TIMES ARE CHANGING

Hagar

4 hours ago, REBgp said:

I know there are pluses & minuses in "the good old days", and now, but some of you may enjoy this.   Since I was running around barefoot during the old date, it was a reaffirmation of my old memories - from my perspective.   

This is the hidden content, please

I wasn't even close to being born yet in 1956 and I miss it.

I threw a paper route in 1966. Yes, I was 13 and holding down a steady job. Other kids had to go ask their mom for money to go buy a soda. I always had money on me and would take my family to dinner on occasion. Anyway, walking with a zippered bank bag, collecting for the paper, I could have as much as $150 in that bag at one time. People knew what was in that bag, but I never felt afraid to walk around with it. Now, bank bag or no, I would not walk down those same streets. 

I think parents just don't care enough to teach right from wrong. Kids grow up in an unloving household and turn to crime. Most kids now are simply a by-product of sex.

REBgp, I liked where your post said we used to eat and socialize with our neighbors. Now we hardly know who our neighbors are. 

3 hours ago, baddog said:

I threw a paper route in 1966. Yes, I was 13 and holding down a steady job. Other kids had to go ask their mom for money to go buy a soda. I always had money on me and would take my family to dinner on occasion. Anyway, walking with a zippered bank bag, collecting for the paper, I could have as much as $150 in that bag at one time. People knew what was in that bag, but I never felt afraid to walk around with it. Now, bank bag or no, I would not walk down those same streets. 

I think parents just don't care enough to teach right from wrong. Kids grow up in an unloving household and turn to crime. Most kids now are simply a by-product of sex.

REBgp, I liked where your post said we used to eat and socialize with our neighbors. Now we hardly know who our neighbors are. 

It's true bdog, I couldn't tell you my neighbors names.