DCTF to hit newstands on the 24th

10 minutes ago, pakronos said:

who???

Hines, I never seen him play but for 2 years now ppl been telling me about a RB on the lower level, those fools didnt know his name or just didnt wanna tell me, I stopped really paying attention to the lower levels after Lott got on varsity. We'll see what the running game brings, im not expecting much from it unless our OL gets 10X better. 

Not impressed with the print size. Alot of it is hard to read. Also, alot of older info for BH in there. Some kids have changed positions,etc. I noticed a couple schools they didn't have info on. I think one was KWP on returning starters, etc. Been buying this magazine since the late 80's and just seems to get weaker every year.

7 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I hate to bash them, but quality is for sure lacking. Don't know if it's a money saving thing or what. The cost is over $11 now too. Lol

I didnt even look at the price until now, I just handed the cashier a 20, I haven't looked full out in the mag yet im saving that for the weekend but for 11bones I better see sonething hilarious about Baylor in there. :)

Well, remember something. That DCTF team profiles and those in FNF as well as my previews are dependent upon information provided in answers to questionnaires to the coaches of the schools.  And from personal experience I can tell you that while most coaches, who are under no obligation to provide anybody any information, are kind enough to give information, some are not so forthcoming.  Unfortunately, one example is the aforementioned Kingwood Park entry.  I myself have had problems getting information from the coach there which is unusual for when he was at Cleveland, he was more than happy to provide some.

8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Any surprising predictions by dctf to you guys? For me the Newton pick was surprising but its Newton so I guess it makes sense given their history. Also Cedar Park vs Temple for D1 region 3 in 5A, I think Manvel will have alot to say about that. 

What's so surprising about a Newton prediction? Newton is loaded this year and the next 3 to 4 years only lost 2 starters on defense last season and every skill position player on offense is back with some more coming in this season. Newton could very well be back in Arlington again this season 

6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, remember something. That DCTF team profiles and those in FNF as well as my previews are dependent upon information provided in answers to questionnaires to the coaches of the schools.  And from personal experience I can tell you that while most coaches, who are under no obligation to provide anybody any information, are kind enough to give information, some are not so forthcoming.  Unfortunately, one example is the aforementioned Kingwood Park entry.  I myself have had problems getting information from the coach there which is unusual for when he was at Cleveland, he was more than happy to provide some.

I understand, but print use to be alot more clear and there was more info in the past. Maybe coaches have gotten more lazy? Use to be alot more color pages. That's why I think they might be going the cheaper route with more and more black/white pages. Anyways, there's not much more out there and I will continue to buy, but it's just an observation.

BTW, you know the Zane Young kid from Brock that is the coverboy for 3A grew up in Groves. Great family, doing big things up there.

6 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I understand, but print use to be alot more clear and there was more info in the past. Maybe coaches have gotten more lazy? Use to be alot more color pages. That's why I think they might be going the cheaper route with more and more black/white pages. Anyways, there's not much more out there and I will continue to buy, but it's just an observation.

BTW, you know the Zane Young kid from Brock that is the coverboy for 3A grew up in Groves. Great family, doing big things up there.

They have 2 I believe over in Celina from Groves.