BOY WINS ALL STATE IN GIRLS TRACK & FIELD

Hagar

I posed a question on another thread about Bruce Jenner as to how the men should feel that he beat in the decathlon, now that he is a "woman". Oops, I forgot, he wants to change back after whacking his peepee. I guess those guy's pride is safe again. How scewed up can we make this world in the name of discrimination?

Change we can believe in. I can't wait until an all boys volleyball team wins district and 22-5A.  They can't even  tell them to go play on a boys team because there is no boys team.  In the name of equality and how we feel on any given day, an all boys team could win girl districts. 

And so the insanity continues........ 

And yes, it is hilarious. 

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

Well Bullets, what say you?

That's a tough one.  She's taking estrogen treatments, which negate much of the muscular advantages that testosterone provide, and didn't exactly dominate a weak field, but I'm not a big fan of this out of possible unfairness to other athletes.  I know there has been some issues in major female track and field competitions with women from certain areas of Africa where hermaphroditism is prevalent, and babies are assigned female gender at birth, but show elevated testosterone levels as adults.  They're then dominating women's track at the international level.  They instituted testosterone limit requirements and those same athletes dropped off tremendously with estrogen treatment.  So maybe that is the answer for HS sports as well?  I'm not really sure.  As an aside, I read in some other articles about this athlete that she uses a single person bathroom at school and showers alone, which I think is a very practical approach to THAT issue.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

That's a tough one.  She's taking estrogen treatments, which negate much of the muscular advantages that testosterone provide, and didn't exactly dominate a weak field, but I'm not a big fan of this out of possible unfairness to other athletes.  I know there has been some issues in major female track and field competitions with women from certain areas of Africa where hermaphroditism is prevalent, and babies are assigned female gender at birth, but show elevated testosterone levels as adults.  They're then dominating women's track at the international level.  They instituted testosterone limit requirements and those same athletes dropped off tremendously with estrogen treatment.  So maybe that is the answer for HS sports as well?  I'm not really sure.  As an aside, I read in some other articles about this athlete that she uses a single person bathroom at school and showers alone, which I think is a very practical approach to THAT issue.

What would you think about just letting boys be boys and girls be girls? ( even though someone might be offended or get their feelings hurt- because I will bet you that the feelings of the girls who were born girls and remained girls have had their feelings hurt and are also offended)

53 minutes ago, stevenash said:

What would you think about just letting boys be boys and girls be girls? ( even though someone might be offended or get their feelings hurt- because I will bet you that the feelings of the girls who were born girls and remained girls have had their feelings hurt and are also offended)

Like I said, with sports, I'm not really a fan of transgenders competing as the gender they identify as because in some scenarios they'd gain an unfair advantage over their opponents.  But if this is the direction we're going to go in these situations, perhaps estrogen treatment is the answer to even the playing field back out.  

7 hours ago, baddog said:

Why do you think they take a cheek swab in the Olympics? Some countries have been known to cheat!

The East German women in the Olympics would have been right at home in the men's restroom :)