Silsbee 120 Liberty 68/Final

WOSgrad

13 minutes ago, thegoat said:

Devon McCain looked like a floor general last night he has matured alot,Silsbee looked so fast and was playing great together

I agree. When he needs to take it to the rim, he does. Looked like he was trying to get Adams several looks to work his shot out. In my opinion, Adams will be the best shooter to come through Silsbee in a while.

29 minutes ago, thegoat said:

We do need that outside shooting, however there are times when I would like to see more going to the basket.  Draw some of those fouls but recognize when those fouls aren't getting called. We are doing great and in games like last night it's just hard to say what we will do or need to be better against those better teams.  In Games like last night focus is lost way too early.

1 hour ago, KHSAlum400 said:

In my opinion Silsbee will not be tested until the Regional Tournament. I'm predicting Silsbee/Tatum and Houston Wheatley/Waco La Vega at the Regional Tournament. Huffman MAY give them a scare but Silsbee has too much depth. 

I really didn't know Tatum move up to 4a, I know they use to be a power house in football! Good luck to the boys and girls Silsbee tiger basketball teams

1 hour ago, KHSAlum400 said:

In my opinion Silsbee will not be tested until the Regional Tournament. I'm predicting Silsbee/Tatum and Houston Wheatley/Waco La Vega at the Regional Tournament. Huffman MAY give them a scare but Silsbee has too much depth. 

Huffman is not athletic enough to run with Silsbee and they don't play thru perimeter shooting.

Whoever is going to beat Silsbee (which I'm starting to doubt there is anyone) after looking more in depth at the 4a level, it will take the following:

1) two guards that have great ball handling skills

2) a post that will dominate the paint (must rebound well) because Silsbee has two/three kids that can jump out the roof and one thing I noticed is that the Silsbee boys see the floor real well, and a couple have great basketball iQ. - knowing where to be on the floor to be effective (things that get overlooked by the common eye)

3) a team that will play Defense for 4 qtrs

4) a team that will get into the heads of the Silsbee guards (2) that I believe play with too much emotion

5) Must attack basket and draw fouls (Silsbee does the same and will get to the free throw line) the opposition must be able to do the same

6) if you can hold Silsbee to under 60 points - you will be victorious (GOOD LUCK)

26 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

Huffman is not athletic enough to run with Silsbee and they don't play thru perimeter shooting.

Whoever is going to beat Silsbee (which I'm starting to doubt there is anyone) after looking more in depth at the 4a level, it will take the following:

2) a post that will dominate the paint (must rebound well) because Silsbee has two/three kids that can jump out the roof and one thing I noticed is that the Silsbee boys see the floor real well, and a couple have great basketball iQ. - knowing where to be on the floor to be effective (things that get overlooked by the common eye)

4) a team that will get into the heads of the Silsbee guards (2) that I believe play with too much emotion

5) Must attack basket and draw fouls (Silsbee does the same and will get to the free throw line) the opposition must be able to do the same

6) if you can hold Silsbee to under 60 points - you will be victorious (GOOD LUCK)

I agree, the team can't just be tall! They have to be tall or have size and be Athletic I've seen a lot of teams that have size but not athleticism on any rate Silsbee did beat  some teams with just that so I think it'll be hard to beat them it's time for the boys to bring it home good luck!

44 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

So put 2015 Plano West on the court lol

1 hour ago, MOSSHILL said:

We are 1-4 when we have scored in the 60's with  1 of the losses to 4A Liberty Hill, the rest against teams in higher classifications and we won our only game where we scored in the 50s against 4A Argyle.  So we are 1-1 in those games against those in our class. 

11 hours ago, KHSAlum400 said:

Tatum struggled with Huntington tonight.

I just don't see Tatum making it to regionals