Who will have the best (Most Exciting) WR Core in SETX Next Year.

Kj Dad

I take it WOS has theirs returning as well.  If so they probably ha the edge right now in being the most productive, because they have their qb returning.  They are good no doubt.  One thing I like though about the Tiger relievers we have returning is that you have a big sure handed go to receiver returning in Mackey. Then you have two that are a threat to take it to the house from anywhere on the field as well.  One of which has very good size and strength as well.  The difference between these two groups next year may very well come from the qb position and how well they get the ball to these recovers.  The Tigers will start from behind in that respect.  Not only will our receivers have to get accustomed to a new qb but they will be depending on a new offensive one to give that qb time to throw the ball.  Add to that the fact that we don't know what our offense will be next year due to getting a new coach, and numbers wise right now would seem to end up in WOS favor.

10 hours ago, ST413 said:

I take it WOS has theirs returning as well.  If so they probably ha the edge right now in being the most productive, because they have their qb returning.  They are good no doubt.  One thing I like though about the Tiger relievers we have returning is that you have a big sure handed go to receiver returning in Mackey. Then you have two that are a threat to take it to the house from anywhere on the field as well.  One of which has very good size and strength as well.  The difference between these two groups next year may very well come from the qb position and how well they get the ball to these recovers.  The Tigers will start from behind in that respect.  Not only will our receivers have to get accustomed to a new qb but they will be depending on a new offensive one to give that qb time to throw the ball.  Add to that the fact that we don't know what our offense will be next year due to getting a new coach, and numbers wise right now would seem to end up in WOS favor.

Great Post!

12 hours ago, ST413 said:

best post I've ever seen by a person not downing another school. respect 

12 hours ago, ST413 said:

Well spoking much respect. WOS returning 9/9 on offense and defense. Should be a exciting year.

14 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Either Silsbee returning 2 1,000 yard receivers or PA Memorial.

So WOS WR Core don't belong in the conversation with Silsbee and PA? Silsbee and PA do have a great group tho. But you know I'm baise and gotta root for the home team.

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Depends on who Silsbee has as head coach and QB. If they have a certain QB they will be just as effective as last year. Silsbee also has a 1300 rb in Adonis Thomas returning. Very hard running back to bring down. 

Yea, they'll have to feed Adonis.  May take away fromvthw passes to those receivers...

1 hour ago, dBerrySports said:

Who does PA Memorial have coming back? And do they know what their QB situation is?

From what I hear, last football season, there was a really good underclassman, I believe freshman that was a good QB that should've gotten a fair shake at qb and it didn't happen.  He showed what he could do in a game against a tenacious North Shore defense.  

This year, many thinks he should start over the coach's son and 3 year starter this conning football season.  But I'm sure that for many obvious reasons that Harrison will return as the Titan's QB for his Sr. year... 

19 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Depends on who Silsbee has as head coach and QB. If they have a certain QB they will be just as effective as last year. Silsbee also has a 1300 rb in Adonis Thomas returning. Very hard running back to bring down.

It doesn't matter who the QB is. The receivers will have to get used to someone new throwing the ball. If the "certain QB" you keep referring to isn't in school with them now. They will have a lot to work on during the summer. The timing between QB and receiver doesn't just happen in a week.

I think Crosby will be in the mix for one of the best 5A receiving cores in all of Texas. IMO Netherly is no worse than the third best receiver in the state and could potentially be the top ranked receiver in the state after Spring evaluations. If I'm not mistaken he holds more reported offers than any other receiver in Texas to this point. Jordan Hill, who plays opposite Netherly, also has multiple FBS offers and should pick up even more during the Spring. No doubt Netherly and Hill will have the most offers between them as far as SETX receiving cores go.

We also have two more receivers who should get serious looks and will be college players. If everything shakes out Crosby could have two FBS kids on the outside and two FCS players on the inside. Pretty solid for 5A.     

