Pitch count coming

Most thought it would happen this coming year, but UIL didn't entertain the thought at their legislative council session earlier this summer. I think if it is mandated in hs, then it should be mandated during the summer as well. Majority of hs coaches do a good job of keeping track of kids workload, then they go to summer ball, where their workload increases in some instances. The kids just need to understand their bodies. Hopefully it will be mandated across the board.

31 minutes ago, td said:

What if my count is different than your count????

That's going to be the issue. Who is responsible for the correct number. Hopefully they leave it up to the coaches. We already keep track of the workload so it's not going to be an issue, but will there be a uniformed way to keep up w it. Not everyone's numbers always match up.

On 7/18/2016 at 0:37 AM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Who keeps the official pitch count in little league?

In our Little League, the home team provides the official scorer while the visiting team provides the scoreboard operator/pitch counter.  Our new scoreboards had the pitch count on the board.  I feel that the impetus behind this move has the heart in the right place, but the head not so much.  I think Coach Landry correctly made to comparison to the seat belts on buses.  Good idea in theory but you won't find many bus drivers finding it a good idea.  Goes to the enforcement. Who checks to see if 50 seat belts are properly used?  But I digress.......