Since We Have Oil...

baddog

8 hours ago, bulldogbacker said:

Marketing 

quit buying and the price will drop - demand

i buy synthetic so it shouldn't matter.

I don't know about all synthetic oils, but I can tell you that Mobil 1 is the real deal.  Worth the extra money.   

FYI:.  Amazingly, most people around here don't realize it, but until @ 2 years ago, all the Mobil 1 in the Western Hemisphere was made in Beaumont.  I would guess that still, at least, 90% is.   

10 hours ago, baddog said:

.....running out the Wahoo, why does a quart of motor oil stay at $5?

And when gas was $4 a gallon, the price of food went way up because of "transportation cost".   I haven't noticed food prices going down since gas has went down.   It's a strange phenomenon.  

20 minutes ago, REBgp said:

And when gas was $4 a gallon, the price of food went way up because of "transportation cost".   I haven't noticed food prices going down since gas has went down.   It's a strange phenomenon.  

So right REB. Everything seems to hinge on gas prices when they sky-rocket, making things more expensive, but when gas prices drop, it has no effect. I brought up th motor oil because I think it is sinful to pay that much for one quart.

13 hours ago, REBgp said:

I don't know about all synthetic oils, but I can tell you that Mobil 1 is the real deal.  Worth the extra money.   

FYI:.  Amazingly, most people around here don't realize it, but until @ 2 years ago, all the Mobil 1 in the Western Hemisphere was made in Beaumont.  I would guess that still, at least, 90% is.   

I have been using Mobil 1 in all my cars since the first oil change. 

Probably cheaper than reg oil when you factor in change frequency.

I change oil 1/yr

Been using since it first came out. Used to work for Mobil.

13 hours ago, baddog said:

So right REB. Everything seems to hinge on gas prices when they sky-rocket, making things more expensive, but when gas prices drop, it has no effect. I brought up th motor oil because I think it is sinful to pay that much for one quart.

Why are we still paying farmers to grow corn for ethanol. 

The energy balance with ethanol does not work. It is like nuclear fusion, more energy in than out. 

But I am no chemical engineer, so go ask one. 

This year is celebrating 100 years of chemical engineering at The University of Texas.