't have found a worse spot for a new QB last week.  As we all knew, WOS is salty as heck.  Haven't been scored on through 2 games and could probably have beaten LCM 70+ to 0 tonight if Coach T had wanted.  And LCM isn't just terrible by the way. 

But it is easy to overreact in either direction early in a season.  The Dogs will be just fine. 

8 hours ago, liltex said:

Just my 2 cents but I thought Ned won @the line of scrimmage tonight.Always well coached,Dayt has some 2nd half work to do & alot of punting practice.Alot of respect for both teams

I thought the same thing, Nederland will run the football this year. It will only get better as the qb improves. D was solid for being on the field so much. Qb for dayton took a pounding but kept on coming. Imo, two pretty evenly matched teams at this point in season. Good physical game by 2 physical teams. Ned won at the point of attack, just need for the new qb to get more familiar with system...

1 hour ago, outanup said:

What's  even stranger is....Pam playing 10 miles  down the road and you not being there...Id be worried too.

Why? That isnt strange at all if you actually know Memorial. Check the history between the schools (Memorial and Westside), there is a reason why most ppl went to see other games. ;)