45 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think Crosby will be in the mix for one of the best 5A receiving cores in all of Texas. IMO Netherly is no worse than the third best receiver in the state and could potentially be the top ranked receiver in the state after Spring evaluations. If I'm not mistaken he holds more reported offers than any other receiver in Texas to this point. Jordan Hill, who plays opposite Netherly, also has multiple FBS offers and should pick up even more during the Spring. No doubt Netherly and Hill will have the most offers between them as far as SETX receiving cores go.

We also have two more receivers who should get serious looks and will be college players. If everything shakes out Crosby could have two FBS kids on the outside and two FCS players on the inside. Pretty solid for 5A.     

Gotta agree. Crosby has the best group of Skill players in this area. Not close really.

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby not east of the Trinity and we don't play football in Setx 14.2....I heard that all football long from you right?.... I notice you starting too peck your head out the bunker you been hiding in.....lol

11 hours ago, Kj Dad said:

Crosby not east of the Trinity and we don't play football in Setx 14.2....I heard that all football long from you right?.... I notice you starting too peck your head out the bunker you been hiding in.....lol

Lol, I've never disappeared. No we don't play east of the Trinity and I separate the two because of the more progressive approach at building programs teams over here take. If you ask anybody outside of the GT to name you a city in southeast Texas, Houston is the first one they would name. You ask somebody from Dallas or Austin where Beaumont is and the majority will tell you east Texas. Fact of the matter is that for now Crosby is in the SETX sports coverage area and we have the best wr core, none of your pyp crew would have even touched the field for us last year. You probably should've worded the question different to just include the Golden Triangle, that way you could also exclude teams like Newton and Jasper who are even further away than Crosby.    

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, I've never disappeared. No we don't play east of the Trinity and I separate the two because of the more progressive approach at building programs teams over here take. If you ask anybody outside of the GT to name you a city in southeast Texas, Houston is the first one they would name. You ask somebody from Dallas or Austin where Beaumont is and the majority will tell you east Texas. Fact of the matter is that for now Crosby is in the SETX sports coverage area and we have the best wr core, none of your pyp crew would have even touched the field for us last year. You probably should've worded the question different to just include the Golden Triangle, that way you could also exclude teams like Newton and Jasper who are even further away than Crosby.    

I usually don't get into stuff like this, but you guys from Crosby are awfully cocky. I understand you have an incredible district record as of late. However all of your D1 recruits and the 17 guys or so ya'll sent to play big college ball didn't make it out of the 2nd round. I'm for all SETX teams, and wish nothing but the best for Crosby, but damn. Ya'll got housed in the 2nd round and your saying some of the best players on the WOS State Championship team wouldn't touch the field in Crosby? The SETX schools on our side of the Trinity may not be a bunch of studs, but don't get it twisted, Crosby wasn't either. 2nd Round and out.

21 minutes ago, Not A Guru said:

I usually don't get into stuff like this, but you guys from Crosby are awfully cocky. I understand you have an incredible district record as of late. However all of your D1 recruits and the 17 guys or so ya'll sent to play big college ball didn't make it out of the 2nd round. I'm for all SETX teams, and wish nothing but the best for Crosby, but damn. Ya'll got housed in the 2nd round and your saying some of the best players on the WOS State Championship team wouldn't touch the field in Crosby? The SETX schools on our side of the Trinity may not be a bunch of studs, but don't get it twisted, Crosby wasn't either. 2nd Round and out.

21 of the 22 kids that played on the semi-final team a couple of years ago have signed college scholarships. When you play 5A it's nice to have a bunch of studs, if you look at a team like Ridge Point's roster which we played in the second round with guys like Mustafa Muhummad, Terry Petry, Shyler Slaton(best cover guy I saw all year), Travis Bruffy, BJ Rainford, etc. I could go on but I think you get my drift. Those studs are normal teams when you get out of bi-district from this area. The majority of the good teams in Fort Bend county have just as much or more talent than Crosby, same for the Brazoria teams like Angleton and Manvel. I ask you though, which skill players would start? Remember our 5-star running back didn't even start before our three star tore his acl against Angleton in the first quarter. One receiver might be the best in the state, the other is a 6-3 three star with ridiculous hops, who already holds multiple offers. The other receiver is a stud that coach Babin said was the best back he saw all year, and that was with Williams having like three carries for about 140 on them in the first round. If you want to get in to dbs we have Tay'lor Perry who will probably get his 4th star after this Spring, Joseph Pickney was the 21-5A defensive MVP and signed with UTEP, probably would've had more opportunities with different circumstances. It's not being cocky, I'm just stating my opinion off the players I saw against Celina.

Now I'm asking you who definitely would? 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

21 of the 22 kids that played on the semi-final team a couple of years ago have signed college scholarships. When you play 5A it's nice to have a bunch of studs, if you look at a team like Ridge Point's roster which we played in the second round with guys like Mustafa Muhummad, Terry Petry, Shyler Slaton(best cover guy I saw all year), Travis Bruffy, BJ Rainford, etc. I could go on but I think you get my drift. Those studs are normal teams when you get out of bi-district from this area. The majority of the good teams in Fort Bend county have just as much or more talent than Crosby, same for the Brazoria teams like Angleton and Manvel. I ask you though, which skill players would start? Remember our 5-star running back didn't even start before our three star tore his acl against Angleton in the first quarter. One receiver might be the best in the state, the other is a 6-3 three star with ridiculous hops, who already holds multiple offers. The other receiver is a stud that coach Babin said was the best back he saw all year, and that was with Williams having like three carries for about 140 on them in the first round. If you want to get in to dbs we have Tay'lor Perry who will probably get his 4th star after this Spring, Joseph Pickney was the 21-5A defensive MVP and signed with UTEP, probably would've had more opportunities with different circumstances. It's not being cocky, I'm just stating my opinion off the players I saw against Celina.

Now I'm asking you who definitely would? 

Your original statement was none of them would "even have touched the field". Those WOS players would have most definitely "touched the field" and contributed. Several of the Crosby skill players were injured at some point and missed time. At the 5A level depth is very much a factor. You and I both know, teams that have the athletes, coaches, and numbers are usually more successful, especially with some of the injuries Crosby had to deal with. All the other fluff said is taking away from the point of my opinion. To say, the WOS elite wouldn't touch the field in Crosby is ridiculous.  

1 hour ago, Not A Guru said:

Your original statement was none of them would "even have touched the field". Those WOS players would have most definitely "touched the field" and contributed. Several of the Crosby skill players were injured at some point and missed time. At the 5A level depth is very much a factor. You and I both know, teams that have the athletes, coaches, and numbers are usually more successful, especially with some of the injuries Crosby had to deal with. All the other fluff said is taking away from the point of my opinion. To say, the WOS elite wouldn't touch the field in Crosby is ridiculous.  

All I said was name one that would have and who he was moving out? Malick Phillips is probably the only player that could have moved one of our kids at db and I'm not sure at probably 5-8/160lbs even he had a real chance. All I said was name one, any one. When Grace tore his ACL, Craig Williams who's a 5star running back and the #3 APB in the country, took over the job. When I say seen the field, I mean start, not come in during stat padding time. Elite players are elite at their level most of the time, otherwise they would get recruited. Once more I ask, which elite WOS player would've moved a Crosby kid off of his job?

When you're talking about a two class jump the statement I made was far from ridiculous. If you look at it a different way, CE King probably had only one kid that could start for North Shore for example. That's with their qb going to Tulane and their running back going to A&M. There is no fluff, the 4A-D2 title game probably didn't have one FBS player in it. Just one class up in the 4A-D1 title game La Vega had four by themselves, Argyle had one of the better tight ends in the country that signed with Clemson. The numbers increase as the classes rise. Foster beat King by 14 in the second round a couple of weeks after we beat them by almost 40, which elite players from WOS would start on the team they lost to by 28? My statement wasn't ridiculous at all when it's put in context, and that's in reference to a team I've repeatedly said doesn't play by the same rules due to their talent level comparable to their classification.