Silsbee/Beaumont Ozen scrimmage

AggiesAreWe

14 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I agree..  imo, a certain player shouldn't play in this one....

Soulja, I have to disagree.  First, it sounded like that last week Tyler had a little trouble getting untracked.  While I have made pretty clear my feelings on claiming "wins" or 'losses" in a scrimmage, that doesn't mean I find them meaningless.  First, it is a chance to get the offense down and this is especially true given Silsbee is installing a new offense under a brand new coach with an offensive line which features four guys with no starts on the varsity level.  They need to gel.  Second, I think it can be used to get a guy some confidence and while I have no doubt that C is a confident kid, performing well in this scrimmage will likely remove some questions that he might have.

Aside from that, after viewing Ozen's scrimmage last week, the last thing that they need to worry about on defense is trying to get payback on a former teammate.

48 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Soulja, I have to disagree.  First, it sounded like that last week Tyler had a little trouble getting untracked.  While I have made pretty clear my feelings on claiming "wins" or 'losses" in a scrimmage, that doesn't mean I find them meaningless.  First, it is a chance to get the offense down and this is especially true given Silsbee is installing a new offense under a brand new coach with an offensive line which features four guys with no starts on the varsity level.  They need to gel.  Second, I think it can be used to get a guy some confidence and while I have no doubt that C is a confident kid, performing well in this scrimmage will likely remove some questions that he might have.

Aside from that, after viewing Ozen's scrimmage last week, the last thing that they need to worry about on defense is trying to get payback on a former teammate.

Yes, I completely understand your point.  

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

It will always be The Butch. Dont change the name

I don't see why this subject finds its way on this board so often.  Yes, I am among those who thinks that the stadium should have been named after someone who history has looked kindly on (my choice was Coach Smith).  However, there are a few truths that I think most of us who speak to this issue have.  First, I am not nor have I ever been a resident of the Beaumont ISD.  I have never voted in a board election there nor have I ever paid school district property taxes.  If it were different, I might feel entitled to gripe, but I don't.  Second, the current name of the stadium was given to it by a duly elected board of trustees which, at the time anyway, was recognized as the right and lawful board by the State of Texas. Third, a lawful Board of Managers appointed by the State of Texas has, and rightfully so, determined that there are more pressing matters within the BISD than the name of the district's football stadium.

Look folks, I know that the issues that have plagued the BISD are fresh in our minds, but in a generation or so, no one in this area will have any more of an idea who Butch Thomas was than folks in Baytown now have as to who Bill Stallworth was, folks in Katy now have who Jack Rhodes was or folks in Conroe have now who Buddy Moorhead was.

43 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I don't see why this subject finds its way on this board so often.  Yes, I am among those who thinks that the stadium should have been named after someone who history has looked kindly on (my choice was Coach Smith).  However, there are a few truths that I think most of us who speak to this issue have.  First, I am not nor have I ever been a resident of the Beaumont ISD.  I have never voted in a board election there nor have I ever paid school district property taxes.  If it were different, I might feel entitled to gripe, but I don't.  Second, the current name of the stadium was given to it by a duly elected board of trustees which, at the time anyway, was recognized as the right and lawful board by the State of Texas. Third, a lawful Board of Managers appointed by the State of Texas has, and rightfully so, determined that there are more pressing matters within the BISD than the name of the district's football stadium.

Look folks, I know that the issues that have plagued the BISD are fresh in our minds, but in a generation or so, no one in this area will have any more of an idea who Butch Thomas was than folks in Baytown now have as to who Bill Stallworth was, folks in Katy now have who Jack Rhodes was or folks in Conroe have now who Buddy Moorhead was.

Can't we just have a discussion without you having to show up and act like the principal? Maybe it's fun to talk about or maybe someone truly does care and wants to get other opinions. You should change your screen name to buzzkill.

11 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Can't we just have a discussion without you having to show up and act like the principal? Maybe it's fun to talk about or maybe someone truly does care and wants to get other opinions. You should change your screen name to buzzkill.

...you talking about the same thing?  Notice it's the people that don't even reside in Beaumont that keeps bringing it up....  Like Grad stated, he's never paid Beaumont taxes or lived here...  The name of a damn stadium seems to make OTHER people get all in their feelings...  

At the end of the day, it's the best stadium in SETX, and EVERYONE  enjoys playing there AND attending games there...

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...you talking about the same thing?  Notice it's the people that don't even reside in Beaumont that keeps bringing it up....  Like Grad stated, he's never paid Beaumont taxes or lived here...  The name of a damn stadium seems to make OTHER people get all in their feelings...  

At the end of the day, it's the best stadium I'm SETX, and EVERYONE  enjoys playing there AND attending games there...

turkey legs!!!

9 minutes ago, Scatright said:

If you do not care for my posts, SETXsports is not required reading.

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

At the end of the day, it's the best stadium in SETX, and EVERYONE  enjoys playing there AND attending games there...

You're right, I do not live in Beaumont. I think the topic is mostly centered around the astonishment that those of you who do live in Beaumont are perfectly fine with what has transpired in your district. So much so that the naming rights to the "best stadium in SETX" have been given to the one directing all of the corruption.

Cue the usual posts about evidence and indictments.......