City Councilman Urges Residents to throw Rocks, Bricks & Bottles at Police

Hagar

PF10, new tobie, Big Girl what are your thoughts on this.  Gotta love the BLM dumbarses, you know he is neck deep in that group.  And we wonder why race relations are where they are today.  It's because of idiots like this.  The DOJ needs to jump all over this.  To answer your question Nash, I'd bet everything I own he is a peace loving Democrat.

6 hours ago, new tobie said:

This is the hidden content, please

I read the article.  Of course it is an article and not the report itself but some of that stuff is slanting it far to one side and take some things way out of context.

One such example is 60 complaints of racial slurs. The time period is over 6 years so 60 complaints in maybe 80 months. Of course every incident is not reported but even in these, it lists no evidence of verification, only the allegation. So 9 times a year, the DOJ has found an allegation of a " the N word" in a department of more than 3,000 officers. They apparently use that as evidence rampant racism. I have seen such a complaint within my own agency. It was many years ago in my career but it was about using that most offensive slur. Three people filed the complaint. The complaint was against a black officer and after being interviewed again since the officer's story was different, they each admitted making up the story to get the officer in trouble.  

Obviously that doesn't make any Baltimore accusation false but it is easy to accuse when no evidence is required. I have personally seen such accusations that were outright lies. Even fairly recently I was called in to witness such an allegation against an officer made to internal affairs. What the person that was complaining didn't know was that the whole thing was on video. He made 3-4 distinct allegations and every one was false.  

So the DOJ comes up with 60 accusations in 80 months from 3,000 officers. That comes out to an average of one complaint per month for every 4,000 officers.  Even if every complaint was valid, it hardly speaks of sone out of control situation. Reduced to mathematical terms, that is 99.98% of officers each month not being complained on for using the racial slur. I agree that to do so is highly unprofessional and should be dealt with. When their evidence is that more than 99.9% of officers each month are not getting complained on I have to wonder about the extent of his problem as claimed. 

There are other parts of the article that seem to have a problem with the accusations by the DOJ. They are adding 2 + 2 and trying to come up with 9.625. Their math/logic just isn't working. 

Not trying to be funny, cute or belittle anything but is the "N" word offensive?  I could go buy any rap CD from Wal-Mart, turn on almost any video on BET / MTV, pull up any Twitter account from a person of color and the word is prevalent.  So, the honest question I have is that is it the word itself or the context?  Chris Rock has a full You-Tube video devoted to the word.  Chapelle show had a whole segment to the word.  I don't use it, but I would like to know who is offended by it when I hear the same people use it that claim to be offended.  Sorry, rant over.

2 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Not trying to be funny, cute or belittle anything but is the "N" word offensive?  I could go buy any rap CD from Wal-Mart, turn on almost any video on BET / MTV, pull up any Twitter account from a person of color and the word is prevalent.  So, the honest question I have is that is it the word itself or the context?  Chris Rock has a full You-Tube video devoted to the word.  Chapelle show had a whole segment to the word.  I don't use it, but I would like to know who is offended by it when I hear the same people use it that claim to be offended.  Sorry, rant over.

Its offensive when used in a hateful manner. I dont use it. I also dont use hateful words against whites, hispanics or muslims. Some people get pretty angry when the phrase yo mamma is used. Instead of bet, mtv, and rap watch roots. The N word has been used for severe hate in the united states. Also with negative slang people tend to group a entire race because of actions of a few. 

4 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I read the article.  Of course it is an article and not the report itself but some of that stuff is slanting it far to one side and take some things way out of context.

One such example is 60 complaints of racial slurs. The time period is over 6 years so 60 complaints in maybe 80 months. Of course every incident is not reported but even in these, it lists no evidence of verification, only the allegation. So 9 times a year, the DOJ has found an allegation of a " the N word" in a department of more than 3,000 officers. They apparently use that as evidence rampant racism. I have seen such a complaint within my own agency. It was many years ago in my career but it was about using that most offensive slur. Three people filed the complaint. The complaint was against a black officer and after being interviewed again since the officer's story was different, they each admitted making up the story to get the officer in trouble.  

Obviously that doesn't make any Baltimore accusation false but it is easy to accuse when no evidence is required. I have personally seen such accusations that were outright lies. Even fairly recently I was called in to witness such an allegation against an officer made to internal affairs. What the person that was complaining didn't know was that the whole thing was on video. He made 3-4 distinct allegations and every one was false.  

So the DOJ comes up with 60 accusations in 80 months from 3,000 officers. That comes out to an average of one complaint per month for every 4,000 officers.  Even if every complaint was valid, it hardly speaks of sone out of control situation. Reduced to mathematical terms, that is 99.98% of officers each month not being complained on for using the racial slur. I agree that to do so is highly unprofessional and should be dealt with. When their evidence is that more than 99.9% of officers each month are not getting complained on I have to wonder about the extent of his problem as claimed. 

There are other parts of the article that seem to have a problem with the accusations by the DOJ. They are adding 2 + 2 and trying to come up with 9.625. Their math/logic just isn't working. 

I have been treated badly by cops in beaumont for no reason. When they take my info they can see that i have a good job and live in a nice house. Which shoudnt matter.  Probably 3 out of about 7 times stopped. I need to start hitting record on my cell. Once i had my 5 yr old with me. What a first impression for him.