" Quoting a Coach... Best of 2016 "

Silsbee92

Just figured I would share something I haven't heard IN A LONG TIME!!

At practice other day watching Coach Allen (Silsbee DC) grill his DBs during morning session.

After warming up his guys and running drills he faces them off for tackling/hitting drills.

Coach Allen: " Alright lets get it on.  Show me what you got!! "  (For those of you who have not seen Coach Allen,  VERY ANIMATED/MOTIVATED)

Anonymous DB pauses and looks at Coach: " We hittin' ? "

Coach Allen: " Are We Hitting ?! ", " Heck Yeah We Hitting !! Why Do You Think You Wearing Those Pads ?!!

Anonymous DB:  ... no comment ...

Stands Erupt in Laughter/Clapping/Cheers

Next thing you hear are the glorious sounds of pads popping and tempers flaring.  Loved It.

Thanks Coach Allen

Keep Them Coming

27 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

At practice other day watching Coach Allen (Silsbee DC) grill his DBs during morning session.

After warming up his guys and running drills he faces them off for tackling/hitting drills.

Coach Allen: " Alright lets get it on.  Show me what you got!! "  (For those of you who have not seen Coach Allen,  VERY ANIMATED/MOTIVATED)

Coach Allen: " Are We Hitting ?! ", " Heck Yeah We Hitting !! Why Do You Think You Wearing Those Pads ?!!

Next thing you hear are the glorious sounds of pads popping and tempers flaring.  Loved It.

Thanks Coach Allen

Keep Them Coming

I work with a guy from silsbee who most of u probably know,when he told me a few years ago there was NO hitting in practice I couldn't help but laugh...

3 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I work with a guy from silsbee who most of u probably know,when he told me a few years ago there was NO hitting in practice I couldn't help but laugh...

hence the hesitation by the player. Absoutely Hilarious!!

I think he was truly shocked by the request, especially after who Coach Allen put across from him!!

Though for the record....neither player shied away from the contact.  It was a beautiful thing to see.

13 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Man I would like to know who these two were!! But not surprised I heard for years there was no hitting in practice and could not understand it.  You could tell on Friday nights by the missed tackles!! That along with discipline will go miles!

Plenty of tackling drills.  Coach Allen and others not pulling punches either.

Looking forward to Friday.  Between the fired up style of Babin (Raiders) and Allen (Tigers) this ought to be interesting.

2 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Thanks Coach Allen

Keep Them Coming

I love coach Allen's enthusiasm.  During Saturday'a scrimmage, a DB intercepted a pass...  The DB (and everyone else) stopped...  Coach ran the sidelines, told him to run.  He ran like 50 yards with him to the end zone and celebrated with him.  Lol