UT Baseball Next Head Coach

Coach85

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I mean, he did go into BR and hand Mainieri his behind in a 2 game sweep.   So obviously he probably deserves to be paid more than his inferior...

LSU has lost several Regional's at home the past few years. I would not pay Whitting a plug nickel for beating LSU in Baton Rouge. 

1 hour ago, Chester86 said:

So what is the latest rumor?  Who is on the radar?

Well,

here is the poop.

We have lurkers who read this board, and any time a coach is mentioned here, the afore mentioned coach gets a raise. 

Now we all know that $$$ does not matter to UT, but it does make it more attractive for a coach to keep his old job. Change is harder the older you get. Again this is proof that  The University of Texas is the dream job that schools are afraid of losing their coaches to, regardless of sport!

I fully expect to Texas to get their man. 

However because of the afore mentioned lurkers, no name will leak past these lips.

(TAMU coach) (Miami coach) (okie lite coach) ssshhhhh

Hookem

Well I went to ETBU, Lamar, Hardin-Simmons, Lamar-Orange and SHSU, but have followed Texas baseball since I was a kid.  The smack that gets thrown out between the different schools gets old.  I miss the old SWC days, and feel that is the way it should be.  I don't get upset about conference loyalty.  I would like to see them get a good coach, and feel like all those big schools can get whoever they want.  UT, TAMU, TCU, TTU, U of H, Baylor, RIce, SHSU, Lamar, and several others - we have great baseball in Texas.  

2 hours ago, Chester86 said:

So what is the latest rumor?  Who is on the radar?

I assume they are waiting for the CWS to end. Not much happening otherwise.

At this point I would be shocked if a land a big fish. The deciding factor used to be the money, now most programs can match the money. Why would they leave to re-build UT?

5 minutes ago, CRUSHCOACH said:

Should have let Augie have a farewell tour the last year of his contract then, they could have had more time to get a REAL coach. Doesn't look good when your looking at U of H for a coach !

It was time for a change. There are some good, young coaches out there (not named Todd Whitting) that will be successful if given the opportunity.

All those guys that "turned down" the job started somewhere.  

Time to drop the ego and give one of them a chance to prove himself. It can't be any worse that it has been for the past two seasons.

11 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

It was time for a change. There are some good, young coaches out there (not named Todd Whitting) that will be successful if given the opportunity.

All those guys that "turned down" the job started somewhere.  

Time to drop the ego and give one of them a chance to prove himself. It can't be any worse that it has been for the past two seasons.

We were turned down by Va coach.

anybody else?

21 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I've heard Tony Larussa and Joe Torre are looking to get back to coaching.  Maybe Bobby Cox also if the other 2 don't work out. 

Hey Mack, surprised TCU is racing past little brother aggy in baseball now too?   I didn't realize how badly we dominated you guys for a century in that sport as well.  The running away may not have just been for football purposes.  But thanks again, we all appreciate the upgrade with the Horned Frogs!

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Hey Mack, surprised TCU is racing past little brother aggy in baseball now too?   I didn't realize how badly we dominated you guys for a century in that sport as well.  The running away may not have just been for football purposes.  But thanks again, we all appreciate the upgrade with the Horned Frogs!

You shouldn't thank us too much. What was the score last time y'all played?  50-7?