why us 3a teams play 4a

wos pride

yea bit its still pretty ridiculous that we have to play schools that are nearly twice as big as us. And then people rub it in our face that we lose half of our games. All those big schools have enough people to make 3 teams and we can barely keep a varsity. I would much rather travel farther and win than losing all the time

I agree, its not fair to the 3A schools to have to compete with the 4A schools.  Just take a look at the bench and you can see the difference!  When the 4A schools can put fresh legs on the field to give the starters a break, they definitely have the second half advantage!  The second half is where a most of the Silsbee games were lost against the largers schools, cut the game in half and these games would be very different.  Even the best of players cant give 100% for a full 80 minutes! 

I think that the playoffs should consist of the top 2 4a schools and the top 3A school in the districts.  Give the 3A schools something to strive for!  Then let the 3A winners compete against each other in the playoffs, while the 4A schools compete in their own playoff.

I don't know if most of you have been following high school long enough, but the 4A division has been around for less than ten years now I believe.  Before that, all 4A's had to play up in 5A.  The 4A high school I attended was fortunate enough to win the 5A district and also win a first round game in the 5A play-offs for the two years that I played, so it's tough, but a lower classification can be successful.

Sportsguy, I like your solution.  And it'd be good in certain districts, but what about the districts that don't have 3A schools?  Or what about the districts that have only one 3A school playing soccer?  Does that team automatically make the play-offs?

I agree with you guys, too!  We need a 3A district.  Otherwise, this area is going to be stuck with a 9 or 10 team 4A district for a while.  And that stinks because it doesn't give the teams enough time to get their form, and it doesn't allow enough weekends for some teams to go off and see or play teams from other parts of the state.  I know several area teams were regular attendees to the Brenham 4A Showcase.  No teams from this area could go this year because the weekend it was held was the fourth game of distict for everybody.

You kids in school, tell your soccer buddies at other 3A schools to start a petition or demand a program.  I know that Bridge City is talking about starting up a program, although they've "talked" about starting up one for years.  I don't know for sure, but it seems like schools like Hamshire Fannet or Orangefield could produce a team, too.  The problem is, the AD's and school boards don't think that there will be enough participation.  The only way they'll consider it is if the students and parents let it be known that they want a program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed