Beaumont West Brook Job

2 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Can we agree that in the past 25 years, WEST BROOK has had THE MOST Division I college basketball players in the area, including PA Lincoln, and have NEVER been to the state tournament? Can we also agree that of the many SE Texas Schools in the area, in the last 25 years, just FIVE schools have won state championships, and Andre Boutte has coached TWO of the Five schools to state titles? So one can conclude that there IS a common denominator as to those programs going on to compete in and win in the state championship tournament, correct? COACHING. Good coaches are plenty in SE Texas, however, there IS a measure that separates good from GREAT.  STATE TITLES, and APPEARANCES. Now, I'm not saying that coaches that have not won a title cannot BE great, but when its been done on multiple occasions, there should be no discussion about the greatness at that point, and to point out "having athletes" is merely a poor excuse, and borderline jealous statement for someone that apparently has zero understanding of the game or is just a hater...Which one are you?

Excuse?  Jealous?  I am pretty sure I just gave much props to Coach Boutte.  He certainly deserves it.  I just don't think you are giving any credit to the talent he has coached along the way.  Can we agree that if Coach Boutte went to say Vidor or Lumberton that he most certainly wouldn't be making any trips to Austin?  Those schools can still have fantastic seasons, but realistically don't have the talent to go all the way.  Talent is not an option, but rather a requirement to win state championships, especially at the higher classifications.  

1 minute ago, Aces_Full said:

Excuse?  Jealous?  I am pretty sure I just gave much props to Coach Boutte.  He certainly deserves it.  I just don't think you are giving any credit to the talent he has coached along the way.  Can we agree that if Coach Boutte went to say Vidor or Lumberton that he most certainly wouldn't be making any trips to Austin?  Those schools can still have fantastic seasons, but realistically don't have the talent to go all the way.  Talent is not an option, but rather a requirement to win state championships, especially at the higher classifications.  

Had Ozen EVER been to state before he got there? Lincoln had talent after he left, and ONE coach took them back...COACH GAMBLE! West Brook has never been, so if he takes them, what will the excuse be then? They have better athletes? THEY'VE ALWAYS HAD BETTER ATHLETES AND HAVE NEVER GONE!! I just do not understand some of you guys thought processes on this...HOW can you say it all because of the athletes...That's an insult...Really it is.

8 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

He did a formidable job winning those two NBA titles. He is a good NBA coach, in my estimation. Is he better than Poppovich? NO WAY..Its a BIG difference...

Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh didn't have much to do with it?  Same with Garnett, Pierce, and Allen for Doc Rivers?

5 minutes ago, Aces_Full said:

Difference is in the NBA, EVERYBODY has talent.  

Why is it that when it comes to Boutte, you folks from HJ ALWAYS bring up, "but he has talent" speech? That's so insulting to a hall of fame coach that has done nothing but WIN...I bet all you folks think is that he just rolls the balls out and the wins just come automatically...You couldn't be more wrong. PLAYERS HAVE TO BE DEVELOPED. Why do you guys NEVER want to consider THAT fact? SMH

Again...reading posts in required to have an intelligent conversation.  You are just blindly defending your coach (understandable), but NO ONE is attacking him.  He is a great coach.  My contention is with you not giving any credit to the NBA players and Div 1 players that helped achieve those championships.  

It takes MORE than great coaching to win a state championship.  

24 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Then Brad Stevens is one of best coaches in the country.

Brad Stevens is one of the best coaches in the country.

Finished close to the top for coach of the year. Has significantly overachieved in his two years with that team.

Also took BUTLER to the final 4 a couple of times I believe. 

16 minutes ago, Aces_Full said:

Again...reading posts in required to have an intelligent conversation.  You are just blindly defending your coach (understandable), but NO ONE is attacking him.  He is a great coach.  My contention is with you not giving any credit to the NBA players and Div 1 players that helped achieve those championships.  

It takes MORE than great coaching to win a state championship.  

Do you think they came to him NBA ready? Or were they DEVELPOED? West Brook, again has had SEVERAL pros and they are not mentioned in this thread. No State appearances in school history...No titles..what does that mean in your estimation?

I remember asking Boutte how he felt about people saying that the only reason he won championships was because of pros i.e perk & stevie and he was his response:

"No coach can win without talent, but not every coach can win with talent"

Ask anybody that has every played for Boutte he makes things go, at the end of the day he had talented teams but he was the sole reason his teams won state simple as that. I'll give you another example, Central's team last year had more talent on it than Boutte ever had 3 D1 players in the starting lineup I don't think he's every had that much talent on one team. And that team never won it all, its called COACHING fellas.

Steve Nash to answer your question give Boutte 2-3 to get that ship rolling over there and they'll be competing for state titles year in and year out. 

1 hour ago, ozensfinest said:

I remember asking Boutte how he felt about people saying that the only reason he won championships was because of pros i.e perk & stevie and he was his response:

Ask anybody that has every played for Boutte he makes things go, at the end of the day he had talented teams but he was the sole reason his teams won state simple as that. I'll give you another example, Central's team last year had more talent on it than Boutte ever had 3 D1 players in the starting lineup I don't think he's every had that much talent on one team. And that team never won it all, its called COACHING fellas.

Steve Nash to answer your question give Boutte 2-3 to get that ship rolling over there and they'll be competing for state titles year in and year out. 

Unless West Brook drops to 5A, that will not happen. Too many great 6A programs in the state with very good coaching.

Boutte will have his years, but not every year.

Regardless of coaching or players it takes a break or two along the way to win a state championship at any level. A silly foul, a bad call or a turned ankle makes an average coach out a hall of famer. On the other hand if none of those occur a good coach with great players can win a title. Coach Boutte is a great coach no doubt about it but with all the fall out in BISD I'm surprised they can meet the salary needed to land such a proven coach at West Brook.

2 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

May be the wisest thing you have said on this board - then again, you are quoting Coach Boutte ;)

In all seriousness, I would expect WB to make a trip to SA within 5 years.  It won't be recruiting. He won't have to.  To alter a quote from a great movie, "If you hire him, they will come.  Oh yes, they sure will come."   To pair that with a Hall of Fame coach, the results will happen on the court.   

25 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

May be the wisest thing you have said on this board - then again, you are quoting Coach Boutte ;)

In all seriousness, I would expect WB to make a trip to SA within 5 years.  It won't be recruiting. He won't have to.  To alter a quote from a great movie, "If you hire him, they will come.  Oh yes, they sure will come."   To pair that with a Hall of Fame coach, the results will happen on the court.   

Better hope too many don't come all at once.  There is only one ball to share with all those great transfers. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Unless West Brook drops to 5A, that will not happen. Too many great 6A programs in the state with very good coaching.

Boutte will have his years, but not every year.

What great 6A programs? Lol there were only two good 6A teams in Texas this year and that was Atascosita & Desoto 6A ball in Texas is TERRIBLE....Aggie you're not understanding what is about to happen in Beaumont. Remember you guys were telling me that the talent had evened out in Beaumont and blah blah blah well now you're about to see what happens when Boutte is on the sidelines all of the best talent in Beaumont will be at WB and with the talent in Beaumont alone we can compete with any team in the state, not to even mention the kids that might come from the outskirts of Beaumont. (i.e Parquet) Just imagine Josh Boyd, Nijal, TJ, Toe Toe and Hunter all on one team or even something remotely close to that with Andre Boutte coaching them....WB will be a state contender pretty much every year once Boutte get things rolling there. Another thing how many times were Ozen not one of the best teams in the state/state champ contenders while Boutte was there? Maybe ONCE? Lol come aggie you're tripping.